Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 06:38 PM

668 posts, read 690,346 times

Advertisements

Here is another site that Christians who want to stand for equal rights should go to as well. We should all exercise our right to free speech and denounce the anti-Christian hate from A&E.

If you hate God then just attack and disagree with us on here. You have free speech too!

#IStandWithPhil Petition

Old 12-19-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
How about no? He spoke something his employer found offensive, he got fired. Welcome to Capitalism.
And Christians are going to exercise our part of Capitalism and boycott A&E and their advertisers. Welcome to equal rights for all!

Old 12-19-2013, 06:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
We should all exercise our right to free speech and denounce the anti-Christian hate from A&E.
Did anyone start a petition to stand with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright when he exercised his right to free speech? Let's see.... what happened when he spoke out for the things he believed. Let's think a moment shall we? Hmmmmm.... That's right! He got called all sorts of rude names. By conservative Christians. Who pretty much told him to sit down and shut up.

Oh, the irony is just too fabulous.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Did anyone start a petition to stand with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright when he exercised his right to free speech? Let's see.... what happened when he spoke out for the things he believed. Let's think a moment shall we? Hmmmmm.... That's right! He got called all sorts of rude names. By conservative Christians. Who pretty much told him to sit down and shut up.

Oh, the irony is just too fabulous.
If he got fired from his television show that was unrelated to his speech then we need to.

Last edited by FundamentalBibleBeliever; 12-19-2013 at 07:01 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 12-19-2013, 06:57 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
If he got fired from his television show that us unrelated to his speech then we need to.
Actually, the Rev. Wright was basically driven from the pulpit of his church. Yep. Forced into early retirement for speaking his mind.

But I'm sure he'll appreciate the show of support. Better late than never. Maybe you could call his former parishioners and let them know the First Amendment is now A-OK with the conservatives. I know one lives in a big, white house in Washington, D.C. He might appreciate knowing the conservatives have changed their minds about making unpopular statements.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually, the Rev. Wright was basically driven from the pulpit of his church. Yep. Forced into early retirement for speaking his mind.

But I'm sure he'll appreciate the show of support. Better late than never. Maybe you could call his former parishioners and let them know the First Amendment is now A-OK with the conservatives. I know one lives in a big, white house in Washington, D.C. He might appreciate knowing his old pastor wasn't such a demon after all.
If i'm not mistaken, Wright made his comments at work and not in an interview away from the job. Big difference. Job performance can result in termination. Speaking what the bible say's away from the job should not.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Disclaimer:

I like the show.

Phil is way behind the 8-ball on life & morality in light of what we've learned since all those old guys re-re-re-re-ad-infinitum-wrote the bible.

Part of him is still stuck in the mire of ancient, mythical beliefs.

But he's evolving. You can tell from the way he's relating to his grand-daughters. Lights are going off.

And I believe, if he uses the quiet time A&E has now granted him to good effect, he may grow even more because of this circumstance.

I believe he and his family mean well. They harbour malice toward none. To me, that counts for a fair bit and I'm willing to cut him some slack.

I hope he serves his 3 or 5 or 7 show suspension and comes back. As much as he has to learn, he also has much to teach.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:12 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,320,590 times
Quote:
If i'm not mistaken, Wright made his comments at work and not in an interview away from the job. Big difference. Job performance can result in termination. Speaking what the bible say's away from the job should not.
Wrong.

Phil Robertson is considered a public figure, which is a bit different from being a private citizen. With public figures, there's really no such thing as being "off the job" since everything a public figure does and says - both on and off the camera - can affect the image of the producers, the audience's perception of the show, the show's ratings, whether advertisers want to purchase time slots during that show, and a bunch of other factors.

Plus, Phil Robertson said all of this during an interview with GQ that Robertson knew would be published. It wasn't as if Robertson said it to some friends while having some beers in his living room.

You seem to have some major misconceptions about how the corporate and governmental world actually works.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:17 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,250,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Funny anti christian gets their way,
but anti immorality does not have a say.
and you wonder why the world is going into the toilet.
Sems freedom of speech is a bit lopsided don't your think ?
Maybe you should stop using your religion as a weapon.

Old 12-19-2013, 08:30 PM

28,662 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
A man speaks the truth of God and his faith and the Christ haters attack. Let's stand together with God and join the boycott.

http://crossmap.christianpost.com/ne...omosexual-7753

https://www.facebook.com/BOYCOTTAETV1
No, I'm not going to support him because of his romantic notions about Jim Crow laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity