Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2014, 12:33 PM

1,030 posts, read 841,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Before you believed what you do now,did you view yourself an enemy of God and do you believe God viewed you in that way too?.
I don't recall ever thinking I was an enemy of God even when I was. I doubt God viewed me that way since He knew I would end up a child of His and serve him. I would suppose having foreknowledge would give God an upper hand in such things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 12:52 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
I don't recall ever thinking I was an enemy of God even when I was. I doubt God viewed me that way since He knew I would end up a child of His and serve him. I would suppose having foreknowledge would give God an upper hand in such things.
So there are some that he views that way ?. What you are also saying is the only ungodly ones he loved and paid the ultimate price for by crucifixion at the hands of wicked men, are the ones he knew would believe, the rest he knew that wouldn't believe he didn't love. How convenient is that, along with pride that stinks to the highest heaven.

The truth is God did and completed something before you were a twinkle in your fathers eyes. The scripture says he reconciled us by his death and if this is true, how much are we saved by his life..........Salvation(nothing to do with being saved from hell fire) is a done deal, and only by faith in it do we experience the effects of it, giving your assent to it does not do anything for you whatsoever.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
So there are some that he views that way ?. What you are also saying is the only ungodly ones he loved and paid the ultimate price for by crucifixion at the hands of wicked men, are the ones he knew would believe, the rest he knew that wouldn't believe he didn't love. How convenient is that, along with pride that stinks to the highest heaven.

The truth is God did and completed something before you were a twinkle in your fathers eyes. The scripture says he reconciled us by his death and if this is true, how much are we saved by his life..........Salvation(nothing to do with being saved from hell fire) is a done deal, and only by faith in it do we experience the effects of it, giving your assent to it does not do anything for you whatsoever.
This is foolishness and wrong. The offer is for all. Those who reject are not forced to accept. Your silly game is tiresome.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:08 PM

694 posts, read 642,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCarson View Post
How Many People Go To Hell?

We can’t really know this.

Different figures in Church history have had different viewpoints on the question, and the Church itself does not have a teaching on the matter.

Some passages of Scripture seem to have a pessimistic tone but others seem to have an optimistic tone.
Speaking of the Scriptures, it is written in Matthew 4:4, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

Or at least that is what I have heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCarson View Post
Pope Benedict on Christian Hope

Instead, we should entrust them to the loving and merciful God who gave his own Son to die on a Cross so that they might be saved.

That’s how much he loves them.
God Bless Pope Benedict, a very good and honorable man in my opinion, but if the blood of bulls and goats can't atone for man's sin, then neither can a God that kills his own son, since the Eternal can neither be created nor be destroyed, for it is without beginning or end, neither does it change forms. Only a lie changes over time, the truth remains constant.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:19 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,331,204 times
Quote:
This is foolishness and wrong. The offer is for all. Those who reject are not forced to accept. Your silly game is tiresome.
No it is not, this kind of doctrine is believed by many. What is foolish is to suggest that someone with knowledge of the consequences of an eternal hell would reject a way out of it. Who in the right mind would do that ?. You were still loved of God while you were ignorantly an enemy in your mind towards Him,when Christ shone in your heart the glory of the knowledge of God, you saw your error of your way and did what you could only do....return to him. Their was no offer on the table, it was the word of God accomplishing in you what it was sent out to do.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:43 PM

555 posts, read 457,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
Speaking of the Scriptures, it is written in Matthew 4:4, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

Or at least that is what I have heard.

God Bless Pope Benedict, a very good and honorable man in my opinion, but if the blood of bulls and goats can't atone for man's sin, then neither can a God that kills his own son, since the Eternal can neither be created nor be destroyed, for it is without beginning or end, neither does it change forms. Only a lie changes over time, the truth remains constant.
The blood of bulls and goats cannot satisfy because they are finite. The death of Jesus, who is God, does satisfy because God is infinite and therefore, the sacrifice is infinite.

More here if you are interested.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:18 PM

64 posts, read 64,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
You are eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you will surely die, in fact, you are spiritual dead, the Holy Spirit you can receive as an believer in Christ, but an unbeliever has the spirit of this word and this world is enmity to God.
What exactly is the "tree of the knowledge of good and evil"?

Who exactly told Adam and Eve not to eat from this tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

What exactly happens if you eat a fruit from it?

Do you not wish to know what is good from what is evil? Do you not wish to be able to discern them?

Do you not see in the world that people are behaving as though they do not know what is truly good for them and for others?

Do you not see the state of the world because people are not following what they Know deep within themselves to be true?

Do you know what Christ and Christhood mean? (Christ is not the last name of Jesus.)

Do you know what Christian means?

Do you believe because others believe?

Question what you think or believe.

It is not God's will that you follow meekly with a herd-mindset. That is what factions with an intention to control you utterly would tell you. It would be naïve to presume that holy books have not been tainted by people. Only those who do not wish people to be empowered would tell you to follow meekly and unquestioningly, for such people are much easier to control and manipulate.

You need to be humble out of recognition that there are greater powers and potent influences in the world and beyond. Yet, you must empower yourself with the power of Holy Spirit (Knowledge) within you, so that you can contribute for the good of humanity.

Do you not need power to forgive?

Do you not need power to truly love?

Do you not need power to accomplish anything that is truly meaningful?

Power is neutral; as such, it can be used for good or evil. The world needs more people with the power of Knowledge (Holy Spirit). You want to be empowered - empowered by the power of Knowledge (Holy Spirit) within you.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that you have acquired a free ticket to heaven merely by believing in Jesus or going to church, synagogue, temple, or mosque. To be a Christian, to be Christ-like, to attain Christhood is to reclaim Holy Spirit (Knowledge) within you so that it may express itself through you.

When Jesus said you can enter heaven only through him, it was Holy Spirit (Knowledge) within him that was speaking through him. That is, you can enter heaven only through Knowledge (Holy Spirit), for it is the part of you that is connected to God.

Heaven is, indeed, within you.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
No it is not, this kind of doctrine is believed by many. What is foolish is to suggest that someone with knowledge of the consequences of an eternal hell would reject a way out of it. Who in the right mind would do that ?. You were still loved of God while you were ignorantly an enemy in your mind towards Him,when Christ shone in your heart the glory of the knowledge of God, you saw your error of your way and did what you could only do....return to him. Their was no offer on the table, it was the word of God accomplishing in you what it was sent out to do.
I suspect you are just trying to convince yourself that your religion is better than mine.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:55 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,382,275 times
Quote:
I suspect you are just trying to convince yourself that your religion is better than mine.
Call me crazy, but I suspect if your religion involves a creator who "lovingly/justly" made it a rule at the beginning of the universe that one sin = eternal torture and his does not, I don't think he has to convince himself with much difficulty

Old 04-21-2014, 05:06 PM

555 posts, read 457,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Call me crazy, but I suspect if your religion involves a creator who "lovingly/justly" made it a rule at the beginning of the universe that one sin = eternal torture and his does not, I don't think he has to convince himself with much difficulty
God is merciful to those who want his mercy. But he doesn’t force himself on us. We have the freedom to choose by the way we live our lives. After we have died, if we have chosen to serve Satan, then we belong to him. We cannot go back and re-choose.

There is a hell because we have the freedom to choose evil instead of serving God. To choose away from God is hell—pretty basic stuff. God doesn’t choose to send us there. That choice is entirely up to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity