Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 12:22 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,612,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
We live under Grace. Your quotes are to the Jews (Hebrews) living under the law.
And were any saved by observing the law? No, not a single one. That is why Paul refers to the law as a "Curse". The law only illustrates just how sinful we really are. How do you suppose the Saints of God in the old testament were saved? By what method did God overlook their sin and have them become his children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 02:10 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,050,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Do you believe you can live sin free

No. Only Jesus did that. In this world, especially the way it is today, that would be extremely, and I mean extremely, difficult. I want to say impossible. One can only strive daily. Pray for strength and guidance. Live in the spirit, not in the flesh. I know it sounds like a lot of drivel to the non-believers but I direct this to the op. The answer from me is "no'. Not in this life.
I disagree. I believe that with Christ in you there is no sin that He can't put down in your own flesh. He said to be Perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect. Those words couldn't have been spoken in vain. Being sinfree to me is not the same as not ever having a sin again. It means that the sin is not held against you. God said if we confess our sins He will forgive them. If the Sin becomes forgiven then you no longer have it. Confessing is much more than saying I'm sorry, it is acting in sorrow for sinning by repenting of the sinful event.

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:22 PM

14,976 posts, read 9,893,506 times
Then why the Lord's prayer? I do agree our sins are cast into the sea... but ain't no one without sin, all fail.

1John 8:7-9

Old 12-14-2013, 04:36 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,050,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Then why the Lord's prayer? I do agree our sins are cast into the sea... but ain't no one without sin, all fail.

1John 8:7-9
That's not true. There have been those without sin. Let's consider what is meant in the verses:

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

In verse 8 we read that it says that is we have no sin we deceive ourselves. That is because WE do have sin. As the children of ADAM, we have sin. But notice verse if we confess our sins, does that mean our sins remain? -no! Furthermore it says to cleanse us from ALL unrightouesness (which is sin). So it means if we say that WE (us as Adam's children) should say that we don't have sin then we are liars. We die as a result of the condemanation put upon Adam. That sentence has already been laid down.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
That's not true. There have been those without sin. Let's consider what is meant in the verses:

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

In verse 8 we read that it says that is we have no sin we deceive ourselves. That is because WE do have sin. As the children of ADAM, we have sin. But notice verse if we confess our sins, does that mean our sins remain? -no! Furthermore it says to cleanse us from ALL unrightouesness (which is sin). So it means if we say that WE (us as Adam's children) should say that we don't have sin then we are liars. We die as a result of the condemanation put upon Adam. That sentence has already been laid down.
I agree our sins are cast into the sea.... but I disagree we are sinless. Yes we are perfected in Christ upon departure from our flesh but not before then. Then why the Lord's prayer? Why the Lord's prayer?

Old 12-14-2013, 05:51 PM

35,802 posts, read 21,193,641 times
not till I die, I am free... but I sin daily.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,454,545 times
Sin is an acronym for that of "Missing the Mark."
In other words, the things I ought not to do, I do!

Old 12-14-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Sin is an acronym for that of "Missing the Mark."
In other words, the things I ought not to do, I do!
Well then... I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Old 12-14-2013, 06:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,454,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Well then... I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
Aim a bit higher!

Old 12-14-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Aim a bit higher!
good one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity