Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 06:28 AM

76,966 posts, read 47,841,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
In Jesus' evaluation of the church at Thyatira He held it against them that they tolerated that which leads His bond-servants astray so that they commit acts of immorality. They should have spoke out against it.
Revelation 2:20 But I have this against you, that you tolerate the woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, and she teaches and leads My bond-servants astray so that they commit acts of immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols.
The apostle Paul rebuked the sins of the Corinthian church and told them that they should remove from their midst those Christians who repeatedly sinned and refused to repent. See 1 Corinthians chapter 5.
It is bad enough to say nothing in order to be politically correct and not offend anyone, but it is something else when people become hostile, and accuse those who speak the truth. Yes, Paul ordered that man removed from the church, and the man may well have been offended by it, but even so it was done for his own benefit, so he would realize his sin and turn back to God. I was also trying to make the same point in my post, when I said "telling the sinner that their lifestyle is not a problem will do nothing to help them find God".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 08:51 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,542,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is bad enough to say nothing in order to be politically correct and not offend anyone, but it is something else when people become hostile, and accuse those who speak the truth. Yes, Paul ordered that man removed from the church, and the man may well have been offended by it, but even so it was done for his own benefit, so he would realize his sin and turn back to God. I was also trying to make the same point in my post, when I said "telling the sinner that their lifestyle is not a problem will do nothing to help them find God".
Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family.
By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.

Here was a suggestion given to me about a verse: John 5:14
Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him,
“See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.”
Jesus confronted people with their sins, the Apostles confronted people of their sins,

What does the grace of God teach: Titus 2
You, however, must teach what is appropriate to sound doctrine.....
one of the things it teaches is
It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled,
upright and godly lives in this present age,...
while we wait for the blessed hope—the
appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, ....
ending with this command
These, then, are the things you should teach.
Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.

Last edited by twin.spin; 05-13-2013 at 09:07 AM..

Old 05-13-2013, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family.
By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.

Here was a suggestion given to me about a verse: John 5:14
Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him,
“See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you.”
Jesus confronted people with their sins, the Apostles confronted people of their sins,

What does the grace of God teach: Titus 2
You, however, must teach what is appropriate to sound doctrine.....
one of the things it teaches is
It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled,
upright and godly lives in this present age,...while we wait for the blessed hope—the
appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, ....
ending with this command
These, then, are the things you should teach.
Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.

Amen to the bolded part.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:11 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,542,599 times
Quote:
Amen to the bolded part.
I guess that makes us side kicks

Old 05-13-2013, 11:47 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,758,450 times
Default Go ye therefore and condemn all sinners

The rewritten gospel of Matthew by some on this thread would be, "Go ye into all the world, and condemn those that I have died for."

From post 453:
You may rebuke other Christians. You may not condemn anyone. God Himself claims that those who sin will be condemned. But you, O Christians choose to usurp God's throne and place the mantle of justice upon your own shoulders to condemn people that Christ died for. Nothing in the attitudes expressed here show any desire to bring the lost to Christ. Just condemnation of the "evilness" of those "horrible" people. So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.

God doesn't need anyone to condemn the lost. He reserves that unto Himself. If you are truly a Christian, He needs you to obey His instruction to love and forgive. Obedience is better than sacrifice, or erudite words, or long arguments that bring no one closer to Christ.

No matter how far you travel on the wrong road, it will never get you to the right destination.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I guess that makes us side kicks
I suppose all believers are side kicks in Christ

Old 05-13-2013, 12:46 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,437,718 times
Quote:
Show me where

I re-posted my post and it's simply not there. People can read for themselves. You just love to accuse people of something, and asked you to back it up, you can't do it, and you are too proud to admit you were wrong, let alone to apologize.

I, and everyone else, has the God given authority to speak the truth and quote the Bible. Not only am I authorized to spread the truth, I am commanded to spread it. You and your ridiculous accusations aren't going to silence me. Get used to it.

I have nothing else to say to you. You have been proven wrong and your accusations have been proven false.

I will repost it one more time.
Finn Jarber quit trying to make out that speaking the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth means nothing other than telling a sinner they are a sinner(the truth in your mind),and that you can use what you call the truth to show what sin is. None of this amounts to meaning truth. You do not have slightest idea what Truth is, God manifested in the flesh is THE Truth, Grace and Truth came by(was manifested)Jesus Christ. If you have seen me you have seen THE TRUTH for I AM THE TRUTH. If he is the truth tell me how can what you believe about sin be the truth ?. He taught us how to live by his example, not how rotten eternal hell deserving sinners we all are.

When you have found a scripture where Jesus used scripture to point out sin in the prostitutes,tax collectors,publicans and homosexuals, get back to me.

You have not been given the authority to speak out against sin from the kingdom of heaven, that authority came from the kingdom of hell. The followers of Christ as ambassadors of God have been given a message of reconciliation which is God is not counting your sin against you, so be reconciled, through repentance.
Repentance............... A radical change of attitude(thinking) towards anything you either dislike or want to change. Lives are changed by seeing the grace of God abounding towards them, not by some sin obsessed 100% bible believer telling us we are sinners,this is sin and that is sin.

Repent and believe in the good news and the gospel of peace and you will know the Truth.

Last edited by pcamps; 05-13-2013 at 01:03 PM..

Old 05-13-2013, 12:49 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,864,504 times
Quote:
That is simply not true. Everyone can read it for themselves. Your pride keeps you from admittig you are wrong.
My pride does not keep me from admitting that I am wrong. Pride has nothing to do with it- We are just frail human creatures who seek grace and mercy that we are not getting for some strange reason.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Finn Jarber quit trying to make out that speaking the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth means anything other than telling a sinner they are a sinner,and that you can use what you call the truth to show what sin is. None of this amounts truth. You do not have slightest idea what Truth is
There is no need for you to 'interprept' my words for other people, especially when you always twist them into meaning something else. People can read for themselves.

Why don't you talk about your own views as opposed to going on about mine?

Old 05-13-2013, 01:10 PM

37,348 posts, read 28,437,718 times
Quote:
There is no need for you to 'interprept' my words for other people, especially when you always twist them into meaning something else. People can read for themselves.

Why don't you talk about your own views as opposed to going on about mine?
Well explain what you mean by the whole truth. I think I have made it perfectly clear where I am coming from....... That Jesus Christ did not come condemning sinners, using the bible to point out sin in those who were sick, that he did not condemn that which he disapproved of and he said the wrath of God is upon unbelief(unbelief does not exist outside of you, so guess where the wrath of God remains).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity