Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 09:39 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,139,412 times

Advertisements

There is no specific verse that commands the 1rst day of the week be a work day, but the bible clearly does say they were to work for 6 days and on the 7th day they were commanded to rest. That is also why Mary didnt try to come back to the tomb on saturday to annoint Jesus body because no work was allowed on the Sabbath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 10:28 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
the true sabbath is from tuesday 345pm to wednesday 446am. i took several words from different chapters in the bible, cut it out. pasted it with some cut outs i got from the sunday paper. then i turned it 45 degrees, took one contact off, and then i seen the truth. tuesday 345pm is the real sabbath

Old 04-16-2013, 11:38 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,133,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Which Biblical passage states unquestioningly that God started the work week on Sunday? I musta missed that part.
I'm not sure there was 'days' and 'nights' until after he created them. So the time period wasn't there yet. It's a little baffling.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:09 PM

991 posts, read 1,770,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjames4 View Post
The Sabbath day created is Saturday and always will be. No man may create his own Sabbath. But we do not serve an ignorant God . Just as many Jews could not attend the Passover meal in the first month God allowed them to attend a passover in the second month. Constantine changed this day to Sunday without the permission of God. You can not make your own calendar of seven days. They have already been made by God. Sunday is and will always be the first day of the week and Saturday the seventh day of the week no matter what your work Schedule is. You get off on Friday which is the sixth day of the week with Saturday being the Seventh day for church. In today's society because of what Constantine has done many believers go to church on Sunday. This is the truth surrounding the issue of the Sabbath day. Now there are many false teachings about this issue but, it seems you have a lot to learn about God and you can still do that on Sunday and decide for yourself.
The Sabbath day even for Christians is the Saturday (the seventh day). Sunday (the first day of the week) is observed by Christians as a holy day. There is no confusion and Sabbath observance wasn't changed it was what days Christians observed as the holy day. The first day of the week is observed because that is day on which Jesus Christ was observed to have risen from the dead and also the day of the week that he first appeared to the apostles.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
The Sabbath day even for Christians is the Saturday (the seventh day). Sunday (the first day of the week) is observed by Christians as a holy day. There is no confusion and Sabbath observance wasn't changed it was what days Christians observed as the holy day. The first day of the week is observed because that is day on which Jesus Christ was observed to have risen from the dead and also the day of the week that he first appeared to the apostles.

Do you believe Christians are sinning when they dont rest from all their works on Saturday like the 10 commandments says they are supposed to?

Old 04-16-2013, 01:46 PM

991 posts, read 1,770,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Do you believe Christians are sinning when they dont rest from all their works on Saturday like the 10 commandments says they are supposed to?
Catholicism only regards work that hinders the worship due to god as being in contravention of the sabbath. Protestants take an even more relaxed view.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,545,216 times
Quote:
God does according to them and if you dont keep the Sabbath you are doomed.
So the unforgiveable Sin is going to church on Sunday?

Silly me...I thought it was blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
So the unforgiveable Sin is going to church on Sunday?

Silly me...I thought it was blaspheming the Holy Spirit.
Thats what Sabbatarians think. This lady I talked to the other day said she doesnt know if her father is in heaven because he was a baptist and didnt keep the sabbath.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:38 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Thats what Sabbatarians think. This lady I talked to the other day said she doesnt know if her father is in heaven because he was a baptist and didnt keep the sabbath.
Shoulda told her not to worry, being a Baptist disqualified him from Heaven even without the question of Sabbath keeping!

Old 04-16-2013, 02:41 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
it must really be bad for partime workers who only work 3 times per week. they are really screwed. or the teachers during the summers when they dont work. poor souls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity