Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2014, 02:25 PM

441 posts, read 393,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel A. Pettinicchio View Post
The Rapture is not in the Bible. If it were it wouldn't have taken 1800 or so years to find it.

It is a new tradition of man.

The word Rapture is connected to the Latin word rapiemur, which appears in Paul’s first letter to the Thessalonians in the Latin Vulgate translation of the Bible. It means to be raised up or caught up:
The dead in Christ will rise first; then we who are alive, who are left, shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so we shall always be with the Lord. (1 Thess. 4:16–17)
Therefore, Catholics believe that those Christians who are still living at the Second Coming of Christ will be gathered together with those who have died in Christ to be forever with the Lord. Catholics do not generally use the term Rapture, nor do they believe in a Rapture that will take place some time before the Second Coming, as do many Evangelicals.

The Bible very clearly speaks of a very elect, a many membered body, being ". . . caught up unto God, and to his throne." Revelation 12:5 (KJV) Where do you place that in your thinking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2014, 03:03 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,994,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref View Post
The Bible very clearly speaks of a very elect, a many membered body, being ". . . caught up unto God, and to his throne." Revelation 12:5 (KJV) Where do you place that in your thinking?
Obviously I'm not Gabriel A. Pettinicchio, but, if I may, I would like to answer your question, but first I need to know what you mean by the words: "a very elect, a many membered body"

Old 04-04-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Obviously I'm not Gabriel A. Pettinicchio, but, if I may, I would like to answer your question, but first I need to know what you mean by the words: "a very elect, a many membered body"
The Body of Christ comprised of "serious" Christians within the visible church; those who really have abandoned their lives to made complete in Him; folk who, He will in that day, not be ashamed to call them His brothers who will rule and reign with Him over all nations with a rod of iron".

(Heb 2:10-13). Revelation 12:5 (KJV)

Last edited by Croref; 04-04-2014 at 04:17 PM..

Old 04-04-2014, 03:34 PM

9,697 posts, read 10,050,503 times
During the second coming of Christ all flesh in the earth will be expired , as it is the end of the liberal authority against God ..... SO then Jesus bring the priest of God of Christ back to the earth and inhabits it for thousand years were the nations that come out of the priest will be deceived no more for thousand years ....... So do you pray , and have answers from Jesus to have a witness of being a priest to come back and start a renewal of the earth ............From Revelations 20 the Priest of God will come back and rule in Christ where there will be no demons or fallen angels or devil or powers of darkness spirits in the earth as they will be locked up in the abyss for thousand years ..... See the priests are the ones who go through the rapture with Jesus .... Pray to Jesus and become a priest of Christ ministering to the Lord today !....

Old 04-04-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
The Body of Christ comprised of "serious" Christians within the visible church; those who really have abandoned the lives to made complete in Him; folk who, He will in that day, not be ashamed to call His brothers who will rule and reign with Him over all nations with a rod of iron".

(Heb 2:10-13). Revelation 12:5 (KJV)
So you are saying the 'man child' in Rev. 12:5 is the same as "my brethren" in Hebrews? How do you reconcile these two 'men' to be the same?

Heb. 2:
10 ¶ For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

Rev. 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Old 04-04-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
So you are saying the 'man child' in Rev. 12:5 is the same as "my brethren" in Hebrews? How do you reconcile these two 'men' to be the same?

Heb. 2:
10 ¶ For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

Rev. 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

The man-child is a multi-membered body of people birthed by the visible church, the "woman". I believe it can be safely assumed that "brethren" intimates more than one.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
The man-child is a multi-membered body of people birthed by the visible church, the "woman". I believe it can be safely assumed that "brethren" intimates more than one.
When I asked how you reconcile the 'man child' to mean "brethren" I meant have you found Scripture to explain Scripture? This is the only 'safe' way to give a meaning/definition to words. If we don't let Scripture 'define' Itself then we can come up with all kinds of meanings. So to find out who this man child is we need to find other places these same words are used

Here's the words 'man child' in the OT:
Ge 17:10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.

Ge 17:12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

Ge 17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

Jud 13:8 Then Manoah intreated the LORD, and said, O my Lord, let the man of God which thou didst send come again unto us, and teach us what we shall do unto the child that shall be born.

1Sa 1:11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.

Job 3:3 Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived.

Isa 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
Note it means just that; a male child

Here's the same words in the NT:
Re 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Re 12:13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
First notice the 'she/her' in v. 5 and "the woman" in v. 13. To help us identify who the 'man child' is we need to determine who the woman is. Mary? Elisabeth? An angel? Instead of naming 'names' we need to look for passages that involves a woman, and a child who rules/rod/iron.

So we can eliminate Mary. Why? Yes, she gave birth to a man child, Christ, but upon His birth He wasn't caught up to God's Throne. And after he is caught up and rules, the woman flees to the wilderness.So when was Christ 'caught up to heaven?' After His death and resurrection. And when does the 'woman' flee to the wilderness? Before the GT.

Here's another clue, Psa.2:
9 You [Christ]shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. So now, allowing Scripture to interpret Scripture we see the man child is Christ the King. But now who's the woman? To find the answer we need more info concerning 'being caught up to heaven.'

Acts 2:32-36
This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses. Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing. For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he himself says, “‘The Lord said to my Lord, *Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool.” Let all the house of Israel therefore know for certain that God has made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you crucified.”
* quoted from Psa. 110:1 and also quoted by Christ about Himself in Matt. 22:44.So putting this all together we can determine Christ 'came into his inheritance as King' when God raised Him from the dead, and 'caught him up to heaven' to sit at the R Hand on the throne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croref
Quote:
So to answer your question above,The man child is Christ, not a 'multi-membered body of people birthed by the visible church' and there is no body of believers mentioned in these passages being "caught up to heaven."

Last edited by mshipmate; 04-04-2014 at 07:28 PM..

Old 04-04-2014, 08:29 PM

296 posts, read 238,958 times
Quote:

Rev. 11:15-19 states:

15 10 Then the seventh angel blew his trumpet. There were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdom of the world now belongs to our Lord and to his Anointed, and he will reign forever and ever." 16 The twenty-four elders who sat on their thrones before God prostrated themselves and worshiped God 17 and said: "We give thanks to you, Lord God almighty, who are and who were. For you have assumed your great power and have established your reign. 18 The nations raged, but your wrath has come, and the time for the dead to be judged, and to recompense your servants, the prophets, and the holy ones and those who fear your name, the small and the great alike, and to destroy those who destroy the earth." 19 Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant could be seen in the temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder, an earthquake, and a violent hailstorm.

Clearly here it is talking about the kingdom of Heaven as the Temple. The Ark of the Covenant is the vessel of the word of God. Jesus is the Word made flesh. Mary was and is the new Ark of the Covenant.

Rev. 12:1-5 states:

1 1 A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman 2 clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. 2 She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth. 3 3 Then another sign appeared in the sky; it was a huge red dragon, 4 with seven heads and ten horns, and on its heads were seven diadems. 4 Its tail swept away a third of the stars in the sky and hurled them down to the earth. Then the dragon stood before the woman about to give birth, to devour her child when she gave birth. 5 She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod. 5 Her child was caught up to God and his throne.

These verses come immediately after Rev. 11:19. The child that was born is Jesus. Who gave birth to Jesus? The Blessed Virgin Mary did. She as the new Ark of the Covenant had to be most holy and the new Ark was lifted up into the Heavenly Temple.

Another thing. There is no evidence in scripture of what so ever that material objects of earth have been assumed into Heaven. There has only been human flesh that have assumed or ascended, such as Elijah and Jesus. So, in other words in order for the prophesy of Rev. 11:19 could be fullfilled is through the human flesh of Mary. Notice also how Rev. 11:19 states the "Ark of his Covenant" istead of the "Ark of the Covenant."

You kids are knocking yourself out trying to figure out this & everything else in the Good Book ... when it has already been done for you

Old 04-04-2014, 09:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,420,357 times
I hope Adam, or mankind wakes up soon:

"Everything you need to know, already reside within you."

Old 04-04-2014, 10:16 PM

18,256 posts, read 16,970,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The reason it was "unheard of" before 1830 is because the idea is complete nonsense. It's not biblical in the least, perverts the scriptures and is heresy in the first degree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel A. Pettinicchio View Post
The Rapture is not in the Bible. If it were it wouldn't have taken 1800 or so years to find it.

It is a new tradition of man.
Thank God a modicum of reason still resides with men.

In as plain English as I can muster:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE RAPTURE! IT IS A COMPLETELY MAN-MADE DOCTRINE BASED ON VAGUE, HORRIBLY MISINTERPRETED STATEMENTS SUPPOSEDLY SPOKEN BY JESUS AND PAUL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity