Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 07:41 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How do you think the pharisees and the demons felt when Jesus ripped them? .
At least you are scriptural about who Jesus ripped. Now we just need to get you to go one step further and state that it was not the prostitutes,tax collectors, publicans and homosexuals that got ripped.

And it was the Pharisees who were offended by Jesus being in the presence of those they condemed and looked down upon.

Last edited by pcamps; 05-12-2013 at 07:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,528,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Well I'm certainly not feeling the love and empathy for others that is so integral to the teachings of Christ from many of these people.
From somebody who says that Satan is a "It's a creation myth. An allegorical story." ... you think you're taken seriously about anything concerning what you hold as "integral to the teachings of Christ".

No doubt you'd have the same feeling about this:There is such a thing as righteous anger
Psalm 5:5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong;

Proverbs 8:13 To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.

Sexual immorality of all types is evil behavior ... and since Jesus is God, he judged homosexuality detestable \ perversion.

And do note: Proverbs 8:13 does not speak to the person themselves, but what they do.

And the double-minded \ unstable will twist it as normal and use scripture to discredit the very same source that it came from. No doubt it's all the 100% Bible believers that Psalm 5:5 and Proverbs 8:13 that God has in mind.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:51 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,418,114 times
Quote:
If you have no desire to discuss the topic, then why are you here? Of course Paul was talking about sex acts, although (as I pointed out several times) towards the end of the chapter he lists a long list of other sins, including the willingness of people to not only perform such acts, but also approve of them. I think this wide spread approval of sinfulness is a bigger problem to us as a nation. People desire to appear as 'nice guys' and 'tolerant', and they will approve/condone, and even promote sinful behaviour in others.
Because the OP tries to create a false link between Pauls letter to the Romans, God's wrath, and gay and lesbian people 'coming out' in the 21st century. I am here to correct that 'malicious' 'deceit' and 'slander' by 'arrogant' 'depraved' so-called Christians who have 'no understanding' 'no love', 'no mercy' and have caused much 'strife' and 'invent ways of doing evil' to gay and lesbian people.

"They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

You may not be engaging in ritual sex practices to worship ancient fertility gods like those heterosexual gentiles in the first century, but apparently you and other so-called Christians 'approve/condone and even promote' and engage in a lot of the 'sinful behaviour' described in verses 29-32.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-12-2013 at 08:02 AM..

Old 05-12-2013, 07:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,790,400 times
Quote:
I take it you do not believe asuras in the Hindu religion or Mara in Buddhism even exist?
Correct.

Do you always avoid answering direct questions by asking your own questions?

Old 05-12-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Because the OP tries to create a false link between Pauls letter to the Romans, God's wrath, and gay and lesbian people 'coming out' in the 21st century. I am here to correct that 'malicious' 'deceit' and 'slander' by 'arrogant' 'depraved' so-called Christians who have 'no understanding' 'no love', 'no mercy' and have caused much 'strife' and 'invent ways of doing evil' to gay and lesbian people.

"They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

You may not be engaging in ritual sex practices to worship ancient fertility gods like those heterosexual gentiles in the first century, but apparently you and other so-called Christians 'approve/condone and even promote' and engage in a lot of the 'sinful behaviour' described in verses 29-32.
This is exactly what I meant when I said you demand people approve / condone / promote / embrace your sins, and if they do not, then you accuse them of being unloving. It won't work with me. Sorry. You make me choose between appeasing you, or following Christ, and I choose Christ. It is too bad if it offends you.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
From somebody who says that Satan is a "It's a creation myth. An allegorical story." ... you think you're taken seriously about anything concerning what you hold as "integral to the teachings of Christ".

No doubt you'd have the same feeling about this:There is such a thing as righteous anger
Psalm 5:5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong;

Proverbs 8:13 To fear the Lord is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.

Sexual immorality of all types is evil behavior ... and since Jesus is God, he judged homosexuality detestable \ perversion.

And do note: Proverbs 8:13 does not speak to the person themselves, but what they do.

And the double-minded \ unstable will twist it as normal and use scripture to discredit the very same source that it came from. No doubt it's all the 100% Bible believers that Psalm 5:5 and Proverbs 8:13 that God has in mind.
Jesus Christ wasn't mentioned in the Book of Genesis at all. (Which wasn't even the original name anyway. The Jews called the first book of their Torah, 'Beresh'it').
And no, the verse about the woman's seed and the serpent's head wasn't a messianic prophecy about Jesus Christ. Even Augustine, who was one of the main culprits for the invention of the doctrine of 'original sin', didn't see it that way.

Christ also made no mention of gay and lesbian people or homosexuality. Homosexuality isn't mentioned at all in the Biblical texts. You are confusing heterosexual men using male rape of strangers to humiliate them, heterosexual men using other men like women, pagan temple prostitution, and heterosexual gentiles using ritual sex acts (which included men having vaginal sex and anal sex with women then anal sex with each other) to worship pagan fertility gods, as 'homosexuality'. It's not. BTW, Do you not even realise that most men who rape other men are heterosexual? Male rape isn't about sexual orientation, it's about power and control. Stop blaming things heterosexual people did way back then on 21st century gay and lesbian people. It's getting old.

And what's with your obsession with sex acts anyway? Most gay and lesbian relationships are about love, respect, communication, family, building a life together etc like most heterosexual relationships are. If relationships and marriage are only about sex acts to you, then I feel sorry for you.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-12-2013 at 08:34 AM..

Old 05-12-2013, 08:19 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
Quote:
This is exactly what I meant when I said you demand people approve / condone / promote / embrace your sins, and if they do not, then you accuse them of being unloving. It won't work with me. Sorry. You make me choose between appeasing you, or following Christ, and I choose Christ. It is too bad if it offends you.
Who gave you the authority to call out that which you disapprove of ?. Why can you not follow the example of Jesus ?.
It is the stone throwers that are offended, not those who follow the example of Jesus.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

No doubt you'd have the same feeling about this:There is such a thing as righteous anger[indent]Psalm 5:5 The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. [b]You hate all who do wrong
It is telling they always reply by judging the poster, as if getting personal would somehow make the truth go away.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:37 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,528,038 times
Quote:
Jesus Christ wasn't mentioned in the Genesis story at all. And no, the verse about the woman's seed and the serpent's head wasn't a messianic prophecy about Jesus Christ. Even Augustine, who was one of the main culprits for the invention of the doctrine of 'original sin', didn't see it that way.

Christ also made no mention of gay and lesbian people or homosexuality. Homosexuality isn't mentioned at all in the Biblical texts. You are confusing heterosexual men using male rape of strangers to humiliate them, heterosexual men using other men like women, pagan temple prostitution, and heterosexual gentiles using ritual sex acts to worship pagan fertility gods, as 'homosexuality'. Stop blaming things heterosexual people did way back then on 21st century gay and lesbian people. It's getting old.

And what's with your obsession with sex anyway?

God makes it clear that those who
" know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."
God didn't say that there is a difference between the two "who do such" vs "those who approve".

Old 05-12-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Correct.

Do you always avoid answering direct questions by asking your own questions?
It's a teaching method that it used to encouraged people to reflect on their own thinking. The gospel stories show Jesus Christ using that method of teaching too. .

Ask yourself why you don't believe in the Hindu asuras or Buddhist Mara. It could be similar to the reasons that I don't believe in them either.... or your 'Satan'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity