Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 07:52 PM

10,058 posts, read 4,986,623 times

Advertisements

The wicked heavens [ Ephesians 2 vs 1-3 ] the spiritually harmful polluted ' air' [ literal and moral ] are wicked heavens over mankind.

The earth and heavens of 2nd Peter 3 v 5 are the heavens and earth of OLD [ Noah's day ]

The earth and heavens of 2nd Peter 3 v 7 are the heavens and earth of NOW [ our time frame ]

The earth and heavens of 2nd Peter 3 v 13 ] are the heavens and earth which are NEW [ Jesus' millennial time frame ]
Jesus NEW 'heavenly' rule over a righteous new earth [people] or earthly society after the wicked are gone. - Psalm 92 v 7

No destruction of earth and God's home in Noah's day.
No destruction of earth and God's home in our day.
No destruction of earth and God's home in the future.
As in Noah's day and Sodom and Gomorrah the wicked will be gone .- Proverbs 2 vs 21,22; 10 v 30; 21 v 18
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus doesn't have a disclaimer to "My kingdom is not of this world"
There is no 1000 year physical reign on earth of Jesus
The gathering "rapture" of believers will happen at the "loud trumpet call"
There is no double "second comings" of Jesus with a 1000 year gap for a second chance
I don't understand what you mean by Jesus doesn't have a disclaimer, please explain.

At John 18 v 36 Jesus says that his [my] kingdom is not part of this world......

The kingdom is heavenly. Jesus is in heaven.
We pray Not for heaven to come but for God's kingdom to come.
God's will be done here on earth as it [ God's will ] is done in heaven.
No war, crime, violence, sickness, death in heaven, so we are praying for those same good heavenly conditions to be here. Why pray God's will be done here on earth if it would never be done here on earth ?

Scripture is Not talking about a physical reign but heavenly. Aren't those of Revelation 20 v 6; 5 vs 9,10 in heaven ?

The LOUD TRUMPET CALL is in connection to resurrection not rapture.
'Flesh' [ physical ] according to 1st Cor. 15 v 50 can Not inherit the kingdom.
The 'firstfruits' [ 1st Cor. 15 vs 20-23 ] are resurrected [not raptured ] firstfruits.
Jesus was never raptured but after his resurrection in a spirit body Jesus ascended to the heavens.
Just as a sown seed does not become a plant without giving up its seed body [ 1st Cor. 15 vs 42-45 ]
A person does not 'go to heaven' in a physical body but gives up the fleshly for a spirit body.
1st Thess. 4 vs 13-17 is in connection to Jesus' 'brothers' asleep in death. [Matthew 25 v 40 ]
The LOUD TRUMPET CALL awakens them out of death to be part of the first [firstfruits] or earlier resurrection of Rev. 20 v 6.

Who is talking about 'second chances ' ?
The 'goats' of Matthew 25 vs 31,32 are Not given a 'second chance' because they will Not be part of the millennium.
Anyone who commits the unforgivable sin will Not be part of Jesus' 1000-year reign over earth.
-Matthew 12 v 32; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6
The people of John 3 v 13 never even had a 'first chance', so to speak, because they never had an opportunity to put faith in Jesus. Even the one singular nation of ancient Israel was not reigning over all of earth's nations. The Constitution of the Mosaic law was only for one nation, that did not mean no salvation [ chance ] for the other nations.
The majority of mankind will be resurrected on earth to have a 'first chance'.
During Jesus heavenly reign over earth kingdom blessings will shower down benefits to earth such as Revelation 22 v 2 says there will be healing or curing of earth's nations in fulfillment to God's promise to Abraham at Genesis 22 v 18 that all nations of earth will be blessed. Did you notice for earth's population a return of the Genesis 'tree of life' at Rev. 22 v 2 ?

Old 07-24-2013, 08:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,401,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
psycho-babble
For God has not given us a Spirit of fear, but one of power, of love; and that of a sound mind.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:32 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,930,384 times
Default Tain't goin' tah happen, not now, not ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
This is something I have started thinking about in recent time. I wonder if, when Jesus returns, if there will be sudden believers and will they be raptured? The bible says every eye will see Jesus when He returns. This indicates that there could be some amount of time delay to the rapture when Jesus returns, but no more that a short while. (a few minutes to an hour maybe?) Will God allow this to happen? Is it saving faith to believe in Jesus after seeing Him?
If Jesus really did, in fact, visibly return for all of us who have been quite politely and simply asking for some verifiable evidence of his actual existence, then yes, I'd have what I've been asking for all along.

However, I'd still then want to ask him a few pointed questions, such as why he did, or did not, accomplish certain things during his supposed time here on earth. Why he or "dad" let so many atrocities {particularly against children and mothers...} go unchecked, and why the good always seem to die young, but absolutely moronic and demonstrably evil people get to keep on going. Often with perks.

(Of course I know why; there being, in fact, no God or Christ, it's simply that those types of people learn early in their lives to take advantage of people. They learn all their most contentious behaviors before anyone stops them!)

Hmmm. Hardly a Godly Powers demonstration of the objective disciplinary and corrective actions of a rational deity, would you not agree, romans?

Old 07-24-2013, 09:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,509,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I don't understand what you mean by Jesus doesn't have a disclaimer, please explain.?
"My kingdom is not of this world" is exactly what Jesus means... there will be no millennial earthly rule.

Why? "My kingdom is not of this world"

Old 07-27-2013, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
"My kingdom is not of this world" is exactly what Jesus means... there will be no millennial earthly rule.
Why? "My kingdom is not of this world"
Not of this world of badness [ see: 2nd Cor. 4 v 4 ; 1st John 5 v 19 ], but of the righteous new world - 2nd Peter 3 v 13

What is the thousand years for of Revelation chapter 20 if not Earth ?
What did God promise Abraham at Genesis 12 v 3; 22 v 18 ?
What is the point of the return of the ' tree of life ' on Earth at Rev. 22 v 2 ?

Why keep on praying for God's kingdom to come [ thy kingdom come ] if it will never come ? [ Daniel 2 v 44 ]

We don't pray 'take me up to the kingdom' nor pray 'take me away to the kingdom' but for the kingdom to come.
Come where? [ Daniel 2 v 44 ] Since we pray that God's will [ His purpose ] be done here on Earth AS IT IS IN HEAVEN, then we are praying for the same good conditions that exist in heaven to also exist here on earth.
No one goes to heaven to be sick in heaven, nor goes to heaven to die in heaven, so we are praying for an end of sickness and death on Earth. As Isaiah wrote [ 33 v 24 ] that the time would come when No one would say, "I am sick".
Revelation 21 vs 4, 5 mentions that 'death' will be no more. Our last enemy 'death' will be brought to nothing.- 1st Cor. 15 vs 26,24. 'Death' will be swallowed up forever.- Isaiah 25 v 8.

So, true, that God's kingdom is not part of this world [ of badness ] but that does not mean God's kingdom is not a real government which is the solution to mankind's problems.- Daniel 7 vs 13, 14, 18, 27

Old 07-27-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
However, I'd still then want to ask him a few pointed questions, such as why he did, or did not, accomplish certain things during his supposed time here on earth. Why he or "dad" let so many atrocities {particularly against children and mothers...} go unchecked, and why the good always seem to die young, but absolutely moronic and demonstrably evil people get to keep on going. Often with perks.
Your not alone in your thinking about perks above. The man Asaph of Psalm 73 was also thinking along your line of thought, but found out the wicked are on slippery ground in verse 18.

How would you react if you heard of a powerful government that immediately executed anyone who challenged its authority? Such an action could alienate fair-minded people.

Jesus, as Messiah, could have more or less appeared on earth at most any time. Coming in the first century was to establish the Christian congregation. In order to do that and have Christianity spread rapidly Jesus performed many powerful works in public for all to see. What Jesus was showing was a small-scale sample of what he will be doing later on on a LARGE or GRAND scale during his future messianic 1000-year reign over earth.
Jesus' coming was to also reconcile mankind [ us ] to God.- 2nd Cor. 5 vs 18-21

In the meantime, since Adam and Eve had descendants [ us ] time has allowed for us to be born and think who we would want as Sovereign over us. Time to prove Satan a liar that we would not under adverse conditions worship God [ Job 2 vs 4,5 Touch our 'flesh' [ loose health ] and we would abandon God ] Both Job and Jesus proved Satan a liar and so can we. Time has proven that Adam's choice of disobeying God has proved harmful for earth's inhabitants. Isn't it people choosing to ignore God's Golden Rule that has led to atrocities ?

We are nearing the 'time of separation' of Matthew [ 25 vs 31,32 ] when those who bring ruin to earth will be ruined [ Rev. 11 v 18 B ] Take a peak at Jeremiah 25 vs 31-33; Isaiah 11 vs 3,4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity