Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 02:03 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No I'm more of a I-am-ey. I believe in Universal Reconcilation does that mean I'm a U-ey?
no you are not no U-ey. People take the salvation of all and make it into a religion, then they attach a list of what you are suppose to belief. I believe if the salvation of all but i dont not claim to be a univeralist. If you look at a list on some website of what you are suppose to believe as a univeralist you will say, i dont believe all that stuff on there.

It is human nature to put everything in a box. to include religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 02:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And how's that workin' for ya?...
Our faith becomes effectual by acknowledging every good thing which is in us which is in Christ,and likewise our faith becomes ineffective by acknowledging every bad thing that is in our flesh( our old nature).

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus. Philemon 1:6

Old 11-28-2012, 06:43 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Its a process....
OK Billy Crystal...

Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 AM

1,320 posts, read 1,248,066 times
I bet if people read the bible they wouldnt have to ask these simple questions.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:40 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
Here is some of what the bible says on the matter:

James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Romans 5:9
Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Luke 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

Matthew 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Ezekiel 36:29
I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you.

Ezekiel 18:27
Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive.

2 Sam 22:3
The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

2 Sam 22:4
I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Psalm 37:40
And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

Psalm 59:2
Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men.

So we see a pattern here. We are saved from wicked men, from our enemies, from wickedness, from sin, from death. Now consider: a man's enemies are of his own house - and we are commanded to love our enemies.

Where does it say we are saved from an eternal hell of fire and torment? It doesn't.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
Well many read the bible and somehow believe that we are saved from eternal torment. I somehow thought that it said it too, but it didn't and I accepted that it didn't.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,399,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post

Perhaps, and yet many Christians who do not believe in the reconciliation of all and wish to refute it ask, "If there's no hell, then what do people need to be saved from and what was the purpose of Christ coming to earth?"

I don't think they ask such a simple question because they haven't read the bible but rather because they have been indoctrinated with the belief that one must be saved from eternal torment in hell/God's eternal wrath and that is their main focus. Sadly, the myth of eternal torment looms so large in their minds that they seem to be blind to the destructive impact that sin/non-love has on us, the condemnation and separation from God and each other that people feel because of it, and the utter importance of being saved from it.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
sin
death
hate
war
evil
ignorance
arrogance
etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
How's all that goin' for ya presently?...
I never miss what I aim for.
I haven't died yet.
I do not hate anything.
I am not in a war.
Abstaining from evil.
Not ignorant.
I do not think I am better than anyone else.

Actually, it's going quite well.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I never miss what I aim for.
I haven't died yet.
I do not hate anything.
I am not in a war.
Abstaining from evil.
Not ignorant.
I do not think I am better than anyone else.

Actually, it's going quite well.
I knew it!...Legoman and Jerwade...One and the same person...

Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
no you are not no U-ey. People take the salvation of all and make it into a religion, then they attach a list of what you are suppose to belief. I believe if the salvation of all but i dont not claim to be a univeralist. If you look at a list on some website of what you are suppose to believe as a univeralist you will say, i dont believe all that stuff on there.

It is human nature to put everything in a box. to include religion.
True and we have a tendency to think the truth we have found is all there is. God being the Savior of ALL is a wonderful thing to discover,but it's not all there is in the vast ocean of wonder.

Some go down to the sea and travel over it in ships to do business in great waters;
These see the works of the Lord and His wonders in the deep.
Psalm 107
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity