Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2013, 09:13 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,419,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
It's liberalism often used tactic when there is no substance other than propaganda.
There will always be enmity between the seed of God and the seed of Satan.
So when you can't come with up any 'substance' you just try to shut down the discussion by throwing the words 'liberalism' and Satan around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 09:16 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I'm not offended. I actually find it rather sad.
I know you are not.It is very sad that supposedly followers of the teaching of Christ have nothing better to do than go after those who they disapprove of. The stone throwers on here have more face then the ones Jesus sent packing after they brought to him a woman caught in adultery. You see the big problem getting them to see their error, is in their minds because they believe in Jesus they think they are as white as snow,so they will never put their rocks down and walk away, at a comment like "he that is without sin, let him cast the first stone",it means nothing to them. They have also convinced themselves that they have the authority to call out and condemn sin.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times
If calling sin a sin equates to "not following the teachings of Jesus", then even Jesus and the apostles didn't follow His teachings.

I have a choice: I can call sin a sin, or I can lie, and say sin is not sin. It seems many here are willing to lie about it. There is more to it, - if you read through this thread, you will find over DOZENS of posts where believers are put on trial and accused of "unlove", "judgment" and "condemnation" for simply saying sin is sin, and THAT speaks volumes about the signs of the times.

Stay strong my brothers and sisters, the devil is working overtime today.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Your argument is that sexual immorality is not sinful, and whoever disagrees receives judgment from you. Yes, you demand agreement, and when you don't get it, you go after the poster and accuse them for being unloving, and you claim they are not following teachings of Jesus. You do it with practically every post.

You think you show love towards people by condoning their sins, and concealing the truth from them, but you have no idea you are only keeping them away from the light, and by doing so you are only doing the bidding of the devil.
No, I don't argue that sexual immorality is not 'sinful' or wrong.

We just have different views about what sexually immorality is. Or what the biblical texts say sexual immorality is.

I consider sexual abuse of children immoral.
I consider rape immoral - including men forcing their wives to have sex
I consider taking advantage of anyone sexually, immoral
I consider owning concubines or slaves for sex immoral
I consider forcing a rape victim to marry their rapist immoral
I consider old men marrying young pubescent girls immoral
I consider men marrying several young girls and treating them like property immoral
I consider kidnapping and raping young virgin girls after massacring their families immoral.
I consider engaging in unsafe sex and endangering others immoral

Several of the things I find sexually immoral above are not condemned as immoral in the Bible and are in fact condoned.

Basically, using sex in a way that harms others is immoral to me.

I don't 'demand' anyone agree with me. I ask that people come up with something solid to support their views instead of cherry picking, misinterpretation and misuse of scriptures to support bigotry, discrimination and harm towards others.

Jesus taught about love and empathy for others and treating others as you would treat yourself. He didn't say 'except gay and lesbian people or other people you don't approve of'.

If someone who calls themselves a Christian is not showing empathy for others, especially those who are different to them, how are they following the teachings of Christ?

If I say people are not following the teachings of Christ, it's because that's exactly what they are showing with their posts.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-12-2013 at 10:06 AM..

Old 05-12-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
If calling sin a sin equates to "not following the teachings of Jesus", then even Jesus and the apostles didn't follow His teachings.

I have a choice: I can call sin a sin, or I can lie, and say sin is not sin. It seems many here are willing to lie about it. There is more to it, - if you read through this thread, you will find over DOZENS of posts where believers are put on trial and accused of "unlove", "judgment" and "condemnation" for simply saying sin is sin, and THAT speaks volumes about the signs of the times.

Stay strong my brothers and sisters, the devil is working overtime today.
You seem to call 'sin' anything you personally don't approve of- even if it's not even mentioned in the biblical texts or the biblical texts contradict what you are claiming. Then when called out on the dishonesty, you plead victimhood?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:

Who gave you the authority to call out sin in those you disapprove of. Isn't Jesus' example of dealing with that which he disapproved of mean anything to you who are as white as snow ?.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You seem to call 'sin' anything you personally don't approve of- even if it's not even mentioned in the biblical texts or the biblical texts contradict what you are claiming. Then when called out on the dishonesty, you plead victimhood?
It has nothing to do with personal approval, and no, there are things which I do not approve of, like high corporate tax rates, but I do not call it sin.

LOL, so now those who call sin a sin are also accused of being dishonest. Thanks for proving my point. You always go back to attacking the poster, as opposed to the message.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:06 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
The perpetual corrector understands the importance of truth, but often miss’s the requirements of loving-kindness. Remaining in ignorance, they become hypocrites, condemning that which they do themselves. Men will promptly defend any thought, not at variance with their expectations, nor contrary to their own self-interests. Apparently, Christ Jesus was more concerned with humanity overall, then certain individuals. He was the only person there that day, who was free of sin; the only one who had the right to "cast the first stone." But He didn't stone her or the (her) accusers, should we not live by his example or do we remain like children throwing stones at one another in our own self-righteousness?

Old 05-12-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The perpetual corrector understands the importance of truth, but often miss’s the requirements of loving-kindness. Remaining in ignorance, they become hypocrites, condemning that which they do themselves. Men will promptly defend any thought, not at variance with their expectations, nor contrary to their own self-interests. Apparently, Christ Jesus was more concerned with humanity overall, then certain individuals. He was the only person there that day, who was free of sin; the only one who had the right to "cast the first stone." But He didn't stone her or the (her) accusers, should we not live by his example or do we remain like children throwing stones at one another in our own self-righteousness?
My guess is you will continue to throw stones, but you can always try to prove me wrong

Old 05-12-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
My guess is you will continue to throw stones, but you can always try to prove me wrong
No one is throwing stones at those that are white as snow with rocks in their hands,we are trying to get them to see the lesson of the one who is their example,that he did not condemn that which he disapproved of. He taught that we should gouge our own eyes out and cut our own limbs off, not those of them you disapprove of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity