Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2009, 02:45 PM

241 posts, read 379,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I agree with you 100%. Thank you for understanding what I was saying.
Yes, ma'am sis.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:22 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times
Quote:
I think it's very sad that some members are so afraid of "sounding" or "looking" like other denominations that they withdraw so much.

There is nothing unscriptural about having a relationship with Jesus. If you think so, don't have one with Him. I for one am glad I am finally realizing it's ok to do so.

"other denominations" ?????

Anyway, I do not think you read my previous post about a person's relationship with Jesus!!! Please go back and reread the second paragraph of my 9:46 AM post. If that is saying I do not have a 'relationship' with Jesus....... well, I just do not know what it is saying!!!

To reiterate: I believe that God, and His Son, are with me every minute of the day...if that is not a closeness with them, I do not know what is. I believe that I have the gift of the Spirit as promised for all who are baptized into Christ.
I see the hand of God in all things. I do not feel that I have to go to a special place to talk to God, because he is with me and in me always!
So, you see, you do not have to feel sorry for me, and I shall continue to speak as the oracles of God.
I have hopes of soon being with Him....

Old 06-12-2009, 03:42 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towhee View Post
"other denominations" ?????

Anyway, I do not think you read my previous post about a person's relationship with Jesus!!! Please go back and reread the second paragraph of my 9:46 AM post. If that is saying I do not have a 'relationship' with Jesus....... well, I just do not know what it is saying!!!

To reiterate: I believe that God, and His Son, are with me every minute of the day...if that is not a closeness with them, I do not know what is. I believe that I have the gift of the Spirit as promised for all who are baptized into Christ.
I see the hand of God in all things. I do not feel that I have to go to a special place to talk to God, because he is with me and in me always!
So, you see, you do not have to feel sorry for me, and I shall continue to speak as the oracles of God.
I have hopes of soon being with Him....
That should have been, looking like A denomination.

I don't feel sorry for you. I didn't mean to imply that. I just don't understand why you first stated you don't know what having a relationship with Jesus was.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:43 PM

341 posts, read 689,227 times
If we say that we have a relationship with Jesus, what does that mean. I had a relationship with my first husband. It was a bad one. I think that's why we need to choose our words carefully. I have a relationship with Satan. Not a good one.
Another thing. What's up with "This church does not meet my needs" Since when do we go to church to have our needs met. Most of the time when I hear this term they are referring to their social needs. We need to be there because God told us to be. I believe I need to be in close comminication with Jesus. I need to think of him in any decisions I make. He needs me to be in church to worship him.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:47 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post
If we say that we have a relationship with Jesus, what does that mean. I had a relationship with my first husband. It was a bad one. I think that's why we need to choose our words carefully. I have a relationship with Satan. Not a good one.
So how would you word it, if not to say, I have a personal relationship with Jesus?

Quote:
Another thing. What's up with "This church does not meet my needs" Since when do we go to church to have our needs met. Most of the time when I hear this term they are referring to their social needs. We need to be there because God told us to be. I believe I need to be in close comminication with Jesus. I need to think of him in any decisions I make. He needs me to be in church to worship him.
I agree totally.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:41 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,104,406 times
Quote:
So how would you word it,.
I like to think of my personal relationship with Jesus as a close "friendship" between brothers.

Someone who is in my life, is always there with me, and who helps me see past painfull moments and to remind me of the Christian Path we both walk.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:42 PM

341 posts, read 689,227 times
Quote:
So how would you word it, if not to say, I have a personal relationship with Jesus?

I agree totally.
Maybe Jesus Christ is my savior, but nothing wrong with the relationship thing either.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:09 PM

4 posts, read 5,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4beanie View Post

correction 4beanie, JESUS doesnt "need" us to be in church. but He does want us to gather together upon the first day of the week to worship in HIS name(thats one way of showing our love for HIM).The church will go on wether we are there or not.. WE NEED JESUS. our being is not as significant as we would like to think. JESUS will be JESUS wether we are there or not. His doctorine and commandments will go on forever, so will THE CHURCH. HE'S so awesome. and im glad you got rid of that husband. perhaps he was the devil..lol.

Last edited by shawnnyj; 06-24-2009 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: mispelled words.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:18 PM

1. Acts 11:26
    and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.
    Acts 11:25-27 (in Context) Acts 11 (Whole Chapter)

Old 06-24-2009, 11:21 PM

Unhappy uh wait a minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher c. Sr. View Post
sure you can worship god anywhere, but when you say on a buddhist temple and as long as the god you worship is the one true god, then it's fine. When you say that, then you give everyone the opportunity to worship the god that they believe in which means that there will be more than one god. Somebody will be wrong. Everybody cannot be right.

you can be on a buddist temple but you cant be worshiping GOD with buddism..that is not GOD'S doctorine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.