Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 08:28 PM

758 posts, read 851,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
What?! A preposterous claim is not something that is fact! Again, there is no belief in science. You do not need it. You can read the countless journal articles and pieces written about each and every theory and fact.

Now that is a preposterous claim.

This is getting silly now. What promises would science make exactly? The second part is one of the stupidest things i've ever read.

No they don't. Show me evidence for this, again absurd claim!

Look at my previous posts regarding the Big Bang. Post #51. The one you need to respond too. By reading those links you would realise everything you are typing is complete nonsense.

Here is you equation though.. The Age of the Universe

What on earth are you saying?! Are you saying facts and evidence is not proof? Are you saying that, seriously?

And they trust you to do this job?! How has nobody died. Oh, and this example is nothing like what we are discussing.

So you know there is eternal life do you? Please present your findings as a nobel prize would be on your way if you really can.

Again, the equation is above. And I don't have to do anything, you have repeatedly asked for something that is frankly stupid.

Not only is this one of the most hypocritical things I have ever read. You can't claim someone is hijacking a thread if you are discussing away from the topic as well, can you, pal?! It's just another way for you to deviate from the posts we were discussing. Posts #51, #62 and #89. You have failed to come up with anything for any of them. Strange as I only posted one today and you instead replied to the one below, which wasn't directed towards you.

If this was what you actually wanted to say, and not complimenting me, then it would be the most ironic things this forum has ever seen. Sadly, you put 'haven't'.

This is the end of any discussion I will have on this subject (As now this one is done to death) unless you go back and reply to posts #51, #62 and #89. I know you're slow but you're 50 posts slow on one of them.

The only thing I shall reply to you with is this "Please respond to posts #51, #62 and #89 before getting my response".
Well Matt - you are a much better man than I am - YOU ARE THE TOPS !

I admit it. Ok. Is that what you want to hear - then you are 100% right! Ok ??

Your list of demands is amazing! You won't give me what I want - but you demand I give you everything you want .

You are right & I am wrong. you are the tops! You got it all figured out!

Congratulations you should seriously write a book for the world to read! You have very important revelations to share with the world on what you believe in.

I am sorry Matt - I don't believe any of it. I believe in Jesus Christ!

The only barrier to the truth is the assumption YOU already have it.

Post $51 # 62 & # 89 EVERYTHING you said is correct

Everything I said is wrong !

Do you actually thing i am going to type for 3hours to answer all that nonsense you wrote. I lost count of the amount of questions on # 51

I have many up to date books on science - quantum physics. My favorite book is written by 50 Scientists who all hold Phd's . I've read many books by Sir Issac Newton -

So the fact of the whole rant by you is that you cannot provide me with a simple mathematical formula

show me one formula - YOU CAN'T - Mathematics is the sum of numbers which express the truth.

Post # 62 - How would God know what day it was if there was no sun??

You seriously Matt need to learn how to read! If you cannot figure out why the evening & the morning were the first day - then you need your head examined!

And the evening & the morning (became) the 2nd day
And the evening & the morning (became) the 3rd day

You "paint" God as an absolute idiot and you throw the same insults to me - non-stop harassment by posts and 22 private messages are driving me nucking futz !

Lets face it - you just don't believe anything God has to say !

You cannot even provide me with ONE PROMISE - from any scientist.

I have over 9,000 promises from God!

Yet you say in all your profound wisdom : >

2000 years ago? no one was around to do the counting of the years of our lord ? 2014 A.D.

Quote:
This is brilliant. Of course the obvious answer is that no one was around to start the counting. And even when homo sap showed up some 200,000 years ago, as a species we were not well educated. We couldn't even count the number of toes on our feet back then. Heck we could do no more than grunt at each other and pick lice out of each other's hair.
ROFLMAO !! How did I ever miss that priceless gem from you ??

Matt - I got a question - What are "they" feeding you ?

Quote:
Now, go back and answer the points I raised regarding the Big Bang. You seem to have missed that. You've changed the entire discussion in 2 posts, which is crazy, as there are multiple journals and links for you to disprove. Or, I guess it was your acceptance of being wrong.
Yes I am wrong Matt - you are RIGHT!!

You are the product of a BIG BANG for no apparent reason or for any apparent purpose!

I guess our only purpose in life - as you said it so brilliantly is "to pick lice out of each other's hair"!

How did God know which day of the week it was?

Well Matt - that has to be - the greatest question of all time.!!

Scientists can peer backwards 13 thousands of millions of years - But God can't possibly figure out which day of the week (He is creating).

And the evening & the morning were the "first day"

And the evening & the morning were the "second day"

And the evening & the morning were the "third day"

And the evening & the morning were the "fourth day"

And he called the "Light - Day"

Quote:
Without a sun then there is no light! Don't you get that! Without a sun, there wouldn't be sunset or sunrise, so there wouldn't be morning or evening.
God said: Let there be light - (before day one matt). Mr. Matt - Lets go back to the beginiing OK?

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Matt - you have proof of Nothing - The only thing you have proven to me is that: you cannot read with any comprehension
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 09:00 PM

591 posts, read 928,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Well Matt - you are a much better man than I am - YOU ARE THE TOPS !

I admit it. Ok. Is that what you want to hear - then you are 100% right! Ok ??

Your list of demands is amazing! You won't give me what I want - but you demand I give you everything you want .
I gave you what you asked for and still you refuse to accept anything. Every single time you have asked me to give you evidence. The Big bang, the age of the universe and the Gregorian calender as well as you taking multiple posts out of context which I have had to correct, I have done. Yet, I ask you a few simple questions to prove points you made and you have a hissy fit! Grow up! Either back your claims up, or don't make them.

Quote:
You are right & I am wrong. you are the tops! You got it all figured out!

Congratulations you should seriously write a book for the world to read! You have very important revelations to share with the world on what you believe in.
There are hundreds of books on these subjects already, I am simply relaying the information. No new information is here, except your baffling claims.

Quote:
Post $51 # 62 & # 89 EVERYTHING you said is correct

Everything I said is wrong !
That's a very good comment.

Quote:
Do you actually thing i am going to type for 3hours to answer all that nonsense you wrote. I lost count of the amount of questions on # 51
Facts aren't nonsense, and the questions were simply asking you to prove the points you claimed, if you can't do that, or simply answer a single one, you clearly have no argument.

Quote:
I have many up to date books on science - quantum physics. My favorite book is written by 50 Scientists who all hold Phd's .
Then, you clearly haven't read any of them.

Quote:
I've read many books by Sir Issac Newton -

So the fact of the whole rant by you is that you cannot provide me with a simple mathematical formula

show me one formula - YOU CAN'T - Mathematics is the sum of numbers which express the truth.
I showed you the equation. Click the link, it is that simple!!

Quote:
Post # 62 - How would God know what day it was if there was no sun??

You seriously Matt need to learn how to read! If you cannot figure out why the evening & the morning were the first day - then you need your head examined!

And the evening & the morning (became) the 2nd day
And the evening & the morning (became) the 3rd day
You seriously need to go to school and learn something. The Bible is not a source for evidence. The fact you ironically laugh off facts and evidence from credible scientists, yet provide me with Bible quotes is pathetic. I will say it one more time for you, as you aren't very clever at all. YOU CAN'T HAVE MORNING OR EVENING WITHOUT THE SUN. You see, it rises and it sets. That is what morning and evening is, the sun rising, and the sun setting. Do you understand that?! 3 year olds know this! Yet you at 70+ don't?

Quote:
You "paint" God as an absolute idiot and you throw the same insults to me - non-stop harassment by posts and 22 private messages are driving me nucking futz !
I paint YOU to be an absolute idiot. The reason I sent you THREE PM's is to ask you to discuss the topics at hand and to STOP DEVIATING, which you have been doing. I haven't insulted you once. You have however been insulting intelligence and have lowered the IQ level of this forum down massively.

Quote:
Lets face it - you just don't believe anything God has to say !
No, I don't accept anything written in the Bible to be true.

Quote:
You cannot even provide me with ONE PROMISE - from any scientist.
Because science doesn't have to promise anything, it doesn't state it does, and the fact you believe it does, shows you have the brain of an infant.

Quote:
I have over 9,000 promises from God!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA But, you don't! PROVE ONE!! You have no evidence for one never mind 9000. I'm sorry.... give me 5 minutes to finish the rest. This is the craziest thing I've ever seen. I may send this to a mental health doctor. See if he can examine that wacky brain of yours.

Quote:
Yet you say in all your profound wisdom : >

2000 years ago? no one was around to do the counting of the years of our lord ? 2014 A.D.
Again, you have taken a comment out of context. Once again! Go back and quote what I actually said please. You'll find how wrong you are.

Quote:
ROFLMAO !! How did I ever miss that priceless gem from you ??

Matt - I got a question - What are "they" feeding you ?
Knowledge and common sense. It's different from brainwashing and stupidity.

Quote:
Yes I am wrong Matt - you are RIGHT!!

You are the product of a BIG BANG for no apparent reason or for any apparent purpose!
Now you're getting it.

Quote:
I guess our only purpose in life - as you said it so brilliantly is "to pick lice out of each other's hair"!
When did I say that? I see quotation marks, but I don't see that comment anywhere! Again, you are making false remarks. You are very good at that!

Quote:
How did God know which day of the week it was?
I never asked this you complete tool! You just can't stop making things up!

Quote:
Well Matt - that has to be - the greatest question of all time.!!

Scientists can peer backwards 13 thousands of millions of years - But God can't possibly figure out which day of the week (He is creating).

And the evening & the morning were the "first day"

And the evening & the morning were the "second day"

And the evening & the morning were the "third day"

And the evening & the morning were the "fourth day"

And he called the "Light - Day"
We've been over this so many damn times. If it isn't sinking in, you need to seek help! Show me evidence outside of the Bible, this is something I have asked for on countless occasions, and you can't. You throw nonsense back at me from the Bible. As I have said, also countless times. IT IS NOT A CREDIBLE SOURCE. Google what that is.

Quote:
God said: Let there be light - (before day one matt). Mr. Matt - Lets go back to the beginiing OK?

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
And he created the Sun on day 4! Correct. Therefore the first 4 days could have had no light! This is FACT! Therefore, the first 4 days could have no morning. FACT! Therefore the first 4 days could have no evening! FACT! You were under the impression Bic lighters were around at the time, as well as LEDs. You're comical.

Quote:
Matt - you have proof of Nothing - The only thing you have proven to me is that: you cannot read with any comprehension
The difference between you and me. I have provided you with sources, links, facts and evidence. I have answered your idiotic, frankly infant questions and comments, yet all you have provided is the same 3 sentences from the Bible which is.....(drum roll).... not a credible source, and there is no evidence to back any of it up.

My comprehension could be terrible, but I'm not the one taking comments out of context, making up false quotes and not reading anything anyone else has put.

This is the end of this discussion for me. You have clearly answered those 3 posts to the best of you ability, and my 4 year old cousin could have done a better job. There is nothing left to discuss, and I will leave it now for the others to make their minds up on what has been said. Frankly, I have shown this to several people who have almost wet themselves hysterically at your comments. As you say though, WE have taken this off topic, and it needs to return back to that. So no more from me. No doubt I will discuss things in the future with you on another thread, but this one has been great. Eusebius, if you managed to read down this far, you are Einstein compared to Atkutuq. At least you attempt to provide evidence and sources, he can't even do that!

Have a good evening!

Old 02-21-2014, 09:04 PM

Goodbye Matt! Keep your promise!

Old 02-21-2014, 09:12 PM

You always have to have the last word.

Back on topic now:

We all have free will, but we are involuntarily being controlled by the government, the media and advertising. Sadly, that's the way of the world.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
You always have to have the last word.

Back on topic now:

We all have free will, but we are involuntarily being controlled by the government, the media and advertising. Sadly, that's the way of the world.
The bible says something completely different and it has been covered in depth on this thread.

The flesh lusts against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh so that you cannot do the things you wish.

You were banned for 3 days - but you wouldn't accept that so you hounded me with demands!

You couldn't resist the urge to prove you are the most exceptional person on this entire forum!

I guess you want/need that prize money eh? good luck in your vain quest.

As for me and my house - we shall serve the Lord.

Old 02-21-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
The bible says something completely different and it has been covered in depth on this thread.

The flesh lusts against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh so that you cannot do the things you wish.

You were banned for 3 days - but you wouldn't accept that so you hounded me with demands!

You couldn't resist the urge to prove you are the most exceptional person on this entire forum!

I guess you want/need that prize money eh? good luck in your vain quest.

As for me and my house - we shall serve the Lord.
What are you going on about now?! Get a grip and grow up! (I just found an ignore list, my C-D experience is enjoyable once again)

Back to Topic... again

Old 02-21-2014, 09:23 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Oh I see how this works - You believe what someone else said; but you have never proven yourself - you are (by faith) believing these preposterous claims.

Well Matt - good for you!

I just happen to believe in the Words of Jesus Christ who rose from the dead.

Ok... I trust in Him.. & the "promises" he made. Did any scientists make you any promises matt?

Which scientist rose from the dead ? any of them yet ??

I have tested the Word of God - I have all the proof I need! The promises Jesus make - Work! Not only for me for countless millions all over the world.

Until you can show me some forumla (mathematical) where you got this insance idea that the earth is 13 billions of years old.

Show me the mathematical forumla that you use - Or - are you just spouting by blind faith what someone else claims but has no proof.

I work in a very "disciplined" dangerous field - High Voltage - 25,000 volts and upwards to 100,000 volts.

We can't take anyone's word - ever - We always have to prove - that cable is dead! We don't rely on one test - we have several methods to find out if indeed the circuit is alive or dead.

If I make one small mistake @ work - PEOPLE DIE!

SomeOne promised me - eternal life. I had to check this out to find out if was true! I was so happy to find out indeed it is the TRUTH.

Sir Issac Newton was one of the greatest scientists that ever lived. I have read much of his works and he indeed was passionate about the bible.

He was a professor of Mathematics

Show me the mathematics Mr. northern Matt

This thread you keep hyjacking to prove your points about Science is not the topic under discussion here Matt - please read the Terms of Service again - Just in case you don't understand what I am talking about. OK ?

I guess in all honesty - you haven't learned nothing yet.
Plenty of hot air above.

And no substance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity