Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 10:18 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
This prison I believe is reserved for those who claim to be 100% bible believers, who have forgotten the great mercy they have been freely shown and do not have the slightest bit of mercy towards anyone who is in debt.
These messengers are held in darkness, bound by the chains of their own understanding; until the day of their judgment in the presence of the lamb, whom they crucify.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2013, 11:20 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,038,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
So at least then you admit you're wantonly speaking in half truths in order to distort what Jesus said in the full picture.
Do you realize how obvious it is when you make these type of outright lying statements, putting words and even "confessions" in someone's mouth who you are trying to beat in a discussion? Here, I'll give you an example of how it is done:

EXAMLE:
"So you admit, twin.spin, that discussing spiritual things is like a game of monopoly, something you simply want to win regardless of the fact that the winner is a conniving hoarder who doesn't care about the welfare of others?"

Old 05-11-2013, 12:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,968,884 times
Quote:
Very good for noticing that.

Did you happen to notice that before being jailed what Jesus said: " he was not able to pay "
Now I'm sure the less than the 100% Bible believer has it all figured out how a person who while free "
was not able to pay" suddenly becomes "able to pay"

Maybe the person who forgave the debt, paid it in full if you will, would change his mind about taking it back if he saw that the servant took the lesson to heart and repented of his ungrateful treatment of his fellow servant? If he was not able to pay it in the first place, how could be paid?

Old 05-11-2013, 01:11 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Maybe the person who forgave the debt, paid it in full if you will, would change his mind about taking it back if he saw that the servant took the lesson to heart and repented of his ungrateful treatment of his fellow servant? If he was not able to pay it in the first place, how could be paid?
Exactly ... he couldn't.

And the point is the master still demanded to be repaid knowing full well that he couldn't .... leaving the wicked servant being tortured.

And what really gets the dogs howling is that Jesus said that is what God will do to the wicked... which flies in the face of their false gospel of UR and or this falsehood about God only being love.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:27 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Exactly ... he couldn't.

And the point is the master still demanded to be repaid knowing full well that he couldn't .... leaving the wicked servant being tortured.

And what really gets the dogs howling is that Jesus said that is what God will do to the wicked... which flies in the face of their false gospel of UR and or this falsehood about God only being love.
Do you think Jesus was speaking idle words he said "until he paid back all that he owed" ?. What was it owed ? The ability to show the same mercy that he had been shown. The jail was the place where he had to learn it

because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

You seem blind to the fact that it is you are the one with no mercy.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:50 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Do you think Jesus was speaking idle words he said "until he paid back all that he owed" ?. What was it owed ? The ability to show the same mercy that he had been shown. The jail was the place where he had to learn it

because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

You seem blind to the fact that it is you are the one with no mercy.
You're almost funny ..... who is the one that said this:
“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

and from a different master \ wicked servant parable spoken from the mind of Jesus:
“His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant!....

“Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who
has ten minas.’

“ ‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’ "

“He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who
has nothing, even what they have will be taken away.

But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’ ”

"Mercy triumphs over judgment." is not what happens finally to the wicked.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:08 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,281,476 times
Quote:

[/indent]and from a different master \ wicked servant parable spoken from the mind of Jesus:
“His master replied, ‘I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant!....

Why are you so worried about the "wicked"?

Do they affect your life? Are the wicked keeping you from going to church? Shopping for food? Enjoying a nice Spring day? Except for what's on the news I have to say I spend zero time thinking about the wicked. Are they a threat to those of us who mind our own business?

Who's on the wicked list these days? Gays? The Joint Chiefs of Staff? Women in two piece bathing suits?

Old 05-11-2013, 02:25 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
You're almost funny ..... who is the one that said this:
“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother or sister from your heart.”

and from a different master \ wicked servant parable spoken from the mind of Jesus:

“Then he said to those standing by, ‘Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who
has ten minas.’

“ ‘Sir,’ they said, ‘he already has ten!’ "

“He replied, ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who
has nothing, even what they have will be taken away.

But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me.’ ”

It is blatantly obvious that when you read parables from the scripture, you do so with a mindset of literalism to fit your extreme views about all who are not of the same belief as you.

What do you think it was that the wicked servant owed in prision, in the parable ?. You do understand the parable as got nothing to do with greenbacks ?.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:12 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,038,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How do you think it comes across when you say things like "believers in what......give me a break? "? Of course you are judging us.

It's ugly. Knock it off.

Pot, meet Kettle ... Kettle, this is Pot.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:15 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,960,398 times
Some people on these forums simply cannot read standard English.

Note the following text:

Heb 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left,
Heb 10:27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

This text, in clear English, tells us that those who have been Saved, and later reject and never repent, having nothing to look forward to than judgment, just exactly what happened to the unmerciful servant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity