Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2019, 02:14 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Also is it a sin to work on certain days of the week? ......
Sabbath keeping ended with the end of the temporary Constitution of the Mosaic Law which was only for one nation > ancient Israel - Romans 10:4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2019, 02:18 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Sabbath keeping ended with the end of the temporary Constitution of the Mosaic Law which was only for one nation > ancient Israel - Romans 10:4
It wasn’t temporary, your own Jesus says so...

Old 05-27-2019, 03:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Good analysis. ...as far as it goes. So the inevitable conclusion is that any "transgression" would have to be of something even more basic than law: some principle of social order that is the basis for law. It follows then that if a law or interpretation of a law violates that principle then the principle is what should rule rather than the law. For instance, if the principle is good sense then there ought not to be a law against eating cheeseburgers, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
I can comprehend YOUR logic, yes, but I disagree. We have a different view of what a transgression is.

To say that you cannot transgress against God without the law being given indicates that you view God as merely a set of rules. I don't.

People who know God should also instinctively know what violates His law without Him spelling it out in writing.

This is the sum of the law and prophets: Love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. The Old Testament believers were incapable of figuring that out because they didn't really know God. Hence, the Law.
<crickets>

Old 05-28-2019, 08:25 AM

3,061 posts, read 913,300 times
Quote:
Paul said that the weekly Sabbath was but the shadow of the future reality, and the future reality is the Great Sabbath of one thousand years, which is the Lord's day.

From the Book of Jubilees 4: 30; "And He (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day thou eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason, Adam did not complete the years of that first day; for He died during it." Adam died at the age of 930 in the first day.

The Great Sabbath, which is the future reality of the weekly Sabbath, is the seventh period of one thousand years (ONE DAY) from the first day in which Adam died at the age of 930. After which, heavenly fire incinerates all physical life-forms on this planet, as prophesied in the book of Zephaniah.

GNB Catholic Study Edition…It was the prophet Zephaniah through whom the Lord said in 1: 2-3; "I am going to destroy everything 'ON EARTH', All human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked. I will destroy mankind and no survivors will be left. I the Lord have spoken. Verse 18:. . . . . . . . "On the day when the Lord shows his fury, not even all their gold and silver will save them. The whole 'EARTH' will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end----a sudden end----to everyone who lives 'ON EARTH.' "

After the Sabbath is ended, heavenly fire incinerates this earth, on this planet destroying all physical life forms.

Old 05-28-2019, 10:19 AM

4,684 posts, read 6,133,422 times
Quote:
Look how crazy they went over the issue of circumcision in the NT, I would think it would be a all out war if they canceled the Sabbath.

Old 05-28-2019, 12:56 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
I find it interesting how any time some Christians don't like a certain commandment, they just dismiss it as no longer applicable. "Oh, we don't have to keep that commandment any more," is a pretty common justification for not doing so, in my opinion. Jesus didn't cancel out every commandment just because we don't like them.

Old 05-28-2019, 02:06 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
No, He gave us a new basis for conduct that makes following "laws" that are not applicable unnecessary. When and how do you observe "sabbath?

Old 05-28-2019, 02:34 PM

4,684 posts, read 6,133,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, He gave us a new basis for conduct that makes following "laws" that are not applicable unnecessary. When and how do you observe "sabbath?
When? Thats up for debate on Friday Night to Saturday Night at sunset or Saturday Day at sunrise to Saturday Night at Sunset, depending on how the Sabbath crowd sees a day or their interpretation of the command.

How? Do no work and make it a day of rest. Im guessing each persons definition of work may vary. Some are so extreme to make sure others dont work, they wont use electricity or leave their house. Gotta love the Sabbath mode elevators, where it stops on each floor, so folks dont have to work by pressing a button.

Old 05-28-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
When? Thats up for debate on Friday Night to Saturday Night at sunset or Saturday Day at sunrise to Saturday Night at Sunset, depending on how the Sabbath crowd sees a day or their interpretation of the command.

How? Do no work and make it a day of rest. Im guessing each persons definition of work may vary. Some are so extreme to make sure others dont work, they wont use electricity or leave their house. Gotta love the Sabbath mode elevators, where it stops on each floor, so folks dont have to work by pressing a button.
You’re wrong on some of this...

Old 05-28-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
I can comprehend YOUR logic, yes, but I disagree. We have a different view of what a transgression is.

To say that you cannot transgress against God without the law being given indicates that you view God as merely a set of rules. I don't.

People who know God should also instinctively know what violates His law without Him spelling it out in writing.

This is the sum of the law and prophets: Love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. The Old Testament believers were incapable of figuring that out because they didn't really know God. Hence, the Law.
Not true at all...If you would actually undertake the study of Torah, there is a reason for every one of the 613 Mitzvoth...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity