Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 07:25 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
No.

Christians are not under the law. We don't keep the letter of the law, but the spirit of it. That means that we have to figure out the function or purpose of the commandment.
It's to keep from wearing yourself down mentally and physically, to prevent neglecting family units, and to set aside time for spiritual pursuits.
If you can do this without setting aside an entire day, then good for you. If you can't, then save a day for rest and family. (Any day)

Romans 14:5-6
You've quoted the standard heretical position of Protestant Christians of the post-modern church. It is NOT true, Biblically.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 5:17

What Law did Jesus fulfill but not abolish? Most Christians can't answer that question correctly. They live according to their passions and appetites. Instead of obeying God's Law they quote religious slogans and argue against the context of scripture. They have not the knowledge of God and choose to act like demons in the flesh.

If Christians are not under the Law, then it's perfectly appropriate for me to kill you, steal your possessions, rape your wife and burn your house to the ground. Sounds more like middle eastern philosophy to me, but that's the ultimate extension of the fallacy of Christian philosophy today which declares "Christians are not under the law."

In truth Christians claim they live by grace and then sin like hell.

This is why hypocrisy and not power are the hallmark of the Christian religion in America.

Why is this ignorant opinion being promulgated in the church? Mostly because adherence to the Law requires a form of discipline and dedication. That's forbidden territory to our current religious franchises. All the pastors are concerned about is donation$ - period.

"The parsons will dig their own graves. They will betray their God to us. They will betray anything for the sake of their miserable jobs and incomes. Protestant clergy don't believe in anything except their well-being and office". - Adolph Hitler

Promotion of moral and ethical behavior otherwise known as the Law is forbidden in our Churches. Christians are taught the Law is of no effect even as they are also told they owe 10% tithe every Sunday. Tithing is Law. Either Christians are under the Law or they are not. Which is it?

Pretentious preachers always seem to have one hand on the Bible and the other in someone else's pocket. Is this Biblical or is it cheap entertainment in God's house? I submit it's a cheap show for gullible fools. It means nothing to God and a living for the employed staff.

The church doesn't care about God's honest Law or about teaching their members to obey it. All they really care about is MONEY MONEY MONEY. Donation$ tend to dry up when pastors start telling people how to live.

Can't have law can we? It cuts into the cash flow.

Does God care? Everyone will tell you He doesn't, but if HIS WORD is a benchmark to us HE CARES DEEPLY about such things. Which is it? Please God or submit money to pacify a guilty conscience?

EITHER THE CHURCH LIES or most Christians are terribly IGNORANT and GULLIBLE. Jesus said ye shall know them by their fruits. What are their fruits? They submit to Law and give their money even as they claim they aren't under the Law and sin like hell. This is the double-minded thinking of fools. Either they ought to get right with God and live according to His Law or turn their backs on churches that teach doctrines of demons and demand money they don't deserve.

THINK ABOUT IT. Stop being a puppet in the hands of money grabbing religious leadership.

This form of lawLESSness in church was predicted behavior of the people of the End Times...... A religion devoid of backbone. Phony ethics are its trademark.

having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people. - 2 Timothy 3:5

"I hate, I despise your religious festivals; your assemblies are a stench to me. - GOD speaking through the prophet Amos 5:21

It is time to repent and make peace with God. The power of true religion is the Law - not lawLESSness - not ignorance and hypocrisy.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Last edited by Choir Loft; 05-26-2019 at 07:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 07:38 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
You've quoted the standard heretical position of Protestant Christians of the post-modern church. It is NOT true, Biblically.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. - Jesus as quoted by Matthew 5:17

If Christians are not under the Law, then it's perfectly appropriate for me to kill you, steal your possessions, rape your wife and burn your house to the ground. Sounds more like middle eastern philosophy to me, but that's the ultimate extension of the fallacy of Christian philosophy today which declares "Christians are not under the law."

This is why hypocrisy and not power are the hallmark of the Christian religion in America.

Why is this ignorant opinion being promulgated in the church? Mostly because adherence to the Law requires a form of discipline and dedication. That's forbidden territory to our current religious franchises. All the pastors are concerned about is donation$ - period.

"The parsons will dig their own graves. They will betray their God to us. They will betray anything for the sake of their miserable jobs and incomes. Protestant clergy donít believe in anything except their well-being and office". - Adolph Hitler

Promotion of moral and ethical behavior otherwise known as the Law is forbidden in our Churches. Christians are taught the Law is of no effect even as they are also told they owe 10% tithe every Sunday. Tithing is Law. Either Christians are under the Law or they are not. Which is it?

Pretentious preachers always seem to have one hand on the Bible and the other in someone else's pocket. Is this Biblical or is it cheap entertainment in God's house? I submit it's a cheap show for gullible fools. It means nothing to God and a living for the employed staff.

The church doesn't care about God's honest Law or about teaching their members to obey it. All they really care about is MONEY MONEY MONEY. Donation$ tend to dry up when pastors start telling people how to live.

Can't have law can we? It cuts into the cash flow.

Does God care? Everyone will tell you He doesn't, but if HIS WORD is a benchmark to us HE CARES DEEPLY about such things. Which is it? Please God or submit money to pacify a guilty conscience?

EITHER THE CHURCH LIES or most Christians are terribly IGNORANT and GULLIBLE. They submit to Law and give their money even as they claim they aren't under the Law. This is the double-minded thinking of fools. Either they ought to get right with God and live according to His Law or turn their backs on churches that demand money they don't deserve.

THINK ABOUT IT. Stop being a puppet in the hands of money grabbing religious leadership.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....
If the law was abolished then there would be no seeking after God, because it causes the heart of man to cry "who can deliver me from this body of death"(the illusion we have identified/attached ourselves to). We were never meant to measure ourselves up against it, and neither did God give us the law to hold us up to the standard of it. The law, which by the way is written in the heart of everyone born of a woman can be easily fullfilled by abiding in the love of God, which is the rest of God, where we seize from our works (living in the illusion that something exists outside of God, thus creating a separation mentality and causes us work our way back into something where we already are).

Old 05-26-2019, 07:57 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It’s about community and setting an example, IOW, being a light unto the nations...
As in telling them they can't eat cheeseburgers?

Old 05-26-2019, 08:07 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Nope, not at all...The Law was not added because of transgression...The new covenant is spoken of in Jeremiah 31, detailing who it is for...
What Jeremiah did was recognize the failure of law to found community. Who he thought it was for has no effect on what Christ did in establishing the real foundation of community in that concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation that is the basis of communion between God and man as well as man to one another.

Old 05-26-2019, 09:54 AM

421 posts, read 153,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
Who here is sinning?

How would you know?

If you did know, how would it be any of your business?

The same chapter of Romans (14) that says that I can esteem one day above another if I chose (or not, if I chose) also says "Who are you to judge another man's servant? It is before his own master that he stands or falls."

If I sin, I will learn by reaping what I sow and I won't do it again. It's marvelous, the freedom of Jesus.

"Hold fast in the liberty with which Christ has made you free, and don't become entangled again with the yoke of bondage." It's good advice. I think I'll do it.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:20 AM

421 posts, read 153,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That's pretty amazing to be honest, the law was not given to condemn but to cause us to seek the solution, and when we seek something what we seek actually is seeking us........ then guess who shows up ? Jesus Christ, who incidentally is the rest of God. The sabbath of God is seeking us. How about them apples you bibleans?.
Yep. The Bible is the story of the evolution of human understanding of the nature of God, and His mercy to lead us into greater understanding. He never changes. He has always been who Jesus is, but our understanding of Him has been primitive at best.

One day all creation will be delivered from the bondage of decay into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Old 05-26-2019, 10:30 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Yep. The Bible is the story of the evolution of human understanding of the nature of God, and His mercy to lead us into greater understanding. He never changes. He has always been who Jesus is, but our understanding of Him has been primitive at best.

One day all creation will be delivered from the bondage of decay into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Old 05-26-2019, 12:33 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Who here is sinning?

How would you know?

If you did know, how would it be any of your business?

The same chapter of Romans (14) that says that I can esteem one day above another if I chose (or not, if I chose) also says "Who are you to judge another man's servant? It is before his own master that he stands or falls."

If I sin, I will learn by reaping what I sow and I won't do it again. It's marvelous, the freedom of Jesus.

"Hold fast in the liberty with which Christ has made you free, and don't become entangled again with the yoke of bondage." It's good advice. I think I'll do it.
The same freedom exists under Judaism...

Old 05-26-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What Jeremiah did was recognize the failure of law to found community. Who he thought it was for has no effect on what Christ did in establishing the real foundation of community in that concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation that is the basis of communion between God and man as well as man to one another.
And that’s exactly how Jews see it...

Old 05-26-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
As in telling them they can't eat cheeseburgers?
That’s for us, not you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity