Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2019, 02:48 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,645,470 times

Advertisements

Seventh Day Adventists founded an entire religion on their interpretation of the "Sabbath."

It's all very silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2019, 02:48 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
As Christians (followers of Christ) we should not be hostile though

This is a forum to discuss Christianity not for Christians to chase everyone off who has a different view than them

Christianity is very divided and is the same as the other religions in that it has taken on ritual and doctrines which are opposed to the spirit which is Christ which was in the prophets of old ...
While this is all true it IS our business to expose half truths and hypocrisy where they are used to try to influence those who might be seeking truth. Is there something wrong about hostility to hypocrisy?

Old 05-30-2019, 02:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
As Christians (followers of Christ) we should not be hostile though

This is a forum to discuss Christianity not for Christians to chase everyone off who has a different view than them

Christianity is very divided and is the same as the other religions in that it has taken on ritual and doctrines which are opposed to the spirit which is Christ which was in the prophets of old

the body of Christ (believers) are to join together in the same spirit, whether they are Jew/gentile slave/free male/female. This is not talking about literal designations but the spiritual ones

Gal 1:1 Paul, an apostle, not from men nor through man, but through Jesus Christ and God the Father, the One raising Him from the dead,
Gal 1:2 and all the brothers with me, to the assemblies of Galatia.

1Co 1:1 Paul, a called apostle of Jesus Christ, by the will of God, and Sosthenes the brother,
1Co 1:2 to the assembly of God which is in Corinth, those having been sanctified in Christ Jesus, called-out saints, with all those calling on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ in every place, both theirs and ours:

Rom 1:1 Paul, a slave of Jesus Christ, a called apostle, separated to the gospel of God,
Rom 1:2 which He promised before through His prophets in the holy Scriptures,
Rom 1:3 concerning His Son who came of the seed of David according to flesh,
Rom 1:4 who was marked out the Son of God in power, according to the Spirit of holiness, by the resurrection of the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord;
Rom 1:5 by whom we received grace and apostleship to obedience of faith among all the nations, for His name's sake,
Rom 1:6 among whom are you also, called-out ones of Jesus Christ;
Rom 1:7 to all those who are in Rome, b

Rev 1:1 A Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to Him to show to His slaves things which must occur quickly. And He signified by sending through His angel to His slave, John,
Rev 1:2 who testified of the Word of God and the witness of Jesus Christ, even as many things as he saw.
Rev 1:3 Blessed is the one reading, and those hearing the Words of this prophecy, and keeping the things having been written; for the time is near.
I don’t think I can recall nateswift ever being hostile.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:14 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What I am hostile toward, Shalhavet, is someone coming on here and claiming that Judaism in any of its current permutations is in any way better than Christianity, that Jews are chosen to enlighten the world, and/or that Torah is authoritative. You don’t see me on the Judaism forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalhevet View Post
My apologies if you felt that's what I was doing. It's why I asked several posts up if I should be here or not. Obviously I think Judaism is better, otherwise I would be a Christian, which I am not. While I like the back and forth of these discussions, I have no intention of arguing anybody's beliefs with them, as it is generally pointless.

Again, my apologies if you felt my tone was hostile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I don’t think I can recall nateswift ever being hostile.
I’m not against you or Nate,

All I am saying is that Jews are allowed to post here, Nate said he was hostile to a “Jew” coming and discussing the “sabbath” and other Jewish customs..... he is perfectly entitled to his opinions

It’s the same thing as “fundie” Christians saying that “universalist” Christians have it wrong and shouldn’t post here

hypocrisy is hypocrisy

Old 05-30-2019, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Nope, not at all...Even your own Paul tells you to ‘practice righteousness’...Now, I wonder why he would say that?...
With your understanding of the English language I would advise you not to open a law practice as nothing would ever be done, just practiced

Old 05-30-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
I’m not against you or Nate,

All I am saying is that Jews are allowed to post here, Nate said he was hostile to a “Jew” coming and discussing the “sabbath” and other Jewish customs..... he is perfectly entitled to his opinions

It’s the same thing as “fundie” Christians saying that “universalist” Christians have it wrong and shouldn’t post here

hypocrisy is hypocrisy
Nate did NOT say he was hostile to a Jew discussing anything. I said I was hostile to misrepresentation and making insupportable claims about Jews or Judaism, and you should realize that I never said tha Shalhevet was doing so. Everything was directed at Richard'assertions and misrepresentations.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:50 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Mod note: You are reminded that anyone is free to post on the Christianity forum. This subforum is about Christianity, but anyone who wants to discuss Christianity can post regardless of their worldview.

As we all know,there are places where Judaism and Christianity overlap and places where they are completely at odds with each other. Christians are forbidden to proselytize in the Judaism forum. While Jews are generally not known to proselytize, by the same token, it cannot be stated in this forum that Judaism is superior to Christianity in some way.

Now, I have not noted any example of that so far, but given that this thread topic is one of those "overlap" discussions, I'm reminding everyone to keep it respectful and conduct the discussion with a goal of learning and understanding.

Old 05-30-2019, 03:53 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Nate did NOT say he was hostile to a Jew discussing anything. I said I was hostile to misrepresentation and making insupportable claims about Jews or Judaism, and you should realize that I never said tha Shalhevet was doing so. Everything was directed at Richard'assertions and misrepresentations.
Ok, sorry I misunderstood

However Richard is entitled to his opinions and to post here

Old 05-30-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Ok, sorry I misunderstood

However Richard is entitled to his opinions and to post here
He is also entitled to be shown as a fourflusher.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:18 PM

3,061 posts, read 913,300 times
We are now coming to the close of the sixth day from the day that Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that day at the age of 930. Soon the seventh day begins, which is the great Sabbath of which, as Paul says, is the future reality of the weekly Sabbath.

It is the Day of the Lord, the thousand year Sabbath of which it is written in Acts 17: 31; "For He (The Lord) has fixed a day in which he shall judge the whole world with Justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that MAN from death."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity