Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:25 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,058,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin View Post
Well, I gotta tell you. If you don't see it, you've never read the Bible. And whatever you "studied out", it wasn't the Bible. Believing it is another discussion, but it's pretty much undeniably there. What you're saying is like saying there's nothing about the Civil War in "Gone With The Wind".

Actually, probably read it more than you, including in the original language it was birthed from. But what you *think* it means and what it means, are two different things, in the light of comparing precept to precept, instead of basing a doctrine on one line. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 08:40 PM

23,213 posts, read 10,508,445 times
Quote:
Well, I gotta tell you. If you don't see it, you've never read the Bible. And whatever you "studied out", it wasn't the Bible. Believing it is another discussion, but it's pretty much undeniably there. What you're saying is like saying there's nothing about the Civil War in "Gone With The Wind".
Tell us what scriptures you are referring to in a rapture because two men in a bed, one taken is certainly not a rapture.

Paul stating,'' THOSE OF US LEFT BEHIND.''

Left after what?

''THOSE OF US WHO REMAIN.''

He is referring to the same thing Zechariah refers to, and Zechariah insinuates that if you are not already keeping the feast of Tabernacles, you just might have your eyes melted in your head before you hit the ground because fire will test every man.

People are teaching a rapture that supposedly takes all the Christians out of this world to escape a judgment, and there is no such thing as this. People are not suddenly going to go missing while the world wonders where they went and this is why the world will laugh saying,'' Go on up ye bald head,'' because they will not yet realize the righteous are left behind, and in those days a curse will go out and nature will kill whoever it is to kill.

The first thing that happens is the Bema Judgment and it will lay a third of the earth dead and takes years to clean.

The people who die are not sinners, they are Christians, and even then no rapture has taken place.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:49 PM

33,331 posts, read 26,541,517 times
This is a fairly old thread, and I'm fairly certain I've already stated the following, but, and for all the good it will do with regard to the rapture deniers, the rapture of the Church is plainly stated in 1 Thessalonian 4:17 and will take place simultaneously with the resurrection of Church-age believers.
1 Thess. 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

The phrase 'caught up' is the rapture. The Greek word translated as 'caught up' is ἁρπάζω - harpazo. It is translated into Latin as rapiemur from which we get the English word 'rapture' but which is usually translated as 'caught up.'

There are differing views regarding the placement of the rapture relative to the Tribulation (I hold to the pre-Tribulational view), but to deny that there will be any rapture at all is simply not justified.

That the raptured church is in heaven during the Tribulation is seen in Revelation 19:7-8 where the church is referred to as the bride who has been made ready for the marriage of the Lamb. The bride is made ready by having gone through the judgment seat of Christ which is for the purpose of evaluating the Church-age believer for eternal rewards.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:52 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,058,441 times
Yep. It's a doctrine with roots of fear and selfishness because no thought is given for those supposedly left behind as long as they get "raptured". And they forget that in the days of Noah, only the wicked left the earth; the righteous were just raised up above the judgment to the flesh. Peace

Old 07-22-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
1 Thess. 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain

What has just happened that has left only the righteous standing on the Earth?

He is talking about Zechariah 14.

The feast of Tabernacles where everyone who has fought against Jerusalem and Judah will be sorry they did.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:57 PM

2,673 posts, read 2,242,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Actually, probably read it more than you, including in the original language it was birthed from. But what you *think* it means and what it means, are two different things, in the light of comparing precept to precept, instead of basing a doctrine on one line. Peace

I'm bettin' you haven't ever read it in your life. I've read it more than once, but once was enough. And the additional 250 plus times I've read it, I haven't come to any different conclusions. And I'm a non-denominational, non-church going Christian who reads the Bible on his own.

I think you've either never read the Bible, or your reading it through a denominational filter, or you have extremely bad reading comprehension.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Yep. It's a doctrine with roots of fear and selfishness because no thought is given for those supposedly left behind as long as they get "raptured". And they forget that in the days of Noah, only the wicked left the earth; the righteous were just raised up above the judgment to the flesh. Peace
It has nothing to do with either fear or selfishness. It has everything to do with what the Bible has to say about it.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
It has nothing to do with either fear or selfishness. It has everything to do with what the Bible has to say about it.

Yeah, its what we have always been taught, its what I always believed for 30 years or so until I learned the feast days.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
What has just happened that has left only the righteous standing on the Earth?

He is talking about Zechariah 14.

The feast of Tabernacles where everyone who has fought against Jerusalem and Judah will be sorry they did.
No mention of the rapture appears in the Old Testament because no mention of the Church is made in the Old Testament. And the rapture is what terminates the dispensation of the Church and must take place before the Tribulation can begin.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I'm bettin' you haven't ever read it in your life. I've read it more than once, but once was enough. And the additional 250 plus times I've read it, I haven't come to any different conclusions. And I'm a non-denominational, non-church going Christian who reads the Bible on his own.

I think you've either never read the Bible, or your reading it through a denominational filter, or you have extremely bad reading comprehension.

WHY?

What scriptures in the bible talk about what you believe Led, don't make me break out the rain song on you.

It's just a little rain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity