Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 11:01 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,043,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It's comments like this which makes it impossible for me to take urs seriously.
Really? That's all you can say about my comment. Probably because you know what I said is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 11:11 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,425,892 times
Quote:
Many people have far more faith in their own "logic" than in God.
Well, which of trettep's list of 10 points were logic ?. Each one of them can be found in the scriptures and are consistently found within the scriptures and each point credits God for salvation. Seems to me you have faith in what opposes the 10 points.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,826,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Really? That's all you can say about my comment. Probably because you know what I said is true.
You said universalists do not trust the Bible. I KNOW they do not trust the Bible, so I am in agreement. I also know they believe the authors of the Bible are corrupt and evil.

I agree this is universalist believe, but I do not personally agree that John, Luke, Peter, Paul etc were corrupt or evil, and I will not take anyone seriously who makes such claims. This is why it is impossible for me to take URs seriously. Think about it, they keep quoting people who they believe were evil and corrupt. Does that make sense to you?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-02-2014 at 11:42 AM..

Old 01-02-2014, 11:28 AM

64,094 posts, read 40,395,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Yes, and it is not that Universalists do not TRUST GOD, it is that they do not TRUST the BIBLE nor follow it to the letter, knowing it was put together by the corrupted hands of evil men. But the fundamentalists cling to the bible, not to God himself and then pretend they are so sad that God must send so many to hell who refuse to listen to them. Blah, blah, blah...............
Quote:
It's comments like this which makes it impossible for me to take urs seriously.
It is comments like this which makes it impossible for fundamentalists to know God by what He has "written in our hearts." The reliance on the words "written in ink" by ignorant primitives corrupts any connection with God and the Comforter (Holy Spirit) that we have been told "teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie."

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded: (Blind minds=ignorant) for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord,(Christ) the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: (Holy Spirit) and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)

27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:36 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,054,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That IS how cognitive dissonance works, trettep. Its whole purpose is to prevent our conscious self from acknowledging any contradictions. It is driven by our unconscious desire to protect us from contradictions of our most important and deeply held beliefs.
Interesting because they are definately not seeing the contradiction.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Well, it is abvious your going to believe trettep rather then God.
It is universalism philosophy that contradicts everything about God... your evidence is from the father of lies.
Personally trettep, at this point I don't really give a hoot what you believe. You see it is not I in whom you will answer to one day for embracing this philosophy.... let me introduce Him to you, His is name is Jesus Christ, He is the judge of your life and the whole world! and He loves you very much and is very concern about people embrancing these lies about Him.

I pray somehow or someway Jesus will be able to clear this cloud of darkness from those in whom are holding on to it for dear life !
It truly does break my heart as I watch the destruction of it and what it is doing to the very soul of those who listen and have decided to exchanged God's truth for the lies of this philosophy of universalism.

In God's love
But you believe that Jesus Christ needs my permission to save me, don't you?

Old 01-02-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is comments like this which makes it impossible for fundamentalists to know God by what He has "written in our hearts." The reliance on the words "written in ink" by ignorant primitives corrupts any connection with God and the Comforter (Holy Spirit) that we have been told "teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie."
It was that very same Holy Spirit which guided the hands of the authors of the Bible.

Can you share few Spiritual truths (useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness) which are written in your heart which cannot be found "in ink".

Old 01-02-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
99.9999999999% have not been forced. History, and the word of God proves you wrong. Sorry.
Don't call the winner at half time. Game is not over. I'm confident that 100% will be forced and in due time you WILL not only believe in Universalism, but that you will be in love with the undertanding and have great joy in it.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:42 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,425,892 times
Quote:
It was that very same Holy Spirit which guided the hands of the authors of the Bible.

Can you share few Spiritual truths (useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness) which are written in your heart which cannot be found "in ink".
Can you share some spiritual truths from the bible that are not written on our hearts ?. For it is with the heart that we believe, believe what ?. The bible ?. What does the scripture say ?.
The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart

Old 01-02-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can you share some spiritual truths from the bible that are not written on our hearts ?. For it is with the heart that we believe, believe what ?. The bible ?. What does the scripture say ?The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart
I never claimed the Spirit and the Bible contradict. I believe they are in sync. The universalists claim there is a contradiction, but they can never provide a single example. Instead they keep quoting from the book which they slam as something written by corrupt, evil and ignorant people. Go figure.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity