Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 05:11 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And I already answered. It is not my fault you dont read posts.
Quote:
I never claimed the Spirit and the Bible contradict. I believe they are in sync. The universalists claim there is a contradiction, but they can never provide a single example. Instead they keep quoting from the book which they slam as something written by corrupt, evil and ignorant people. Go figure.....
I do not see an example here . What is scripture came by God through the heart of man( the very depth of his being), what our consciences does not bear witness to, was penned by the lying scribes. You know that your conscience does not bear witness to eternal hell being of God in the same manner it does not bears witness what Hitler did was of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 05:32 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,790,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I do not see an example here
I do not have any examples of such contradictions. I told you I don't see any contradiction between what the Spirit tells me and what the Bible says. You are the one claiming there is a contradiction, and yet you can't come up with a single example.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:32 PM

64,020 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
You are trying to dance around the question. I did not ask about the OT. Do you, or do you not have examples of spiritual teachings written in your heart which cannot be found in the Bible?
Are you saying the OT in NOT the Bible??? Do you believe the "not one jot or tittle"" and the other things Bible literalists believe? Timothy was ONLY referring to the OT when he said what YOU yourself posted that the scriptures were useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. Are you denying that now???? IF you are restricting what the Bible said about spiritual truths to what Jesus said . . . we have no disagreement. But you seem to be defending the literal Bible . . . ALL of it. Has that changed???
Quote:
You keep telling people we need to go with the teachings written in our hearts, but now you cannot come up with a single example of such teaching which is not already mentioned in the Bible.
Stop saying that . . . it is patently obvious that it is not true, Finn. IF you believe it . . . cite the verses in the Bible that specifically state these spiritual truths that I find in my heart:

Never EVER bash anyone's baby's head against rocks for any reason.
Never EVER rape anyone for any reason.
Never EVER wipe out entire families of men, women and children for any reason.
Never EVER save the virgins of others and take them to be your sex slaves for any reason.
Never EVER stone anyone to death for any reason.

They are nowhere in the Bible but their opposites ARE!

Old 01-02-2014, 05:35 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,437,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Because I'm tired of UR's intellectual dishonesty
There has been no dishonesty, Twin.

Quote:
I only changed it because of the sudden incapability of the UR's to grasp.
You have just proven that you do understand the question since:
  1. you don't believe there is no wicked people
  2. God torments people
I did not understand the question as originally asked by you, Twin ("how long should the not-wicked be not-tormented?") I didn't say I didn't understand the new question that you asked, only that I couldn't really answer it as posed because it makes assumptions that I do not.

Quote:
so stop the with "duh" and answer the question put to you guys. Use your enlightenment qualities (unless Mystic hasn't been loving enough to share) and replace any word in the original question from treppet dealing with "wicked" \ "torment" with UR verbiage that you understand and tell us how long will it take?
" love" time equation:

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000 trillion years raised to the ______________ power.

fill in the blank for me. Let us know what is the sufficient time for God to be satisfied with the "love process" of the NON-wicked.
Is that so hard .. or don't you believe yourself when you say that all there is "love" and "people are not wicked"
I did replace the "verbiage", and I answered the question in my last post to you. To repeat:

Now you're asking how long should the "wicked" be tormented before they "reach utopia"? That's a different question completely. And it assumes that I believe that people are wicked, or that God torments people --- which I do not --- so I can't answer it as asked. But I can tell you that I believe that whatever is in me that is not in harmony with the God who is love will need to be dealt with, some way, some how. It will take as long as it takes, but it won't take forever.

I don't know how long it will take for God to complete the process, I just trust that God will complete it.

Now, are you satisfied that I have answered your question? Or is there something more that you want to ask?

Old 01-02-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Are you saying the OT in NOT the Bible???
Bible = OT + NT.

Your argument for years has been that we need to go by what has been written in our hearts, as opposed to written in ink (the Bible), but when I ask for a simple example of something you have written in your heart, but cannot be found in the Bible, you cannot offer a SINGLE EXAMPLE. Instead, you offer a dance around. Why can't you just admit that spiritual teachings in people's hearts can also be found in the Bible?

Quote:
Never EVER save the virgins of others and take them to be your sex slaves for any reason.

The Bible teaches very clearly to love your neighbor and even your enemies, so how can you say the teaching to not murder or rape your neighbor is not found in the Bible?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-02-2014 at 06:02 PM..

Old 01-02-2014, 06:00 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,048,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
There has been no dishonesty, Twin.

I did not understand the question as originally asked by you, Twin ("how long should the not-wicked be not-tormented?") I didn't say I didn't understand the new question that you asked, only that I couldn't really answer it as posed because it makes assumptions that I do not.

I did replace the "verbiage", and I answered the question in my last post to you. To repeat:

Now you're asking how long should the "wicked" be tormented before they "reach utopia"? That's a different question completely. And it assumes that I believe that people are wicked, or that God torments people --- which I do not --- so I can't answer it as asked. But I can tell you that I believe that whatever is in me that is not in harmony with the God who is love will need to be dealt with, some way, some how. It will take as long as it takes, but it won't take forever.

I don't know how long it will take for God to complete the process, I just trust that God will complete it.

Now, are you satisfied that I have answered your question? Or is there something more that you want to ask?
It won't be more than a the reign of Christ that is coming. The 8th day (as witness by the male children Circumcision and the day Christ was raised) signifies the day when all the children (Universallly) are then consecrated to the Father in Heaven. I doubt the fundamentalists know much about the 8th day teaching which is found in many of the writings of the early Christian writers.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Are you saying the OT in NOT the Bible??? Do you believe the "not one jot or tittle"" and the other things Bible literalists believe? Timothy was ONLY referring to the OT when he said what YOU yourself posted that the scriptures were useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. Are you denying that now???? IF you are restricting what the Bible said about spiritual truths to what Jesus said . . . we have no disagreement. But you seem to be defending the literal Bible . . . ALL of it. Has that changed???Stop saying that . . . it is patently obvious that it is not true, Finn. IF you believe it . . . cite the verses in the Bible that specifically state these spiritual truths that I find in my heart:

Quote:
Bible = OT + NT.
Your argument for years has been that we need to go by what has been written in our hearts, as opposed to written in ink (the Bible), but when I ask for a simple example of something you have written in your heart, but cannot be found in the Bible, you cannot offer a SINGLE EXAMPLE. Instead, you offer a dance around. Why can't you just admit that spiritual teachings in people's hearts can also be found in the Bible?
Do you need reading glasses, Finn. I gave you FIVE examples and you have not rebutted them or even acknowledged them. You just repeat your LIE that I have not. Does that bother you at all? Can you rebut ANY ONE of them?

Old 01-02-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Do you need reading glasses, Finn. I gave you FIVE examples and you have not rebutted them or even acknowledged them. You just repeat your LIE that I have not. Does that bother you at all? Can you rebut ANY ONE of them?
You have given me nothing. The Bible teaches very clearly to love your neighbor and even your enemies, so how can you say the teaching to not murder or rape your neighbor is not found in the Bible, and that it can only be found in your heart? How could you have missed it in the Bible?

What bothers me is that fact that you have such a hard time admitting you have been wrong all these years. Maybe it is understandable given the fact that your entire belief system revolves around it.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:14 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
Finn Jarber
Do you agree with the below that God

Never EVER bashed anyone's baby's head against rocks for any reason.
Never EVER raped anyone for any reason.
Never EVER wiped out entire families of men, women and children for any reason.
Never EVER saved the virgins of others and take them to be your sex slaves for any reason.
Never EVER stoned anyone to death for any reason

Or endorsed any of these acts ?

Old 01-02-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
You have given me nothing. The Bible teaches very clearly to love your neighbor and even your enemies, so how can you say the teaching to not murder or rape your neighbor is not found in the Bible, and that it can only be found in your heart? How could you have missed it in the Bible?
NO Finn . . . Jesus teaches that. The Bible, especially the one endorsed by Timothy as the scriptures that are useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness teaches the opposite. Are you denying that now????
Quote:
What bothers me is that fact that you have such a hard time admitting you have been wrong all these years. Maybe it is understandable given the fact that your entire belief system revolves around it.
I have no trouble acknowledging that my "cherry-picking" of the Bible has been prompted by what the Holy Spirit has guided me to that God has "written in our hearts." YOU have been denying such "cherry-picking" but now seem to be engaging in it. Make up your mind, Finn. You either agree with TonyX3 as a 100% Bible Believer or not.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 01-02-2014 at 07:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity