Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2013, 04:32 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,826,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I don't know how a non believer could come to believe in a god that is preached as unable to secure his desire. How can anyone have confidence in such a god.
It is not a matter of being unable. God allows you to reject Him, which is what millions of people have done. He keeps His promise that anyone who believes in Him will have eternal life. That is why people trust Him. I would not trust anyone who would force me to obey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2013, 05:59 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,425,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not a matter of being unable. God allows you to reject Him, which is what millions of people have done. He keeps His promise that anyone who believes in Him will have eternal life. That is why people trust Him. I would not trust anyone who would force me to obey.
I don't know if you know this but scripture does not say will have eternal life, but has eternal life. I would trust some one who is tolerant of me, forbearing of me, long suffering towards me, in drawing me, persuading me and convincing me and apprehending me so that I come to the knowledge of the truth, and I would have no issue at all in them forcing the issue if it was for my over all benefit, even though I perhaps never understood it at the time.

Do you also not understand that scripture says you were dead in sin and iniquity, so please tell me how you chose independently of God, being in that state? , it says that God rich in mercy raised you up, not you were raised up and freed to make a quality choice . I know you are bible literalist, so how can you go against what it literally says and state what you have said above ?.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I don't know if you know this but scripture does not say will have eternal life, but has eternal life. I would trust some one who is tolerant of me, forbearing of me, long suffering towards me, in drawing me, persuading me and convincing me and apprehending me so that I come to the knowledge of the truth, and I would have no issue at all in them forcing the issue if it was for my over all benefit, even though I perhaps never understood it at the time.

Do you also not understand that scripture says you were dead in sin and iniquity, so please tell me how you chose independently of God, being in that state? , it says that God rich in mercy raised you up, not you were raised up and freed to make a quality choice . I know you are bible literalist, so how can you go against what it literally says and state what you have said above ?.
Yes, God did indeed have mercy on me, and forgave me even after I had rejected His love for so long. He knocked on my door for a long time, and I was foolish enough to refuse to open, until one day when I finally accepted His invitation. I have no idea what you mean by "choose independently of God", but you are well known for asking such "why did you beat your wife" strawman questions.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Yes, God did indeed have mercy on me, and forgave me even after I had rejected His love for so long. He knocked on my door for a long time, and I was foolish enough to refuse to open, until one day when I finally accepted His invitation. I have no idea what you mean by "choose independently of God", but you are well known for asking such "why did you beat your wife" strawman questions.
But wasn't you dead in sin and iniquity?., please tell me how in that state you were able to make a quality choice, the truth is you didn't. Scripture gives the answer he made you alive while you were in that state. In other words God forced you out of your state of unbelief and sin and iniquity and shone the light of his glorious gospel in your heart, which revealed to you, that he was not holding your sin against you, your burden rolled away in the knowledge of this and you couldn't help but believe. Now that is the power of the gospel.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
But wasn't you dead in sin and iniquity?., please tell me how in that state you were able to make a quality choice, the truth is you didn't. Scripture gives the answer he made you alive while you were in that state. In other words God forced you out of your state of unbelief and sin and iniquity and shone the light of his glorious gospel in your heart, which revealed to you, that he was not holding your sin against you, your burden rolled away in the knowledge of this and you couldn't help but believe. Now that is the power of the gospel.
I am glad you are asking yourself these questions. They may lead you the truth.

Old 12-31-2013, 07:03 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,054,208 times
Quote:
God created us carnal. We carnal before we are spiritual therefore God created us by default to reject Him. That is because He has purposed to save everyone by giving everyone a new heart in due time.

The Carnal Mind cannot obey. It must be forced. Let me ask you. Would you let your kids run into the street or would you run towards then and grab them by force away from the street? You gotta remember we are like children running towards the street when it comes to our salvation. Our Father in Heaven must react to save us by force otherwise, we are destined for that street.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I am glad you are asking yourself these questions. They may lead you the truth.
If you noticed Finn at the end of the my post, I said now that is the power of the gospel, whereas you believe choice is.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:50 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,538,965 times
Quote:
How close to Jesus will you be to Jesus' left, to see the action of those that caused you so much grief by being instruments of satan being thrown into eternal damnation ?.

It's funny how we blame the devil or God for all our grief, well i guess having a scapegoat mentality we are going to.

I can hand on heart say i have never accused the devil for anything that i have done, from the moment i saw God was not having any of it when Eve blamed him. He desires truth in the inward parts.
Since it will be those on the left who will be forced to watch those who repented\ believed and are invited by Jesus into heaven thus making your question irrelevant ... the appropriate question will be how close will you be to Jesus' right and still be on Jesus' left?

Which if you're as astute as you boast of ... you'd notice that Jesus addresses how close the left gets but still missing being on the right.
Luke 13:25-27
Once the owner of the house gets up and closes the door, you will stand outside knocking and pleading, ‘Sir, open the door for us.’ “But he will answer, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from.’
“Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’
“But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

Matthew 7:21 [ True and False Disciples ] “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

Luke 13:5
I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

I'd concern yourself with missing being on the right than irrelevant gotcha points with me or Finn.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:18 AM

670 posts, read 818,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
God desires none of us should sin...does he get his way?
Then why Freewill?

Old 01-01-2014, 02:44 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,043,888 times
I just want to say, Happy New Year. I don't post much here because I don't have a lot of spare time, but I do check in every now and then. Hope everyone finds their way in Christ as the New Year takes us on another trip around the sun. Eventually the ET doctrine will be left in the dust bin of history and those who taught it will wonder how they totally missed the light of God's love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity