Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 12:05 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,704,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Your comment is trying to justify one sin because of another. There are many different reasons women have abortions. There are also many different reasons mothers kill their children. They are not all related so your point in basically moot.

Also, sin is sin. There are no varying degrees of it. The scriptures say that one sin is enough to break the bond between God and people. One sin. Whether it's a child taking a cookie after her mother said no or a woman having an abortion, sin is sin to God.

As far as having "no right to tell women what to do with their bodies," this isn't wholly true either. People are detained for being a danger to themselves. For suicidal thoughts. For refusing medical attention nowadays. Most abortions are NOT due to rape. So, for a woman to expect to do with her body as she pleases and not expect to eliminate all consequences is arrogant and sinful against God and nature. Many women have abortions while the fathers desperately plea for them not to. She did NOT create that baby by herself and could NEVER do it without a man. So, for the woman to hold all the cards in the abortion decision because "it's my body" is wrong and prideful. She gave her body over to the pleasure and takes it back after the pleasure has it's repercussions?

For the record, this is one of MANY reasons why God created and defined marriage to be between one man and one woman, joined in HOLY matrimony, with vows made to each other, before Him. This is also why God hates divorce. Marriage and family, done God's way, NEVER leads to divorce or abortion. But, then again, it doesn't lead to sin of any kind.
Amen....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 02:49 PM

796 posts, read 859,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesKat View Post
'

I'm no fan of abortion although I believe we have no right to tell women what to do with their bodies. At age 70 I am yet to meet the first woman who was tormented because she aborted an unwanted fetus. Do you feel it's better to force her to have the unwanted child? You are aware I hope of the number of children killed in America each year because the mother never wanted them and can't cope with them, can't afford them etc. Children are not always a blessing to a woman. And all children born should be wanted and loved. So abortion is no exploitation of women. Forcing them to bear an unwanted child is exploiting them.
I agree that we don't have the right to tell a woman what to do with 'THEIR' bodies but as a people we do have the right to call murder what it is and we have allowed murder to take place and not stopped it at all cost as we should.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:39 AM

717 posts, read 648,640 times
Abortion is legal thus it is not murder which is defined as the illegal taking of human life.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
Abortion is legal thus it is not murder which is defined as the illegal taking of human life.
Man's laws do not override God's laws. Abortion is Murder. Murder is the taking of innocent life. Many sin's are legal but remain a sin.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:10 AM

717 posts, read 648,640 times
Nowhere in the Bible is abortion declared a sin.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Murder is one of the top 10 on God's list. Also there is a punishment given for someone who causes a woman to loose her unborn child. Perhaps you should read the bible before you make such claims.

Exodus 21:22-23 (KJV) reads as follows: "If men strive, and hurt a
woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief
follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband
will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any
mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life."

Old 07-18-2013, 02:22 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,653,835 times
Quote:
There are numerous teachings in the Bible that make it abundantly clear what God’s view of abortion is. Jeremiah 1:5 says that God knows us before He forms us in the womb. Psalm 139:13-16 speaks of God’s active role in our creation and formation in the womb. Exodus 21:22-25 gives the same penalty (death) for someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb as for someone who commits murder. This clearly indicates that God considers a baby in the womb to be as human as a full-grown adult. For the Christian, abortion is not a matter of a woman’s right to choose. It is a matter of the life or death of a human being made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6).

Old 07-18-2013, 02:33 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,590,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
1 abortion every 26 seconds. How can you say killing a child every 26 seconds is good?
I am not a fan of abortion but don't believe it is my right to tell another person what to do with their body.

There is a major error in your statement; aborting a fetus/zygote is not killing a child. It is a clump of cells. If the fetus can survive on its own, and does, and is killed - I would agree that could be murder/manslaughter. If the clump of cells is just that, then sorry - not murder.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,936,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
There are numerous teachings in the Bible that make it abundantly clear what God’s view of abortion is. Jeremiah 1:5 says that God knows us before He forms us in the womb. Psalm 139:13-16 speaks of God’s active role in our creation and formation in the womb. Exodus 21:22-25 gives the same penalty (death) for someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb as for someone who commits murder. This clearly indicates that God considers a baby in the womb to be as human as a full-grown adult. For the Christian, abortion is not a matter of a woman’s right to choose. It is a matter of the life or death of a human being made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6).
You are overreaching. The Exodus reference is not about harm to the fetus, but about harm to the woman. Check out commentaries and the historic position of Jewish peoples regarding abortion and this passage.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:06 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,653,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I am not a fan of abortion but don't believe it is my right to tell another person what to do with their body.

There is a major error in your statement; aborting a fetus/zygote is not killing a child. It is a clump of cells. If the fetus can survive on its own, and does, and is killed - I would agree that could be murder/manslaughter. If the clump of cells is just that, then sorry - not murder.
Then I doubt you are a "rev" at all. At least not a bible believing one. Scripture talks about how God forms us in our mother's womb and that He knew everything about us even BEFORE that. In that light, scripturally, life begins even BEFORE conception. At least that's how God sees it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity