Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:21 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

It was an Episcopalian Priest who first got me to thinking "outside the box" of tradition on this verse. He said something like, "I believe this was intended to be inclusive rather than exclusive." The point being that Jesus was the embodiment of the Way that men come to a right relationship with God and Man, and that the Word was not limited to the life and ministry of Jesus.
I believe there's more truth in that than the explanation given by the church that Jesus is talking about going to heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,954 times
Christ says;

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind of evil against you because of me.
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. They persecuted the prophets before you the same way.

there will be wailing and grinding of teeth when you see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God and you yourselves cast out.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:52 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,992,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
this is about to turn into a intresting thread. I say they all will get into heaven once God's judgements are completed. they will all bow down and confess Christ.
Now you are about to have the group that says no. they will all burn in hell.
others that say they will die and that is it with them.
at the end God will sort it all out, and every one of us will be shocked at what happens.
I can hardly wait to see some people's faces when I step up to them in Heaven and say, "Hi! I'm Katzpur from City-Data!"

Old 03-18-2013, 05:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I can hardly wait to see some people's faces when I step up to them in Heaven and say, "Hi! I'm Katzpur from City-Data!"
I can't wait to see the look on your face when I say, "There you are! I'm Dew and I seem to have run out of questions."

Old 03-18-2013, 07:06 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,282,414 times
Quote:
Given the fact of June's non-religious orientation, AND (most of all!) the fact that June is a moderator, she pretty much knows that she'll never be one of those faces that you'll meet in Heaven. --Think of me when I need thinking of! In the meanwhile, as relevant to the OP, one can only hope that someday there will be hope for June.

--Can't help but ask you however, based on your post: Do you have "City-Data" cited as your address on your driver's license?

--And now, back to the serious, real posts on this thread as related to the OP...

Old 03-18-2013, 07:35 PM

47 posts, read 40,847 times
Catholics and Mormons believe in the Son of Man .(Jesus Christ) They both believe in his death and resurrection so in
spite of some aspects of religosity tossed into their respective dogmas they are earmarked for heaven so don't add
them into an equation along with obvious pagans and unbelievers.

Old 03-18-2013, 08:47 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,992,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I can't wait to see the look on your face when I say, "There you are! I'm Dew and I seem to have run out of questions."
I'm looking forward to meeting you, Dew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Given the fact of June's non-religious orientation, AND (most of all!) the fact that June is a moderator, she pretty much knows that she'll never be one of those faces that you'll meet in Heaven. --Think of me when I need thinking of! In the meanwhile, as relevant to the OP, one can only hope that someday there will be hope for June.
It doesn't matter what you "pretty much know," June. I'll be watching for you, and you'll know it's me when you see me.

Quote:
--Can't help but ask you however, based on your post: Do you have "City-Data" cited as your address on your driver's license?
Well, of course. Don't you?

Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,612,035 times
Just visiting No comment, just peaking at how the other side lives. Must say, I'm finding the humor enjoyable.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:39 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,207,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietrain View Post
I guess I would include mystics, and all other non-denominational Christian branches and other spiritual paths to the list......including the Bai' Hai's and any other spiritual path that does not involve being a born again Christian......we are talking 1.2 billion Catholics alone....then with the millions more people in all the other spiritual paths on earth......just curious if there is any way these folks can also be candidates for the heavenly realm.
Jesus said that he is the only way. If they don't believe in him....well, that should be obvious.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:41 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,207,561 times
Quote:
I honestly hope to see you there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity