Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 07:59 AM

668 posts, read 690,856 times

Advertisements

A man speaks the truth of God and his faith and the Christ haters attack. Let's stand together with God and join the boycott.

http://crossmap.christianpost.com/ne...omosexual-7753

https://www.facebook.com/BOYCOTTAETV1

Old 12-19-2013, 09:41 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
It isn't Christ haters who are attacking, it is humanity lovers.....a Christ-like attitude.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:43 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
It just displays the true intolerance of the world. People are calling him all sorts of names and ripping into him...for daring to say that a behavior is wrong.

Why are we surprised when pagans act like pagans? Christ said the world would hate us for our association with him.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:33 AM

6,324 posts, read 4,324,939 times
LOL! Claiming that Phil Robertson merely said that the behavior was "wrong" is little better than a lie. Why are you afraid to stand up and admit what the man REALLY said? Is it because you know his words were wrong, too?

Because, you see, Phil Robertson didn't just say it was "wrong," as if it was a child sneaking a cookie before dinner. Uh uh. Mr. Robertson equated homosexuality to EVIL and even said that homosexuality was the SOURCE of sexual sin - that you start with homosexuality and all of the other branches of sexual sin, like bestiality, spreads out from there.

What utter crap. I mean, look at the guy. I really don't know where America's fascination with anti-intellectualism and "bumpkin-ness" came from, but boy is it here in force.

But back to the topic. I normally don't post in the Christian section. I mostly leave Christians be. And I would have done the same this time - except I cannot stand to see this kind of thinking go unchallenged.

A&E has every right to decide for itself what kind of image the company wishes to foster. They are not obligated to allow a person who publicly goes on a hate-rant against gays to continue working for them. I'm sick to death of hearing about "oppression" and all of the constant whining whenever Christians don't get their own way. All I can say about that is grow up and realize that, believe it or not, the whole world doesn't revolve around your religious values. People like Phil Robertson does NOT have the right to preach hate and not suffer repurcussions. Religion does not protect anyone from that.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:37 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
LOL! Claiming that Phil Robertson merely said that the behavior was "wrong" is little better than a lie. Why are you afraid to stand up and admit what the man REALLY said? Is it because you know his words were wrong, too?

Because, you see, Phil Robertson didn't just say it was "wrong," as if it was a child sneaking a cookie before dinner. Uh uh. Mr. Robertson equated homosexuality to EVIL and even said that homosexuality was the SOURCE of sexual sin - that you start with homosexuality and all of the other branches of sexual sin, like bestiality, spreads out from there.
And you are doing just as bad by sitting in judgment. Please stop being so intolerant, ya bully.
Quote:
What utter crap. I mean, look at the guy. I really don't know where America's fascination with anti-intellectualism and "bumpkin-ness" came from, but boy is it here in force.

But back to the topic. I normally don't post in the Christian section. I mostly leave Christians be. And I would have done the same this time - except I cannot stand to see this kind of thinking go unchallenged.

A&E has every right to decide for itself what kind of image the company wishes to foster. They are not obligated to allow a person who publicly goes on a hate-rant against gays to continue working for them. I'm sick to death of hearing about "oppression" and all of the constant whining whenever Christians don't get their own way. All I can say about that is grow up and realize that, believe it or not, the whole world doesn't revolve around your religious values. People like Phil Robertson does NOT have the right to preach hate and not suffer repurcussions. Religion does not protect anyone from that.

Ironically, Christians, and Phil are now being demonized as hatemongers for stating what the Bible teaches.

Do you think we just made it up? That this is a new idea? That for 2000 years Christians HAVE NOT taught this?

Old 12-19-2013, 10:41 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
How embarrassing for the individual, and the church, that a man in 2013 would choose to hide behind the church as the basis for expressing his homophobic opinions.

I thought we left this sort of stuff behind us in the 60's. Apparently some folks didn't get the memo.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:02 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
Funny anti christian gets their way,
but anti immorality does not have a say.
and you wonder why the world is going into the toilet.
Sems freedom of speech is a bit lopsided don't your think ?

Old 12-19-2013, 11:07 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Freedom of speech does not mean you get to say whatever you want and no one can complain about it. He has every right to say what he did. And the people that don't like what he said have every right to say that as well. And A&E has every right to do what they feel is best for them.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:21 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
How is Phil being "oppressed"?

He has freedom of speech. Others have freedom of speech to speak against his views. A&E has the freedom to fire him.
No one has been oppressed.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:29 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Anyone who is half awake shouldn't be a bit surprised he said what he said. He's a fundamentalist in the American South. He said what most of them think. Complete with the graphic descriptions of gay sex which a heck of a lot of guys like him seem anxious to talk about.

The only thing that surprised me was that it wasn't followed with "Now get me my dinner Miss Kay!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.