Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2014, 09:27 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,038,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.

Erm Lord, did you forget that we have the bible that you put together by dictating it to men who had sinned and fallen short of your glory, who have hearts that are desperately wicked,so it cannot possibly contain any error,so that we can know these unsearchable things. So what can you tell us that is not already in our bibles?.

Goodnight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 09:28 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,396,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Everyone desires it, but urs actually promise it, although Jesus did not.
Universalists believe that God accomplishes his desires.

You have all the desires of your heart that you have believed for. This is true, but nowhere to be found in the bible, it is but it isn't. What do you want me to do for you ?.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:49 PM

64,022 posts, read 40,325,748 times
Quote:
Well there you have it folks. You ask them a simple question, which they cannot answer, and as opposed to admitting it, they pretend their failure to answer somehow proved them right. You can't make it up
I appreciate this uncharacteristic honesty of yours, Finn. Thank you for your admission of what we have been saying all along.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:01 PM

546 posts, read 549,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Well said, pCamps. But millions, millions upon millions are also following and bowing down to the BOOK. And they go around condemning their brothers who will not agree with them on the ET doctrine and breathe out threats of ET for not believing ET ! It's like old King Neb who demanded that the three Hebrew Children bow down to him or he would throw them alive into the fire and yet, they were not afraid of his threats because they had the living God with them. Millions of Christians will go to their graves with a veil of darkness over their hearts. And perhaps that's part of God's plan. Perhaps God will not allow those we contend with to see the true light of God's love. Maybe they only get to see in part.
I agree with you Heartsong. The Bible is not to be bowed down to, and it only contains a printed portion of God's Word. The only caveat I have is that the Bible can be used to navigate through the Words we hear from the Spirit. The more we read the Bible, treat it as a harmonious book, the more we see of the true personality of our Lord, and the more we can discern whether the words we hear are true or not.

The ET doctrine is insanity at best, but I followed it without knowing that for most of my years. But when I was presented with the scriptures showing that the hell doctrine is made up from wrongly translating words and not realizing that it was an idea forced on the Roman world by Justinian, then I opened myself up to the possibility that it was true. THEN I searched the scriptures with an open heart and found out the truth. Until that time, I couldn't be penetrated. Now that I look back, I can't believe that I thought people would be eternally tortured by a God punishing someone in a way that only a few humans would even do to their worst enemies. It's as crazy as believing that the world is flat, and when a picture of the globe is placed before one of those that believe this, they turn their head away and refuse to look. Even the evidence can't penetrate. They are obviously protecting an idea, and not searching for the truth from the Lord. I had to come to this point many times in my life, and I told the Lord, "No matter what, I want to know the truth! I don't care if I feel weird, or if it turns my little world upside down. The truth is more important." and He showed me. The truth sets you free! If you're right in the first place, you've got nothing to lose, so why not find out?

But I do have a problem with some of the ideas of UR people. Some of the doctrine isn't complete, and goes off into a guess at best. The truth that I have found was found in the Bible, yet no one that I have found speaks of it, even though it comes directly from the lips of Jesus Himself.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:22 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,038,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
I agree with you Heartsong. The Bible is not to be bowed down to, and it only contains a printed portion of God's Word. The only caveat I have is that the Bible can be used to navigate through the Words we hear from the Spirit. The more we read the Bible, treat it as a harmonious book, the more we see of the true personality of our Lord, and the more we can discern whether the words we hear are true or not.

The ET doctrine is insanity at best, but I followed it without knowing that for most of my years. But when I was presented with the scriptures showing that the hell doctrine is made up from wrongly translating words and not realizing that it was an idea forced on the Roman world by Justinian, then I opened myself up to the possibility that it was true. THEN I searched the scriptures with an open heart and found out the truth. Until that time, I couldn't be penetrated. Now that I look back, I can't believe that I thought people would be eternally tortured by a God punishing someone in a way that only a few humans would even do to their worst enemies. It's as crazy as believing that the world is flat, and when a picture of the globe is placed before one of those that believe this, they turn their head away and refuse to look. Even the evidence can't penetrate. They are obviously protecting an idea, and not searching for the truth from the Lord. I had to come to this point many times in my life, and I told the Lord, "No matter what, I want to know the truth! I don't care if I feel weird, or if it turns my little world upside down. The truth is more important." and He showed me. The truth sets you free! If you're right in the first place, you've got nothing to lose, so why not find out?

But I do have a problem with some of the ideas of UR people. Some of the doctrine isn't complete, and goes off into a guess at best. The truth that I have found was found in the Bible, yet no one that I have found speaks of it, even though it comes directly from the lips of Jesus Himself.

Thank you for a tremendous heart-bearing post giving us a glimpse into your personal faith journey. I too believed the ET doctrine but it always grieved me and I not only never wanted to share it, but was always ashamed of it and had a constant internal conflict within trying to make it work with my faith in the God whose love knows no bounds. Eventually I just had a mental breakdown from trying to carry it around inside and not until a good number of years later and basically doing my best not to think about spiritual things I finally was delivered through the labor of love of some of my most beloved brothers and sisters in Christ. It completely changed my life for the better - it was like being let out of a terrible dark prison. I don't understand why anyone would want to carry such a burden, but perhaps it does not burden them as it did me so they are not suffering under the weight of grief that I did.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,793,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That's the part you forgot to mention in your example, Zero. The professor erases what was written and then claims he proved it to be wrong!! Then he claims no one can prove his theory wrong no matter how often he asks them to . . . then continues to teach his false theory. Blatantly ignoring or denying what has been presented multiple times . . . is a tactic that has wide use among the Fundies, Zero.
Obviously in this case you are that professor, and at this time your posts are becoming dishonest. Get over your pride, and admit you can's answer the question which reveals you have been wrong all theses years.

Old 01-03-2014, 04:43 AM

Quote:
I have never known anyone like yourself to dance around simple questions put to you. This thread alone you have virtually avoided every single question put to you, not even attempted to answer them, yet this is the nonsense you resort to when you don't like what you hear.
Actually I am the one asking, and you are the one dancing. Why am I not surprised to see you twist it around like that

Old 01-03-2014, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Finn, if anyone cannot hear what the Spirit says, then that also is of God's choosing. God is the one who opens and closes doors, and spiritual ears and eyes. Man cannot do this - it is God who does it.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Romans 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________

Jeremiah 33:3 Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

John 8:47 Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God.”

Isaiah 30:21 And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.

John 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

John 6:63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Romans 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

John 5:30 “I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.

Romans 12:1-2 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Galatians 5:16 But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.

Galatians 3:5 Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith—

John 10:16 And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd.

Hebrews 1:1-5 Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs. For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”? Or again, “I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son”?

Proverbs 3:30-32 Do not contend with a man for no reason, when he has done you no harm. Do not envy a man of violence and do not choose any of his ways, for the devious person is an abomination to the Lord, but the upright are in his confidence.

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord, searching all his innermost parts.

Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,
This is a perfect example of a universalist quoting from the book which she just slammed as having been written by corrupt and evil men.

Old 01-03-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Actually I am the one asking, and you are the one dancing. Why am I not surprised to see you twist it around like that
How is it that no matter what thread you are posting on you, many posters on those threads ask you why you avoid answering questions. I cannot recall ever you answering a question put to you,to avoid answering a question you will ask a question yourself then insist your question be answered without doing likewise, this is your politician mentality of yours.If you scroll back a little bit you will see that i gave you answers. The remarkable thing about this post of yours is that you read my post where i answered you and here you are saying i never gave you any answers. So why don't you in like manner answer the questions that have been presented to you. If you like i will pull it my answer for you,(in fact i will highlight them so you cannot miss them) something that you never do when asked.

Now i have set the example for you to follow.......Can you pull up the posts where you have answered the questions put to you

Quote:
I have never known anyone like yourself to dance around simple questions put to you. This thread alone you have virtually avoided every single question put to you, not even attempted to answer them, yet this is the nonsense you resort to when you don't like what you hear.

Like i said you deny the scriptures that are there that God is not only able of accomplishing his desire but does accomplish it, add to it that which is not there by associating our salvation with eternal hell and you want to hear spiritual truth that is not necessarily in the bible?. how are you ever going to be open to that when you've already got your mind made up.

Here are some spiritual truths that are in the bible that you cannot see and some that are not that you cannot see

Jesus Christ not the bible is the word of God

We are all part of the one God

God is in all things( including those deemed by evangelicals to be sinners)

The holy of holies is within man

Imagination creates reality

Thoughts are things

It is impossible to be separated from God

God can be touched and felt

Theres a few for starters to make you gnash your teeth

Now how about answering at least one of the many questions of trettep's you have avoided answering.

I would also like a straight answer from you on the question i have asked you 3 times, does your conscience bear witness that those who do not accept what you believe is the only means of salvation deserve to be eternally tormented ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 01-03-2014 at 06:19 AM..

Old 01-03-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Everyone desires it, but urs actually promise it, although Jesus did not.
Be careful what you wish for Lord, it might just come to pass. Whats that ? Your word never fails ?,is that in the bible ?, Yes from Genesis to Revelation. So your word never fails? Correct, but it does fail in the eyes of those who do not have faith in it ? Correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity