Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: As a Christian, what are your views on evolution?
Evolution is a secular theory put forth to replace the creation account in the Bible 15 19.74%
There is some scientific evidence to support evolution 4 5.26%
Evolution is nothing more than adaptation, that is, the God given ability for life to change/adapt to its environment 24 31.58%
I believe in most/all of the evolution theory 33 43.42%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 01:07 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You are not a Christian and your vote doesn't count.
Wrong. Again/stil.

I accepted evolution as fact when I was still a practicing Christian and voted accordingly.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:15 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Well let's face it, Jesus was not a scientist. He was going off the dogma he'd been taught. He was a good, obedient Jew and would not have argued that the Torah was wrong, in fact he often referenced the Torah in his teachings, as you've shown here.

But a scientist, he was not. And even if he'd been a scientist of his time, he still would have lacked the enormous quantity of knowledge we have amassed since that time.

By the way, you asked whether I'm atheist/agnostic...you have asked me this before...yes, I am an agnostic - well, on an expansive day. Generally, I do not believe in God at all.
And just how do you know Jesus wasn't a scientist? I'd like to see you create the heavens and earth.

He was going by the truth He Himself gave to Moses as to Adam and Eve being created male and female.

I bet He could turn the tables on any modern scientist.

But again, we are met with a dilemma: Do you trust you who have no proof of what you propose or do we trust Him who is the Truth?

Old 04-14-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
...snip...

But again, we are met with a dilemma: Do you trust you who have no proof of what you propose or do we trust Him who is the Truth?
What you mean Eusie, is do we trust mountains of evidence compiled by tens of thousands of scientists around the world - or do we believe you - the person who says there were dinosaurs on the ark a mere 6000 years ago, when the Himalayas were mere earth pimples, and that Noah invented freeze-dried food?

Hmmm...tough one....

Old 04-14-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
What you mean Eusie, is do we trust mountains of evidence compiled by tens of thousands of scientists around the world - or do we believe you - the person who says there were dinosaurs on the ark a mere 6000 years ago, when the Himalayas were mere earth pimples, and that Noah invented freeze-dried food?

Hmmm...tough one....

Just where did I ever state there were dinosaurs on the ark? Please quit lying about me.

I would trust Jesus any day over fallible humans whose science changes from year to year.

I'm kind of curious TroutDude, you seem to have tons of posts of little quips making fun of people. Is that your goal in life to go
through life as some drive-by quipster who never really enters into engaging communication?

Old 04-14-2014, 01:31 PM

16,677 posts, read 15,680,560 times
Quote:

Hmmm...tough one....

I missed that part about the dinosaurs. Did Eusie say they were walking the earth with ancient mankind? I thought it was pretty conclusive that the dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I missed that part about the dinosaurs. Did Eusie say they were walking the earth with ancient mankind? I thought it was pretty conclusive that the dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago.
Yep, most likely during the first eon between Genesis 1:1 to 1:2.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Just where did I ever state there were dinosaurs on the ark? Please quit lying about me.

I would trust Jesus any day over fallible humans whose science changes from year to year.

I'm kind of curious TroutDude, you seem to have tons of posts of little quips making fun of people. Is that your goal in life to go
through life as some drive-by quipster who never really enters into engaging communication?
If it was another fundamentalist who said that about the dinosaurs and not you, I apologize.

But you and your confreres have said so many ridiculous things that it's hard to keep track of who said what.

As to my goal being delivering quips that poke fun?

You're close. One of my goals during my highly enjoyable retirement is to confront ignorance and lies.

Sometimes that requires holding a mirror up to the silly things that people say.

Unfortunately for you I suppose, you say more silly things than most people here.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
As noted above, I guess it was another fundamentalist who delivered the thigh-slapper about the dinosaurs on the ark.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
If it was another fundamentalist who said that about the dinosaurs and not you, I apologize.

But you and your confreres have said so many ridiculous things that it's hard to keep track of who said what.

As to my goal being delivering quips that poke fun?

You're close. One of my goals during my highly enjoyable retirement is to confront ignorance and lies.

Sometimes that requires holding a mirror up to the silly things that people say.

Unfortunately for you I suppose, you say more silly things than most people here.
I think you should first start with a mirror. I no longer take you seriously. Now is a good time for you to start with meaningful dialogue.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:00 PM

Since no animals or plants migrated into the 2nd eon of Genesis 1:2 from the 1st eon of Genesis 1:1 to 1:2 it is impossible for evolution to occur to where humans evolved from an ape-like creature. 6000 years just is not long enough for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity