Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 08:50 PM

40 posts, read 341,792 times

Advertisements

I just saw the movie, "Passion of Christ" by Gibson. It was well done and accurate as far as I could tell.

Highly recommended movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 09:33 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
I agree, Happy..I saw it when it first showed at the cinema's..You could hear men, women and children sobbing. It was a very quiet moment when the movie ended and the lights came on..So many seemed to be very emotional..

Old 10-28-2007, 09:38 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,560 times
Oh I cry every time I see this movie. My heart just aches for what Christ must have gone through for us. As bad as it was in the movie, I am sure it had to have been much worse.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:38 PM

27,354 posts, read 27,407,146 times
Ive never seen it nor do I have any interest to. Not out of disrespect, but it just doesnt intrest me.

Old 10-28-2007, 10:01 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,238,594 times
I also saw it when it first came out. I caught myself telling people at work that it was a
good movie. Not good , very accurate, good because of what he did, but heartbreaking.

Not to take away from it but I have to ask this. (warped preachers kid)
Did anybody jump out of their skin when Christ stomped on the serpent?

Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 PM

1,250 posts, read 3,502,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefer View Post
I also saw it when it first came out. I caught myself telling people at work that it was a
good movie. Not good , very accurate, good because of what he did, but heartbreaking.

Not to take away from it but I have to ask this. (warped preachers kid)
Did anybody jump out of their skin when Christ stomped on the serpent?
I think I jump every time I see it. I never seem to catch on to those things.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:03 AM

83 posts, read 221,024 times
I'm disappointed in his editing out of the part where the Jews state that the blood of Christ is on their hands, as well as their posterity. Gibson shouldn't have given in to pressure from the ADL and other Jewish activist organizations.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:41 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Brunolesci View Post
I'm disappointed in his editing out of the part where the Jews state that the blood of Christ is on their hands, as well as their posterity. Gibson shouldn't have given in to pressure from the ADL and other Jewish activist organizations.
I don't think Mel cares about the Jewish opinions... in case you missed it (which I'm sure you didn't), he has a strong dislike for us. Which is why you won't catch me plopping down $10 for anything he directs or produces. Do you have any evidence to support this "pressure," or are you just pulling that from yourself and/or conservative media?

Old 10-29-2007, 05:30 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I agree, Happy..I saw it when it first showed at the cinema's..You could hear men, women and children sobbing. It was a very quiet moment when the movie ended and the lights came on..So many seemed to be very emotional..

I also saw it in the cinema and I was one of those sobbing. One of the moments that stands out most in my mind is when Christ was being beat and Mary put her head to the ground above where he was. I remember sobbing out loud at that moment. It was uncontrollable.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:34 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
It is so strange that I can't get myself to watch it again, even though the DVD sits on the shelf..I think it is because the impact of His passion and the portrayal of the devil...watching...was such an emotional breakthrough how I now see hate and all the evil it begat..I may be afraid that I will lose that emotion if I become too used to the movie..Know what I mean? I still remember that at the very moment of His death, I wanted the movie to go on with his resurrection and His ascension..I wanted the whole story to be shown to ease my personal broken emotional state...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity