Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 01:19 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,873,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Well explain what you mean by the whole truth. I think I have made it perfectly clear where I am coming from....... That Jesus Christ did not come condemning sinners, using the bible to point out sin in those who were sick, that he did not condemn that which he disapproved of and he said the wrath of God is upon unbelief(unbelief does not exist outside of you, so guess where the wrath of God remains).
I have explained myself clearly enough on this thread, and I have given examples of verses which demonstrate how Jesus wanted to explain BOTH parts of the truth, not only one part. That is what whole truth means. It means you do not omit the part which you find inconvenient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 01:26 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,463,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have explained myself clearly enough on this thread, and I have given examples of verses which demonstrate how Jesus wanted to explain BOTH parts of the truth, not only one part. That is what whole truth means. It means you do not omit the part which you find inconvenient.
No you haven't, you are being very evasive.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:23 PM

Like I said in post 199, there are two, or more parts to the full truth: There is a reason why Jesus added the second part of the sentence in John 3:36. Both parts are important. He didn't stop at half truths, but explained the WHOLE TRUTH. He spoke of mercy which He came to offer, but He also spoke about those who reject the mercy and choose to stay in the darkness.

Part 1: "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life,
Part 2: "Whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."

What is the difference below? Why is Jesus saying one thing to the woman, and the opposite to the blasphemers?

1. Neither do I condemn you: go, and sin no more (John 8:11)
2. Anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come (Matt 12:32)

Jesus knew their hearts. He knew the woman repented her sins, and he knew the pharisees did not, and would not. If you are a person who will speak in half truths, you will pick one scenario and never talk about the other.

If the same rule applied every time, then what would Jesus have told the Pharisees? He would have said "Neither do I condemn you: go, and sin no more". But He didn't say that, did He?

Old 05-13-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Like I said in post 199, there are two, or more parts to the full truth: There is a reason why Jesus added the second part of the sentence in John 3:36. Both parts are important. He didn't stop at half truths, but explained the WHOLE TRUTH. He spoke of mercy which He came to offer, but He also spoke about those who reject the mercy and choose to stay in the darkness.

Part 1: "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life,
Part 2: "Whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."

What is the difference below? Why is Jesus saying one thing to the woman, and the opposite to the blasphemers?

1. Neither do I condemn you: go, and sin no more (John 8:11)
2. Anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come (Matt 12:32)

Jesus knew their hearts. He knew the woman repented her sins, and he knew the pharisees did not, and would not. If you are a person who will speak in half truths, you will pick one scenario and never talk about the other.

If the same rule applied every time, then what would Jesus have told the Pharisees? He would have said "Neither do I condemn you: go, and sin no more". But He didn't say that, did He?
oh dear.

How many times do you need to be told the wrath of God is upon unbelief and if you are in in unbelief you cannot see Life(God). How did you survive the wrath of God when you were an unbeliever, and how do you survive as a Christian when you are in unbelief ?, because according to you the result of the wrath of being a recipient of the wrath of God is finding yourself in eternal hell. The wrath of God and unbelief of any shape and form go hand in hand.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
How many times do you need to be told .......
You have tried to sell it enough times. Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for trying to 'interprept' my words to everyone, but as always, you got it all wrong again .

Old 05-13-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
You have tried to sell it enough times. Thanks for stopping by, and thanks for trying to 'interprept' my words to everyone, but as always, you got it all wrong again .
Well hopefully this thread will make you think twice about speaking out against that which you disapprove of, instead of what you should be doing.......freely giving what you have freely received(and that was not the authority to condemn sin). I am not interested in your truth about sin . The truth is anointed......... With the Spirit of God all over it , to proclaim good news to the poor, to proclaim freedom for the prisoners, to recover the sight for the blind,to set the oppressed free, and to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor. Sounds nothing like your truth.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Well hopefully this thread will make you think twice about speaking out against that which you disapprove of.
I will keep speaking the truth, and I don't care if you and your "side-kicks" spin and twist every word of it.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:39 PM

Love covers a multitude of sins, the god cops want to expose it.

Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins [forgives and disregards the offenses of others].
This kind of love shown,works without words. The power of the love of God in our lives is immense, when we choose to abide in it.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:14 PM

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves....... ......Get away from me, you who practice evil. - The Chief God Cop, Jesus Christ.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves....... ......Get away from me, you who practice evil. - The Chief God Cop, Jesus Christ.
False prophets in sheeps clothing saying love covers a multitude of sin??????.Jesus Christ the love of God stood up for and covered those condemned by the god cops.

When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner.”

Jesus answered him, “Finn, I have something to tell you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity