Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 04:06 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,174,074 times

Advertisements

I had a long debate with some Messianics that claim Christianity falsely teaches that we cant live sin free and the bible say we are delivered from sin, so we can live a life without committing sin. They claim they can live a life free of sin because they dont break the Torah and even claimed they will and can go the rest of 2013 without committing one single sin.

I believe we can strive with our best effort to live a lifestyle free from sin, but not actually go the rest of your life without committing a sin, as we are human beings bound and prone to mistakes. I even gave an example of how someone did something very ignorant on the road and I gave them the bird and words towards the driver that i should not have used and was told that wasnt a sin, but a mistake. So according to that logic, cursing in not a sin, breaking the laws of the land by going 25mph over the speed limit isnt a sin, or downloading free music & movies off shareware sites which falls under copyright infringement are not sins either, considering they have been guilty of 2 or 3 of what I listed.

So do you believe you can actually live completely sin free and not commit one sin after you are saved since we have been delivered from sin??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 04:17 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
I don't yet,but I do live free from the condemnation of it.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:17 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,059,903 times
1. NO ONE can live sin free.
2. NO ONE is "saved" until you die. THEN God decides whether you are worthy of going to Heaven or not.
3. Believing that a person doesn't commit any sins once a person is incorrectly "saved" is blasphemy because that doctrine states that WE decide whether we are going to Heaven or not and NOT God.
For those people who believe that OSAS doctrine, may God have mercy on your souls.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:18 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,318,187 times
It is hubris to believe we can.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:28 PM

10,108 posts, read 5,030,706 times
At what point is one saved ?________ Those of Hebrews 6 vs 4-6 fell away.

The great crowd of people of Revelation 7 v 14 are saved alive through the coming great tribulation.

They are Not saved until after they are delivered, rescued through that coming great tribulation.

They are saved but not because they are not sinners, but because of Jesus blood- 1st John 1 v 7

If we could stop sinning we would not die. Who do you know that does not die ?

Because we can Not stop sinning [ intentional or unintentional ] we die.
We also can Not resurrect oneself or another, so we need Jesus to do that for us. Jesus can and he will - Rev. 1 v 18

Unless committing the unforgivable sin, what frees or acquits us from sin is only by 'death' according to Romans 6 v 7,23

One's death does not make one innocent or sinless but as a judge can pardon a person so the crime charges do not stick, Jesus, as Judge, can pardon a person so the sin charges no longer stick.

Those who have a first or earlier resurrection to heaven [ Rev 20 v 6; 5 vs 9,10] put on immortality in the heavens serving as kings and priests with Jesus over earth for a thousand years. The majority of mankind [ John 3 v 13 ] will be resurrected back to healthy human life on earth during Jesus millennium-long day of reigning over earth.- Acts 24 v 15. That does not mean they are 'saved from sin' at that time, but will be judged on what they do 'after ' they are resurrected on earth.

By the end of the millennial reign of Christ over earth, then the time will come when ' enemy death will be no more' .- 1st Cor. 15 v 26; Rev. 21 vs 4,5; Isaiah 25 v 8. ' No more death ' means that by that time there will be no more sinning because it is sin that brings forth death. - Ezekiel 18 vs 4,20

So, until the end of Christ's messianic reign over earth sin can still exist for anyone who wishes to rebel against Christ. The wicked ones will be destroyed forever- Psalm 92 v 7. Those counted as righteous ones can gain everlasting life on earth as originally offered to father Adam.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:35 PM

9,705 posts, read 10,081,513 times
There are not to many people Christians or otherwise who can go without sin in their lives as people would have to overcome the world and all the spirits and obstacles of life ...... See people can hold fast to the commandments of Christ , and the Ten commandments , but if they just have one pain on their body and do not pray it is a sin , or catch a cold is also a sin ..have a bad dream is also a sin when people do not pray and get relief from God right away .... Don`t believe illness is a sin ? which is a poor discernment of dark spirit which are sin to hold and not pray right away for cleansing ..... Get frustrated and allow demons to complain through people is sin , and needs to repent ... See there is sin in this world which people need to resist , which will prove to Jesus that people are trying and resisting the best that they can ..... Jesus said ``you condemn me for Sabbath breaking , and I have Holy Spirit and He is not leaving me or condemning me ``,.. in so many words

Old 12-09-2013, 04:44 PM

5,390 posts, read 5,206,695 times
Well the bible covered all the bases so your pretty much garanteed to do it at some point. Really anything that serves self interest is condemned, and we all serve self interest at some point. Going to heaven is serving self interest though, so coveting heaven could be a sin too.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:48 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,054,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I had a long debate with some Messianics that claim Christianity falsely teaches that we cant live sin free and the bible say we are delivered from sin, so we can live a life without committing sin. They claim they can live a life free of sin because they dont break the Torah and even claimed they will and can go the rest of 2013 without committing one single sin.

I believe we can strive with our best effort to live a lifestyle free from sin, but not actually go the rest of your life without committing a sin, as we are human beings bound and prone to mistakes. I even gave an example of how someone did something very ignorant on the road and I gave them the bird and words towards the driver that i should not have used and was told that wasnt a sin, but a mistake. So according to that logic, cursing in not a sin, breaking the laws of the land by going 25mph over the speed limit isnt a sin, or downloading free music & movies off shareware sites which falls under copyright infringement are not sins either, considering they have been guilty of 2 or 3 of what I listed.

So do you believe you can actually live completely sin free and not commit one sin after you are saved since we have been delivered from sin??
It's only a sin if God sees it as a sin. Obviously, since Jesus said "Sin no more", God obviously still says there are sins. If there are sins that means people are being held accountable for those sins. A Christian is no longer to practice that which is sin. Catering to the flesh is the easy way to lose track and fall into the snare of sin.

Old 12-09-2013, 05:01 PM

10,108 posts, read 5,030,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
It's only a sin if God sees it as a sin. Obviously, since Jesus said "Sin no more", God obviously still says there are sins. If there are sins that means people are being held accountable for those sins. A Christian is no longer to practice that which is sin. Catering to the flesh is the easy way to lose track and fall into the snare of sin.
Which sins are still held accountable ?
There are only two types of sins:

Sin is on purpose or not
Sin is by accident or not
Sin is premeditated or not
Sin is deliberate or not
Sin is willful or not
Sin is by mistake or not
Sin is intentional or not

If we practice sin willfully [ knowingly on purpose, deliberately, intentionally ] then there is No more forgiveness.
-Hebrews 10 v 26; Hebrews 6 vs 4-6

Old 12-09-2013, 05:44 PM

14,987 posts, read 9,917,323 times
No

I prove that I can't every day... in every way. Rom 3:9-19

If sin was like shootin' I couldn't hit the broad side of the barn but I'd probably hit the neighbors favorite horse
My dog says I can... as long as I let her eat the cat food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity