Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 05:48 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
But, there is something in a name when it comes to worshiping our God.
Have you ever done a GOOGLE search for the real name of Jesus?
Jesus had a nice name, but I sure have never heard it used very much...

Thats why I tend to not believe that this or that name is any more "Christian" that other names.

In the end, you just got to have faith that God will understand who you are praying to, even if you totally mixed up his name...

Ever listen to a your child pray when they are missing a few teeth?
Think God is up in heaven all stumped and asking for the angels help in understanding who that "YeeaYteth" is that my daughter is praying to?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:30 PM

341 posts, read 689,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
No, it dont...

It dont make my house a Catholic church,
No matter what the sign says.
The sign is moot.

Now you may try to argue that "It should mean something"

Im just saying that it means nothing.

This is also why many Christians sit hidden in Mormon churches, in Buddhist Temples and in the Islamic mosque.
The Christian church cant be found just because of a sign on a door...
Again The Church is the people. If you are meeting in a house you are a church. In your opinion what does the scripture mean "The Churches of Christ salute you"

Old 06-08-2009, 06:32 PM

Also Alan if a sign at a building says Churches of Christ meet here are they wrong? Are there saved christians inside?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerdog View Post
So is all the churches that doesn't take it every Sunday wrong?
That would be for God to judge, but I have to use my own judgement for my salvation and when it says the first day of the week I'm going to assume it's every 1st day of the week and not try to determine what God meant. Do you think it's wrong to take it every week? And if not why would you want to do it any other way.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
Also Alan if a sign at a building says Churches of Christ meet here are they wrong? Are there saved christians inside?
The sign is moot, If a person is saved it is only because the individual has entered into a relationship with their lord where salvation is the result.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
You can worship God anywhere.
Inside the Sistine Chapel
Outside on a lake.
In outer space.
Under water.
In bed.
In a Mormom church, on the roof of a buddhist temple....anywhere.

As long as the God you worship is the one true God, you are going to find that:
Wherever you are, is a place of worship.
Whatever you are doing, is an act of worship.
Okay?

So to answer your question:
I have to first tell you that I dont know what the term " the god of the moon" means?
But as long as the "God of the moon" is the same Trinity God of the Bible I got no problem with it.
There is nothing wrong with people calling him "God of the moon"...after all, My Lord is said to be the Lord of the Heavens and the earth...

So MY ANSWER IS "YES"
Here's another question for you. Should people know you are a Christian when you worship? And if so if you are worshipping in a Buddist temple then how would anyone know you were a christian?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Yes,
This is all Im saying...

True worship of god is not based on a sign in the lawn
True worship does not need a type of building, or a type of English sign to begin.

All you need is a heart willing to listen to the Lord and to allow the Lord to bring you closer to him.
I agree. Now how do I know where I want to worship?

Old 06-08-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
That would be for God to judge, but I have to use my own judgement for my salvation and when it says the first day of the week I'm going to assume it's every 1st day of the week and not try to determine what God meant. Do you think it's wrong to take it every week? And if not why would you want to do it any other way.
The day you go to church is moot
The day you eat the Holy meal, is moot.
The day you dont go to work and sit around the house in your PJs, is moot.

Some Christians feel they have to go to church on one day over other days.
Some Christians think that must rest from work on one day and not others.

I dont care...
To each his own.

I go to church at a mid-week service
I wish the church wine was Port, but they only use grapejuice...."GrapeJuice?!"....
But thats the way life is...

While I feel free to go to church and rest on whatever day I think is best, the Bible teaches that I should not rub my freedoms in the face of brothers who are yet still bound under rules and traditions.

So while I consider the day of worship moot, I try to respect the views that are different.

Last edited by alanMolstad; 06-08-2009 at 07:02 PM..

Old 06-08-2009, 06:52 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
"You are in error , and have misunderstood my point." Right back at you.....
And no...I do not "see" .....

I am becoming more and more convinced you are posting here only to annoy those who are members of the church that Christ suffered and died for.

And you sure are hung up on that word "moot" !!!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I agree. Now how do I know where I want to worship?
While the act of worship is something you should do at all times and in all places, if you are asking "What denomination should I go to?, thats a very personal thing.

What advice I can give you is that I have been to about every Christian denomiation in the phone book and I have seen first hand that the Spirit of God is there.

I also have learned that it is foolish to think that God can only bless you if you find the one and only church that you are in agreement with.
The truth is that many Christians attend a church that is a compromise between several issues.

I guess this all shows the heart of the idea Im talking about that the name on the sign out in the yard is a moot point.
The only important matter to be concerned with is the teachings inside the door of the church, and the effect of such teachings on the members.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity