Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2013, 06:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,829,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Believers in what ? Salvation from eternal hell/torment?......... Give me a break, you are a 100% bible believer and you cannot come up with one single scripture that supports we are saved from eternal hell/torment.
Believers in Jesus Christ. Why do you judge our hearts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 06:45 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Believers in Jesus Christ. Why do you judge our hearts?
Not judging your heart and I am rejecting what you believe you think you are saved from.

So what did Jesus Christ save you from ?.

to you first, God, having raised up His child Jesus, did send him, blessing you, in the turning away of each one from your evil ways.' Acts 3:26

This is being saved ^^^^^^^^

Old 05-10-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Not judging your heart and I am rejecting what you believe you think you are saved from.

to you first, God, having raised up His child Jesus, did send him, blessing you, in the turning away of each one from your evil ways.' Acts 3:26

Quote:
Believers in what ? Salvation from eternal hell/torment?......... Give me a break
How do you think it comes across when you say things like "believers in what......give me a break? "? Of course you are judging us.

It's ugly. Knock it off.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 PM

Quote:
How do you think it comes across when you say things like "believers in what......give me a break? "? Of course you are judging us.

It's ugly. Knock it off.
Isn't being saved the foundation of faith ?, if you are a 100% bible believer you should have no problem supporting with scripture what you are saved from.After being on this forum for so long and you being educated that scripture does come close to nor teach salvation from eternal hell or come anywhere close to it.......... I think I am well Within my right to say give me a break.

to you first, God, having raised up His child Jesus, did send him, blessing you, in the turning away of each one from your evil ways.'
This is what we are being saved from.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,755,658 times
Default Repentance must begin first at the House of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The second half of Romans 1 has come up in past threads as God's revealing wrath in giving us over to sinful behavior.

Romans 1:18-32
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,

19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. 25 For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.

So here's my question - are all of the gay people coming out an indicator of God's revealed wrath on this country?
OP, too many Christians quote those exact same verses but forget to read the rest of the chapter and into chapter two. Certainly there is condemnation of sin, but there is also a warning to Christians.
KJV
Quote:
Romans 2:1
Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself: for thou that judgest doest the same things.
2:2
But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.
2:3
And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?
2:4
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
2:5
But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath agians the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God.
The Living Bible:
Quote:
"Well," You may be saying, "what terrible people you have been talking about!" But wait a minute! You are just as bad. When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are talking about yourselves, for you do these very same things. And we know that God, in justice, will punish anyone who does such things as these. Do you think that God will judge and condemn others for doing them and overlook you when you do them, too? Don't you realize how patient he is being with you? Or don't you care? Can't you see that he has been waiting all this time without punishing you, to give you time to turn from your sin? His kindness is meant to lead you to repentance.
So while many Christians are quick to condemn the sins of others, they are just as quick to overlook their own sins. Too many Christians classify their own sin as "not as bad as those people, or those, or those." But all our righteousness is as filthy rags before the Lord. The sin of gluttony is as evil in his eyes as the murder of millions by Hitler. IT IS ONLY GOD'S KINDNESS which is meant to lead you to repentance that is keeping you from His judgment.

Why can't more Christians be like God and use kindness to lead others to repentance?

Don't tell me what the Word says. Show me the Word made flesh. With love, with forgiveness, with patience, with care for the sinners that Christ gave His life for. Wait until you stand before God's throne to condemn others, and ask for His mercy on you in the manner you have shown others.

God will pass judgment on the nation and on all people in His own time. In the meantime, He asks us to OBEY Him by reaching out to everyone for whom His son died. And remember, judgment first begins at the House of God.

Quote:
"For the time has come for judgment, and it must begin first among God's own children."---
Living Bible 1 Peter 4:17

Last edited by Wardendresden; 05-10-2013 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-10-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Isn't being saved the foundation of faith ?
Yes, that is what Jesus taught, and what I (and all those evil 100% believers) believe.

Quote:
if you are a 100% bible believer you should have no problem supporting with scripture what you are saved from.After being on this forum for so long and you being educated that scripture does come close to nor teach salvation from eternal hell or come anywhere close to it.......... I think I am well Within my right to say give me a break.
This is what you insist every discussion must be about, but it is not. See, you insist we talk about hell on every topic, but you need to understand that not every thread can be about the same topic. The problem is that you turn every discussion to hell, and then you throw in the "give me a break" as if someone else brough it up. It's silly.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Yes, that is what Jesus taught, and what I (and all those evil 100% believers) believe.

This is what you insist every discussion must be about, but it is not. See, you insist we talk about hell on every topic, but you need to understand that not every thread can be about the same topic. The problem is that you turn every discussion to hell, and then you throw in the "give me a break" as if someone else brough it up. It's silly.
No you are misrepresenting me FinnJarber. This thread is about the wrath of God which those who claim? are 100% bible believers equates to eternal hell, so knock it off and support your claim that Jesus Christ who died, was buried, resurrected and ascended to glory, did so to save us from eternal hell/torment/torture/everlasting punishment.

If you believe you are saved from eternal hell you still have not understood the good news and are without Christ in this world.

Last edited by pcamps; 05-10-2013 at 08:25 PM..

Old 05-10-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
No you are misrepresenting me FinnJarber. This thread is about the wrath of God which those who claim? are 100% bible believers equates to eternal hell, so knock it off and support your claim that Jesus Christ who died, was buried, resurrected and ascended to glory, did so to save us from eternal hell/torment/torture/everlasting punishment.

If you believe you are saved from eternal hell you still have not understood the good news and are without Christ in this world.
Topic: Is this God's revealed wrath on this country?

Topic is NOT: 100% bible believers & HELL

Old 05-10-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Topic: Is this God's revealed wrath on this country?

Topic is NOT: 100% bible believers & HELL
100% bible believers believe the wrath of God(the OP)equates to eternal torment-hell-torture-punishment

Old 05-10-2013, 08:23 PM

20,475 posts, read 12,872,438 times
Quote:

Romans 5

9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity