Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 04:37 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
No pcamps .... you're the one who has convinced yourself that it has not.

Jesus said:
"And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

" Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ "

" Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."

"There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day."

And Jesus said:
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who
practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of
burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

and God said:
"for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever."

You keep quoting scriptures about hell. Yet not one of them states that Jesus Christ came to save us from eternal hell or simply states that he saves us from eternal hell.

Here is what the scripture clearly states about why Jesus Christ came and what we are saved from.

to you first, God, having raised up His child Jesus, did send him, blessing you, in the turning away of each one from your evil ways.'

Even this scripture is not saying what you literalists and inerrantists believe it is saying. You'll never understand an eastern book with the mind set of a westerner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 04:52 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You keep quoting scriptures about hell. Yet not one of them states that Jesus Christ came to save us from eternal hell or simply states that he saves us from eternal hell.

Here is what the scripture clearly states about why Jesus Christ came and what we are saved from.

to you first, God, having raised up His child Jesus, did send him, blessing you, in the turning away of each one from your evil ways.'

Even this scripture is not saying what you literalists and inerrantists believe it is saying. You'll never understand an eastern book with the mind set of a westerner.
And I shall keep on quoting what God said ... if that then is a message of condemnation against those who are wantonly accusing Jesus\God of vile doctrine, then so be it.

Jesus said (using the mind of Christ):
"And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

" Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ "

" Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them."

"There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day."

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who
practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of

and God said:
"for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever."

Old 07-30-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
And I shall keep on quoting what God said ... if that then is a message of condemnation against those who are wantonly accusing Jesus\God of vile doctrine, then so be it.

and God said:
Sadly you cannot get your affection to be set on anything other than what your conscience continually convicts you off. Carry on breathing threats.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:00 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,515,816 times
Quote:
Sadly you cannot get your affection to be set on anything other than what your conscience continually convicts you off. Carry on breathing threats.

and God said:

Old 07-30-2013, 06:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,416,756 times
Idolatry comes in many forms, I do hope you get some rest.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:03 PM

796 posts, read 860,129 times
Quote:

and God said:
That is exactly what Jesus said. Now how can anyone claim to "have the mind of Christ" and call Him a liar at the same time?

Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 PM

794 posts, read 848,028 times
Quote:

Jesus did not come to make bad people good. He came to make dead people live.

Old 07-30-2013, 11:45 PM

987 posts, read 1,120,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
hi 5 Pcamps. Well said

Old 07-31-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Well at least you are not saying he came to save us from eternal hell, which cannot be found through the whole of scripture.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:36 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,379,434 times
Quote:

and God said:
Yes, Jesus spoke with the mind of Christ. But you don't have that same mind (and neither do I). Because Jesus (who is the Word that the worlds were formed by) can say what He sees directly from the Father, and He gets the message. But us human beings generally don't get it.

So just because Jesus talks about a "lake of fire" doesn't mean that you or I are capable of understanding what He is referring to.

And it is THIS point that many Christians just don't understand. They can't even understand basic algebra or astrophysics, but they somehow understand what "lake of fire" and "mark of the beast" and "the image of the beast" are!

THIS is why many people don't even give the time of day to fundamentalists. Because the fundies can't even answer basic questions about life, but think they understand symbols and mysteries of scripture (sometimes just the day after they've been saved!). And they lose all credibility.

blessings.
brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity