Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 12:06 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,150,568 times

Advertisements

Why, why the Koine Greek. A language with no lower case letters, punctuation, indefinite articles or spaces between words. Round and round and round we go. Little wonder that the scriptures which are a cause of controversy are those with grammatical and/or textual criticism issues.

1 Corinthians 15:24-29, "Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[a] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 03:34 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,051,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
"For unto us a child is born.
Unto us a son is given
And the government shall be upon his shoulders.
And his name shall be called;
Wonderful, councillor,
ALL MIGHTY GOD!
THE EVERLASTING FATHER!
And the Prince of peace is he.

This verse speaks for it's self and totally disproves your heretical ideas.
You should read that in the Hebrew....It doesn't say what it says in English...

Old 01-10-2014, 04:59 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,317,499 times
According to me, everything i have read about Jesus Christ, he's got to be all that God IS manifested in the flesh. Thankfully in revealing the true nature and character of God he corrected all the error of ignorant savages of who God is. If you have seen me you have seen your Father.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:17 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
You should read that in the Hebrew....It doesn't say what it says in English...
Well, I have just about every English translation of the bible there is. They all translate it very similarly. The meaning stays the same regardless of small differences in the English. So, all of these different and diverse scholars have some kind of a conspiracy to corrupt the translation?????? I don't think that is a reasonable supposition at all.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:00 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,935,404 times
- Glad to see this conversation is still going on.

John said, "The Only Begotten God" [Greek] - John 1:18

Old 01-11-2014, 11:49 PM

John, the author of 1:1 knew Jesus to be the only begotten (unique, one of a kind) Son of the Almighty

1 John 4:9, " In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him."

John 3:16, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18, " He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Old 01-11-2014, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well, there are just too many scriptures that teach us that Jesus Christ is God incarnate to dispute the fact if you are a bible believing Christian. You could always just change the scriptures to suit your false beliefs as the JWs do. Jesus is Emanuel, God with us. He calls himself "I AM". so either you are completely wrong or Jesus was a liar. For myself I'll believe what the bible PLAINLY teaches.
Just a thought...

Jehovah's Witnesses, why does the NWT translate John 1:1 to say "the Word was a god"? - Yahoo Answers

Old 01-13-2014, 08:35 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
The point is moot because of what the bible teaches us about God. You know, the best rule of interpreting the bible is to use scripture to interpret scripture. What that means is you always use the clear and straightforward statements of truth in the bible to understand anything that might not be as clear.

Since the bible is clear on the fact that there is ONE God then Jesus can not be another God. Therefore, the nature of Jesus' divinity must be understood in a way that agrees with what is plainly taught.

When your theology is in disagreement with clear biblical concepts then that Theology is always incorrect!

Old 01-13-2014, 01:47 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
According to me, everything i have read about Jesus Christ, he's got to be all that God IS manifested in the flesh. Thankfully in revealing the true nature and character of God he corrected all the error of ignorant savages of who God is. If you have seen me you have seen your Father.
Define the word "God" as you use it above.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:49 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,412,710 times
Or You are using improperly translates scriptures.

"I AM" in John 8:58 is an example of poor translating. Popular but wrong. Except in the KJV which uses a lower case "a" for "am" thus showing they knew it wasn't a claim to be the "I AM".

It isn't hard to find out the truth of the matter, it is hard to accept it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity