Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2013, 02:58 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

didn't see the last reply while typing this one, so.....
Is the idea that God will torment people for eternity so central to your belief system that you cannot see beyond it?
Yes, because that was the purpose for why Jesus suffered on a cross.
Jesus suffered the eternal punishment of God's wrath over my personal sin.
Jesus suffered the wrath of God as the only subsitute acceptable for a reason.

As John the Baptist accused those who rejected the truth:
You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?"

And yet, Twin, it is over sin and death, itself, that the victory was declared, not over God's wrath, nor eternal torment/punishment.

O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?
The sting of death [is] sin; and the strength of sin [is] the law.
But thanks [be] to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 03:08 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Quote:
I not here to evangelize to the adamnt UR. Noah was being righteous by condemning the world who reject the truth.
Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.
John 3:16, 36; Matthew 25 "thus says the Lord"

"Without faith it is impossible to please God"

The message of UR is vomit and God calls it "the folly of fools" or as the OP stated "God was joking and didn't really mean it".
Now you're comparing URs who love Jesus and believe the bible is the word of God (to varying degrees of course) to the evil people who made fun of Noah and God destroyed the world over?! Than you double down on your hurtful, holier than thou, and uncalled for "vomit" comment. I think Twin Ahab has been hunting his UR whale too long if your going to say things like that.

Last edited by Jrhockney; 01-17-2013 at 03:18 PM..

Old 01-17-2013, 04:15 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
No, it may be the end of YOUR story at this point. But I do not accept your beliefs as truth, Twin. You see this, right?
Was there a time which you thought I couldn't ?

Quote:
I'm not rejecting what I believe to be truth and what I believe to be the true meaning of the Scriptures you quote. If I were, that would be wanton wickedness. But I am embracing what I believe to be truth: God excludes no one and is not holding our sins against us. Not everyone is believing that, and whoever is not believing it is living under condemnation as long as they remain convinced that they are. But that doesn't change the reality of the situation.
That correct ... it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

You're proof enough that to embrace UR theology is to blame anybody up to and including God himself for your personal rejection of the truth.
John 3:36 is the truth. UR doesn't change the reality of the situation.

"without faith it is impossible to please God" is the truth. UR doesn't change the reality of the situation.

Matthew 25:46 is the truth. UR doesn't change the reality of the situation.

Galations 1:8-9 is the truth. Preaching UR doesn't change the reality of the situation.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:17 PM

342 posts, read 407,845 times
Twin, these guy's are playing that game we used to play as a child (at least I did) where we chased one kid down and all piled on top of him. It was fun to play until they called your name to be piled onto. Looks like the UR's call the name of any Christian who dare defend the truth of God.

Keep up the good fight and remember we fight not against flesh and blood. Remember who is behind the hatful post and remember he is a defeated foe.

God bless you!

Old 01-17-2013, 04:23 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham It Up! View Post
Twin, these guy's are playing that game we used to play as a child (at least I did) where we chased one kid down and all piled on top of him. It was fun to play until they called your name to be piled onto. Looks like the UR's call the name of any Christian who dare defend the truth of God.

Keep up the good fight and remember we fight not against flesh and blood. Remember who is behind the hatful post and remember he is a defeated foe.

God bless you!
Thanks, God bless you to.

Either God was serious when he said John 3:36

or UR theology wants to fool people into thinking God is

Old 01-17-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Was there a time which you thought I couldn't ?
Yes, always. You always say that because people don't accept what YOU believe is true or the way YOU interpret various bible passages, they are denying Truth and God himself, therefore they are wicked. You equate yourself to God, in that way. That's been pointed out to you numerous times but you never acknowledge it nor change your behavior. Why is that?

Quote:
That correct ... it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

You're proof enough that to embrace UR theology is to blame anybody up to and including God himself for your personal rejection of the truth.
John 3:36 is the truth. UR doesn't change the reality of the situation.

"without faith it is impossible to please God" is the truth. UR doesn't change the reality of the situation.

Matthew 25:46 is the truth. UR doesn't change the reality of the situation.

Galations 1:8-9 is the truth. Preaching UR doesn't change the reality of the situation.
Again, your opinion of what is truth is not the be all and end all, Twin. I do not "blame" God for anything, so please stop saying that I do. I give thanks to God for revealing to me what I believe is truth and for continually teaching me to walk in that truth. Further, I trust that God will correct my course in whatever way is necessary.

Anyway, Twin, you've answered my question. You've made the doctrine of ET the most important thing, according to your replies. You can't see love or grace or mercy, only condemnation. It's disheartening, but it's not forever.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:39 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
Thanks, God bless you to.

Either God was serious when he said John 3:36

or UR theology wants to fool people into thinking God is
I agree. Good posting!

Quote:
Yes, always. You always say that because people don't accept what YOU believe is true or the way YOU interpret various bible passages, they are denying Truth and God himself, therefore they are wicked. You equate yourself to God, in that way. That's been pointed out to you numerous times but you never acknowledge it nor change your behavior. Why is that?

Again, your opinion of what is truth is not the be all and end all, Twin. I do not "blame" God for anything, so please stop saying that I do. I give thanks to God for revealing to me what I believe is truth and for continually teaching me to walk in that truth. Further, I trust that God will correct my course in whatever way is necessary.

Anyway, Twin, you've answered my question. You've made the doctrine of ET the most important thing, according to your replies. You can't see love or grace or mercy, only condemnation. It's disheartening, but it's not forever.
Wrong! We believe God's love and mercy are there for all who will receive and accept it....IN THIS LIFE.

The lie is that you don't have to accept the Love and Mercy of God in this life, but fear not you will be OK in the end. You surely shall not die!

Old 01-17-2013, 06:01 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,980 times
"And he piled upon the whales white hump. A sum of all the rage and hate felt by his own race.
If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it." -Moby Dick

Its not entirely relevant but I've just always wanted to use this quote, lol.

Old 01-17-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham It Up! View Post
I just remembered that Pleroo means "full of --" or something like that in Greek.

Yes, Ham, it does. I chose it many years ago (back when I was an ET believer) because it reminded me, daily, constantly, of the passages in Ephesians which contained various forms of the word. And especially this prayer:

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,
from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,
that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you
to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—
that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
may have strength to comprehend with all the saints
what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge,
that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think,
according to the power at work within us,
to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

At the time, I could not understand why one would need strengthening in order to comprehend the love that surpasses knowledge. Now, I understand. Because when you've been indoctrinated with unloving myths and fables like ET, and told to be terrified of God if you dare to question them because you'll face his everlasting wrath, it is soul-shaking when you are confronted with evidence that those things may not be true. Do you give into fear and ignore the evidence, or do you trust God and allow him to show you the truth of the breadth and length and height and depth of God's love? You can only choose to trust if you've been strengthened in your inner being by God's Spirit.

Last edited by Pleroo; 01-17-2013 at 06:13 PM..

Old 01-17-2013, 06:12 PM

342 posts, read 407,845 times
Quote:
Yes, Ham, it does. I chose it many years ago (back when I was an ET believer) because it reminded me, daily, constantly, of the passages in Ephesians which contained various forms of the word. And especially this prayer:

For this reason I bow my knees before the Father,
from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,
that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you
to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—
that you, being rooted and grounded in love,
may have strength to comprehend with all the saints
what is the breadth and length and height and depth,
and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge,
that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think,
according to the power at work within us,
to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

At the time, I could not understand why one would need strengthening in order to comprehend the love that surpasses knowledge. Now, I understand. Because when you've been indoctrinated with unloving myths and fables like ET, and told to be terrified of God if you dare to question them because you'll face his everlasting wrath, it is soul-shaking when you are confronted with evidence that those things may not be true. Do you give into fear, or do you trust God and allow him to show you the truth of the breadth and length and height and depth of God's love? You can only choose to trust if you've been strengthened in your inner being by God's Spirit.
Well all I know is the loving truth of God but I do find your choice of the name interesting.

Mind if I ask why you reject the scriptural teaching of Eternal Life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity