Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 03:42 PM

796 posts, read 858,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
So what is the Hebrew and Greek words used in the bible that mean homosexual?
Do you speak Greek or Hebrew? Of course not that's why you ask so you would not know what it meant anyway. Read it in English. It's plain enough.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:43 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
You should repent, turning away from your sin and serve God!
You first.

Matthew 7

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Old 08-28-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaC View Post
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination. ( Leviticus 18:22)

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. ( Leviticus 20:13)

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. 1 Corinthians 6:9-11

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Romans 1:26-28
Now that is Gods view. Homosexuality is a sin. Plain and simple. Only sinners do it and only sinners condone it. End of story. I love letting God have the final say on things.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
When you do it on a "Christian" message board and suggest that all of us fundies are ignorant, bigoted buffoons because we actually believe the Bible, well.....yah---we tend to "FLOCK" to it.

Don't want to have us tell you having sex with someone of the same gender is wrong? Don't go and post about it on a "Christian" message board.

You're arguing a false dichotomoy. Most religious folk do a considerable amount to help the poor.

Go start a thread telling us that it's ok to treat poor people bad and we'll be all over it, too.
It's called trolling .
I thought that was against the TOS.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Yes. They were, in the context. Do you understand why?
Oh and of course the God rejecting sinner knows so much more about what God say's than those who follow God.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:49 PM

452 posts, read 709,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Neither of which say what you just quoted in Hebrew, and how conveniently you people ignore context. Those are ritual laws for the Levite priesthood to avoid practicing the pagan worship and child sacrifice rituals of the Canaanites before the god Molech.

Homosexual does not exist in that verse. It was added by Conservatives in the 1940s and is a known corruption since it has never referred to that in all of history.

Again removed from context, and even Saint Augustine claimed this was referring to heterosexuals.

You do realize cherry picking random anti-gay clobber passages out of context in the wrong language and acting like you somehow are clever proves nothing right? You seem to think none of us have ever heard those verses before.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4: 3-4

Old 08-28-2013, 03:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:

Don't want to have us tell you having sex with someone of the same gender is wrong?

We anxiously await your posts urging people to feed the hungry and serve the poor. Jesus is too. More Jesus. Less "Gays are sinners!" (Telling someone gays are sinners does nothing for the child going to bed with an empty belly. Jesus fed people. He healed people. The fundamentalists choose to rant about sex. Go figure.)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-28-2013 at 03:59 PM..

Old 08-28-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeannaC View Post
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4: 3-4
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Isaiah 5:20

Old 08-28-2013, 03:53 PM

452 posts, read 709,694 times
The question was where was the Biblical reference. (btw, I use the 1611 KJV, so forget about it being "added" in the 40's)

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Jude 1:7

And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly; 2 Peter 2:6

Old 08-28-2013, 03:54 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The Hebrew Bible does forbid it.
The bible forbids a lot of things that Christians conveniently ignore while at the same time using it to condemn a segment of society that they abhor....Sounds a lot like bigotry to me.

What say you to these passages?

Exodus 31:13-15
Six days my work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 11:9-12
These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Leviticus 20:10
And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 24:16
He that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him.

Exodus 21:15 He that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
Exodus 21:17 He that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
Leviticus 20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24
If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

Deuteronomy 22:13-22
If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate.... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the ***** in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.