Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2014, 04:24 PM

296 posts, read 238,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I do not worship the ground Peter walked on!
No Catholic has mentioned anything about worshiping Peter.Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-19-2014 at 04:32 PM.. Reason: Off topic and personal

Old 04-19-2014, 04:29 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,015 times
Quote:
When you die you go up to the Pearly gates of heaven where Saint Peter is waiting. If you are not nice to Saint peter you don't get in. So be careful!

Old 04-19-2014, 04:29 PM

889 posts, read 825,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCarson View Post
Great. Neither do Catholics, so you'll fit right in.

“From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!”
― Dr. Seuss, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
I learned to read on that book...but I digress.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Quote:
Great. Neither do Catholics, so you'll fit right in.

“From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere!”
― Dr. Seuss, One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Then, stop pushing your Catholic Apologetics down my throat, for red fish are not blue fish, Dr Seuss!

What more shall I say?

For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak, and Samson, and Jephthah, also of David, and Samuel, and the prophets: who through FAITH subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to fight the armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again. Others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. Still others had trials of mocking and scourging, yes, even chains and imprisonment. They were stoned, were cut in two, were tempted, and slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented — of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth. And all these, having obtained a good testimony through FAITH, did not receive the promise; the SPIRIT having provided something better for them!

That something better does not mean, what the Church says:

"Bow down and worship me; and all these things will be given to you."

Old 04-19-2014, 04:47 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,916,184 times
Jerwade, you seem to be starting to let their importunate self-aggrandizement get your goat. Take a deep breath and feel sorry that it seems to be all they have to offer.

Old 04-19-2014, 04:54 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Jerwade, you seem to be starting to let their importunate self-aggrandizement get your goat.
Take a deep breath and feel sorry that it seems to be all they have to offer.
...but one red-fish, does not equate to two blue-fish?

"Men cannot comprehend the existence of error; when too deeply immersed in it."

Old 04-19-2014, 05:03 PM

555 posts, read 456,839 times
Quote:
Then, stop pushing your Catholic Apologetics down my throat, for red fish are not blue fish, Dr Seuss!

What more shall I say?

For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak, and Samson, and Jephthah, also of David, and Samuel, and the prophets: who through FAITH subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to fight the armies of the aliens. Women received their dead raised to life again. Others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. Still others had trials of mocking and scourging, yes, even chains and imprisonment. They were stoned, were cut in two, were tempted, and slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented — of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth. And all these, having obtained a good testimony through FAITH, did not receive the promise; the SPIRIT having provided something better for them!

That something better does not mean, what the Church says:

"Bow down and worship me; and all these things will be given to you."

The title of the thread is, "Why does the Roman Catholic Church believe that the Bishop of Rome is the exclusive and rightful successor to Peter?"

Surely it makes sense for Catholics to answer the question and respond to objection to those answers?

There are other threads for those are cannot bear to hear what we have to say, but yeah, this IS a Catholic thread.

(obligatory obtuse quote in bold italics)

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
Ellen DeGeneres

Old 04-19-2014, 05:05 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,916,184 times
Quote:
There are other threads for those are cannot bear to hear what we have to say, but yeah, this IS a Catholic thread.
There are, for sure. Show me where else you are participating.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Jerwade, you seem to be starting to let their importunate self-aggrandizement get your goat. Take a deep breath and feel sorry that it seems to be all they have to offer.
Nate-

You're quick with your ad hominems but not so quick, I observe, to address the actual arguments presented.

So, while you're trying to sound above it all with your dismissive tone, in fact, you're simply dodging the subject matter.

Old 04-19-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
There are, for sure. Show me where else you are participating.
If you click on my name, you can view all my posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.