Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I believe the 1000 year reign is....
a literal 1000 year period of time to come. 44 68.75%
a literal 1000 year period of time which has already started. 2 3.13%
the spiritual reign of Christ with believers in the new dispensation in which we live. 8 12.50%
I'm not sure. 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,467 times

Advertisements

hello bro and sis,

I would like to say greetings to all.I also would like to say i love everybody and would love to share in a kind and authoritive way at the same time.I have spent the last 15 years studying various forms of revelation teachings.

the truth is something we all search for.I believe jesus said it best.seek and ye shall find.ask and it shall be given.one apostal said,study to show thy self approved a workman that needith not to be ashamed RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH. I guess you get my point.

today most end time prophecy teachings were created by pioneers of the gospel reformation,for example :darbys opinion(the pre millinium)date 1830
seventh day adventist uriah smith(amillinial 1844) and so on.Most of these reformers were very aggresive in trying to prove their point.

I saw the statistics on this page 70%believe in a 1000 yr millinial(in future)how many un studied people believe this.if they truly took the time like they would understand history dont lie>the 1000 years already made history,the two witnesses done stood up and their are no second chances after the rapture.and all the scripture that the millinial people use to prove the confused doctrine are taken out of context.this i can prove.

most people dont understand the prophetic language ,symbolism,or even whats literal when studying rev,dan,eze,mal,jer.I spent years 8 hours a day 7 days a week.truthfuly rarely does the average person have that time.so what they do is trust thier ministry.right,RIGHT.I wish there was a way to show everyone that the millinial teaching is wrong .

i read as one person said he believed it all to be a literal interpetation!I feel that person hasnt genuinly spent the time to understand its litural in the since that if the symbols are understood properly.

Example:rev 12 a women clothed with the sun?cant be literal.that would be a mass of a person that was the size of the universe.what about a dragen that was large enough to knock stars out of heaven?again wake up this is symbolic.do you know how big a dragen would be that had a tail that could go to outerspace and do this?this is called symbolic prophetic language,it holds value of literacy through the real interpitation of it.

i wish i could be a help to those who want to know the real truth.if you did know it would change your life.please e-mail me if you are intrested in having this revelation unfold before your eyes.but if you want to debit.im sorry i dont have time.Mytime is better spent with people hungry for truth in love and rightiousness.

i can show an honest person that the kingdom spoken by the ole prophets has come and the millinial era has took place.we now await final judgement christ final return.its a very simple doctrine no confusion about it ,simplicity
email me [EMAIL="whittsflooring@woh.rr.com"]whittsflooring@woh.rr.com[/EMAIL]

love you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 04:11 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,189,756 times
I haven't taken the time to read through all 12 pages (so maybe someone has already said this), but I think to be most accurate, the poll should at least have these views: pre-millenialism, post-millenialism, and amillenialism. With that being said, I am an amillenialist who is open to other views.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:18 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,270,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
but I think to be most accurate, the poll should at least have these views: pre-millenialism, post-millenialism, and amillenialism. With that being said, I am an amillenialist who is open to other views.
To tell you the truth, when I started the thread I was not completely familiar with all the terms or all the varied beliefs on this subject. (pre, post, etc.) Feel free to share your view...

By "amillenialist" do you mean "not a literal reign"? That is my position as well.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
To tell you the truth, when I started the thread I was not completely familiar with all the terms or all the varied beliefs on this subject. (pre, post, etc.) Feel free to share your view...

By "amillenialist" do you mean "not a literal reign"? That is my position as well.
Well, the word "amillenial" literally means "no millennium." Thus, we believe that the 1000 year millennium described in Revelation is not a literal or a governmental reign. This belief flows mostly with Reformed theology which holds that with Christ's first coming the kingdom of God has been inaugurated and that Jesus is reigning over the earth as we speak. Thus, according to Reformed theologians, we are currently in this supposed millennium as Jesus' kingdom moves towards consummation--at this point Jesus returns.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:39 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,270,339 times
Quote:
Well, the word "amillenial" literally means "no millennium." Thus, we believe that the 1000 year millennium described in Revelation is not a literal or a governmental reign. This belief flows mostly with Reformed theology which holds that with Christ's first coming the kingdom of God has been inaugurated and that Jesus is reigning over the earth as we speak. Thus, according to Reformed theologians, we are currently in this supposed millennium as Jesus' kingdom moves towards consummation--at this point Jesus returns.
.... agreed!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
.... agreed!
.... sweet!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:39 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,041,803 times
cg,
You said your pastor talked about this on Sunday.
What kind of church do you attend?

Old 05-12-2008, 09:09 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
I had never heard of this until I stumbled across Hank Hannegraaf's (sp?) book, "The Apocalypse Code." I have to admit, it makes a heck of a lot of sense to me.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:44 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
I was looking back through the threads and I ran across this referenced site by Arguy. The thread had kind of faded out, but I took a look at the site and I think it's worth revisiting just for that. There seems to be a lot of controversy and questions about the rapture, 1000 year reign and related events, and I think this might help those who have been so inquisitive and those who are looking for scriptures and how they come together and relate to one another.

This is a real plain, simple, understandable explanation with all the related scriptures within the explanation and it explains exactly why I believe this and why so many others believe, such as the Baptists. I'm not too sure about the "glorified" and "natural" body differential within the 1000 year reign....I'm going to have to research that one.

Thanks Arguy!!! You should have made more of a fuss about this one!

Be sure to scroll down to the "Answer" section on the site.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:04 AM

1,897 posts, read 3,491,697 times
Quote:
I haven't taken the time to read through all 12 pages (so maybe someone has already said this), but I think to be most accurate, the poll should at least have these views: pre-millenialism, post-millenialism, and amillenialism. With that being said, I am an amillenialist who is open to other views.
ainulinale: The poll should also include full preterism--the belief that all prophecy has been fulfilled. Christ has fully established His kingdom which is NOT of this world and was never of this world. There is no end of the world, but there was an end of an age--the imperfect age of Judaism which was meant only to contain those things which were types or shadows of the antitypes and realities found in Christ and His perfect reign.

Peter said "the end of ALL things is AT HAND" (1 Pet. 4:7).
James said "the coming of the Lord is AT HAND" (James 5:8).
Paul said that there was "about to be (mello) a resurrection of the dead"
(Acts 24:15).
Paul said that judgment was "about to" (mello) come (Acts 24:25).
Paul said that "God has appointed a day on which He is about to (mello)
judge the world in rigtheousness" (Acts 17:31).
Jesus said "NOW is the judgment of this world; NOW the ruler of this world
is about to be (mello) cast out" (John 12:31).
Jesus said "the hour is coming and NOW is, when the dead will hear the
voice of the Son of God; and those who hear will live" (John 5:25).
Jesus said "the Son of Man is ABOUT TO (mello) come in the glory of His
Father with His angels, and then will He will reward each according to his
works. [when?] Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here
who shall not taste death till THEY see the Son of Man coming in His
kingdom" (Mat. 16:27-28)
Jesus said, "whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven
him, either in this age or in the age ABOUT TO (mello) come" (Mat. 12:32).

The writer of Hebrews makes it clear that in THAT day the old age was about to end and the new age was about to begin. "Now what IS BECOMING obsolete [the first covenant] and growing old is ready to vanish away" (Heb. 8:13). It was ready in the first-century to pass away! Those who want to take so literally the upheavals in the heavens and on earth, consider Hebrews 12:25f--"See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if THEY did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall WE not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven, whose voice SHOOK THE EARTH; but now He has promised, saying 'Yet once more I will shake not only earth, but also heaven.' Now this, 'Yet once more," indicates the removal of those things that ARE BEING SHAKEN, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken remain.'"

God was at that time (pre-A.D. 70) shaking the "heaven and the earth" [old covenant]--that which cannot be shaken [new covenant] would remain.
The timing is seen in verse 28--"Therefore, since WE ARE RECEIVING [those contemporaneous to the writer] a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace by which we may serve God . . . ."

Paul said something similar about the passing of the old covenant and the coming of the new covenant in 2 Corinthians 3:11. "For if what IS passing away [old covenant] is glorious, what remains [new covenant] is much more glorious."

The eternal New Covenant was fully established at the coming of Christ in power and judgment--the Old Covenant and Judaism were forever made obsolete when the Temple and Jerusalem were destroyed in A.D. 70.

Preterist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity