Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 09:40 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john233 View Post
Unfortunately even Billy Graham has fallen from truth. Now he teaches that the blood of Christ covers all. All religions... Islam, Buddhism etc... He preaches that the love of Christ is wide and so is the road to heaven.

He is really close to the Vatican and the "one world religion"
Christianism desires a "One World Religion" if you think about it?

Old 02-26-2015, 10:35 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,985,065 times
I have heard Osteen messages and no he is no false preacher.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:41 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
Quote:
Unfortunately even Billy Graham has fallen from truth. Now he teaches that the blood of Christ covers all. All religions... Islam, Buddhism etc... He preaches that the love of Christ is wide and so is the road to heaven.
I don't believe he teaches about a one world religion.

Old 02-27-2015, 07:52 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:

Dead wrong: Jesus on the cross dead wrong. Jesus is Crucified again and again by literal interprations. The one thing he stood against. Billy gram understands the "blood of Christ".

Answer me this:
Is love, compassion and understanding worldwide concepts or your religion only concepts?
it aint that hard. it aint rocket science.

let's see, back to joel: hmmmm. Offer people help until they are able to help themselves?
Na, joel's ok. and god's got nothing to do with it for me. Ima atheists. But he is trying to help, so I am with him more than agin him.

nobody is perfect, least of all me. So the first stone I'm trowing is at the mirror.
the second is at "literal bible only people".

the stone I choose? Un like davids, Mine is one made of the minerals: "reason", "teaching", love, compassion, understanding, and the freedom to choose for yourself. i guess its a bust of the jesus.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:33 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I have already produced the Scriptures which show the possibility and the reality of the carnal Christian. Since nothing I have said, or might further say will change your opinion, we are just going to have to disagree.
Mike -
I am convinced that the seeds that were Immediately taken away by Satan, along with those which fell on rocks, and those that were choked out by thorns and weeds - none of them brought forth any fruits of righteousness. According to Luke:8[13] They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
Note that "For a while, they believed, but in time of temptation fall away," and they brought forth no fruits. It seems quite clear that only those seeds which fell on good ground brought forth fruits of righteousness and went into eternal life.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:50 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Mike -
I am convinced that the seeds that were Immediately taken away by Satan, along with those which fell on rocks, and those that were choked out by thorns and weeds - none of them brought forth any fruits of righteousness. According to Luke:8[13] They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
Note that "For a while, they believed, but in time of temptation fall away," and they brought forth no fruits. It seems quite clear that only those seeds which fell on good ground brought forth fruits of righteousness and went into eternal life.
You are misinterpreting what Jesus was saying. You assume that one must bear fruit to have eternal life which is simply not the case. Eternal life is a free gift as stated in Ephesians 2:8,9 and Rev. 22:17. It is not a reward which is earned by producing fruit.

In the parable of the seed in Luke 8:5-15 only the first group [v5, 12] are not saved. The other groups mentioned are saved but they let temptation and the cares of this world interfere with their spiritual life. Falling away does not imply loss of eternal salvation.

Again, we are going to have to disagree.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:23 PM

335 posts, read 219,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
The one world religion already exists honestly. The devil is just bringing them all back into unity as people have been tricked into thinking they are seperate. You guys should look up what the religion of the Chaldeans was (the Babylonian wise men).
Maybe once you see the beliefs of their religion, you will make some right connections.

The key words for the religion are
"illumination" (a person becoming a god among mortals, through birthright, and/or ceremony, and/or meditation),
"dualism" (equal opposing forces in the world),
"signs of heaven" (astrology),
"Societal and economic salvation" (that forced morals and forced charity saves nations)
"right of governance" (only those who are members of the enlightenment have the right to rule), - this is also known as "exclusive physical salvation",
and "universal spiritual salvation" (a select few of excessive evil will be destroyed entirely, but the rest are saved through penance in life, or in death).
Also, look into Saturn worship. The hexagram and black cube. The Masons with their square and compass. The star and crescent.... Its all the same thing under different names, with a different twist on the same core beliefs.

Who follows the religion of the Babylonians?
Basically every religion. Following Christ alone breaks the mold. (true Christianity at least, because there are many perversions of it which draw it back to Babylon)

You want specifics of who follows? Judaism, Islam, Catholicism and Orthodoxy, Buddhism, Hinduism, Masons, even Protestantism and modern Christianity are highly influenced in their practices of "church" (not to say there aren't followers of Christ in Protestantism and even Catholicism, there are. But not everyone is a follower of Christ)....

Basically, any religion that has a focus on laity as being seperate from preisthood and ministry,
is based on Zoroastrianism, which is the name of the religion of Babylon.

They turn to their popes, their priests, their rabbis, their gurus, their imams, their ayatollahs, their brahmans, their sangha, their watchtower, their wards... etc, to interpret spiritual things for them.

We have been given the Spirit of Christ, and have been called unto priesthood, not laity.

Babylon is bigger than you guys think. And it is far more dangerous than any one of her daughters on their own.
She will soon come out of the wilderness, united on the back of a ten nation beast. Christians who reject the antichrist system will be beheaded

Last edited by john233; 02-27-2015 at 01:53 PM..

Old 02-27-2015, 01:08 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post

He is an ear tickler for $--- not a single tv preacher ever taught truth.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:35 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,940 times
Quote:
You are misinterpreting what Jesus was saying. You assume that one must bear fruit to have eternal life which is simply not the case. Eternal life is a free gift as stated in Ephesians 2:8,9 and Rev. 22:17. It is not a reward which is earned by producing fruit.

In the parable of the seed in Luke 8:5-15 only the first group [v5, 12] are not saved. The other groups mentioned are saved but they let temptation and the cares of this world interfere with their spiritual life. Falling away does not imply loss of eternal salvation.

Mike - You are absolutely right that salvation is a gift and we cannot buy salvation by our good works. In the Old Testament we learn that all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags to the Lord.
But look at the words of Jesus in Luke 17:[8] And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? [9] Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. [10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

We MUST have the Holy Spirit to do any good works. And we MUST have a desire to do God's will if we are to enter the kingdom of heaven. See Matt.7:21 Not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but He that DOETH the will of my Father which is in the kingdom of heaven

Only the works which are done in and through us by the Holy Spirit are the ones that are accepted by God, and we have nothing of which we can boast.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:01 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Mike - You are absolutely right that salvation is a gift and we cannot buy salvation by our good works. In the Old Testament we learn that all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags to the Lord.
But look at the words of Jesus in Luke 17:[8] And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? [9] Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. [10] So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

We MUST have the Holy Spirit to do any good works. And we MUST have a desire to do God's will if we are to enter the kingdom of heaven. See Matt.7:21 Not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but He that DOETH the will of my Father which is in the kingdom of heaven

Only the works which are done in and through us by the Holy Spirit are the ones that are accepted by God, and we have nothing of which we can boast.
On the one hand you say that I am right that we cannot buy salvation with our good works which is correct. We can't. But then you refer to Matthew 7:21 and say that we must have a desire to do God's will if we are to enter the kingdom of heaven by which I assume you are referring to eternal life.

God's will for the unbeliever is to simply believe the gospel of salvation by which he is eternally saved the moment he believes it.
John 6:40 "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."
John 6:40 by the way is an affirmation of the believers eternal security.

God's will for the believer is to grow spiritually to maturity.
2 Peter 3:18 but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.
But that is a process of experiential sanctification and has nothing to do with eternal life which the believer already has.

So to whom was Jesus referring in Matthew 7:21? He was referring to those who in verse 22 were claiming to have prophesied, cast out demons and perfomed many miracles all in the name of Jesus.
Matthew 7:22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23] And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
Jesus called their claimed works of prophecies, casting out demons, and miracles works of lawlessness. There are a couple of options then, both of which cannot be correct.

1.) These are unbelievers who were performing these things, either faking them, or producing counterfeit miracles under the power of Satan. They had never entered into a saving relationship with Christ by trusting in Him and His finished redemptive work on the cross and failed therefore to do the Father's will by believing in Him, with the result that they are being commanded to depart from Christ and into the lake of fire.

Or

2.) Jesus is referring to believers who though eternally saved, were consistently out of fellowship but are claiming to have performed the above mentioned things, and they are therefore being told at the judgment seat of Christ which is for believers and for the purpose of evaluating the believers works for the purpose of eternal rewards, to depart from Christ at the judgment seat in which case they are therefore shrinking in shame at the judgment seat (1 John 2:28).

But what Jesus absolutely was not saying was that believers can lose their salvation and go into the lake of fire. Eternal life which is a free gift is given at the moment of faith alone in Christ alone and cannot be lost for any reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity