Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 11:11 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,527,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrospokane View Post
Just to clarify, police chaplains still can wear lapel pins to advertise religious affiliation, same as in the military.
Well, we will just have to do something about that! How dare they display a religious symbol while on duty! Why, why, this is simply a legal loophole and can’t be tolerated! Some poor Atheist will be forced to believe in God if he or she should even lay eyes upon such a thing. Say nothing about the dire consequences should a Vampire be subjected to such a sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 12:07 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,545,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeantL View Post
Well, we will just have to do something about that! How dare they display a religious symbol while on duty! Why, why, this is simply a legal loophole and can’t be tolerated! Some poor Atheist will be forced to believe in God if he or she should even lay eyes upon such a thing. Say nothing about the dire consequences should a Vampire be subjected to such a sight.
Thanks for the laugh Serge..My kids used to make the finger sign of the cross everytime they asked,"whats for supper, Mom" and I said "leftovers"

Old 12-17-2007, 05:08 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,080,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
How many people in the United States today practice such religions?? According to that article, most of the other examples were from ancient religions - primarily in Egypt, Rome, and Great Britain. Here & now, the cross represents Christianity.
I honestly don't know.. I was just stating that a cross doesn't automatically mean "Christian".

What if the horizontal bar was lowered to be like this.. + does that make it any different? Cause then you have the Red Cross symbol..

Old 12-17-2007, 05:44 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,159,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
I can't accept the fact anybody is athiest or agnostic, they are just confused and maybe have been offended by somebody in a church, or they are angry because a loved one died.
I'm an atheist/agnostic and I think your assessment is dead wrong. Most of the people I know are non-religious and we didn't have a bad experience in church. We just don't believe. You can't force yourself to believe no matter how much you try...you either do or you don't. Some atheists and agnostics do "find religion" but it's not because they've "opened their hearts"...it's usually because of some major trauma or other significant event in their lives that made them believe.

Firm atheists and agnostics have often tried very hard to believe in god and to follow a religion, but those that have have given up because their hearts aren't in it; they don't believe in it; and most of us are respectful enough of religion to not participate in it if we think it's BS. That includes having children baptized to please family members, since it would involve a lot of lying...and getting married in a church, because it's disrespectful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity