Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2014, 05:08 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,405,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
I suspect you are just trying to convince yourself that your religion is better than mine.
What is it you find fault with what i said that would make you say such a thing?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 05:40 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCarson View Post
God is merciful to those who want his mercy. But he doesn’t force himself on us. We have the freedom to choose by the way we live our lives. After we have died, if we have chosen to serve Satan, then we belong to him. We cannot go back and re-choose.

There is a hell because we have the freedom to choose evil instead of serving God. To choose away from God is hell—pretty basic stuff. God doesn’t choose to send us there. That choice is entirely up to us.
Have you met Vizio yet?

You're his kind of Catholic.

Old 04-21-2014, 06:29 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,388,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCarson View Post
God is merciful to those who want his mercy. But he doesn’t force himself on us. We have the freedom to choose by the way we live our lives. After we have died, if we have chosen to serve Satan, then we belong to him. We cannot go back and re-choose.

There is a hell because we have the freedom to choose evil instead of serving God. To choose away from God is hell—pretty basic stuff. God doesn’t choose to send us there. That choice is entirely up to us.
Us, meaning everyone on this planet whether they have even heard of Christ on not, all have a simple "basic" choice?...Riiiight. Besides, your post doesn't really address the logical and moral insanity of such a design as I posted before. Remember: Under this design, God supposedly made ALL the rules...which would mean he thought eternally torturing 70% to 99% percent of all human kind for all eternity (a never ending guantanamo with a protentially infinite pain scale) for not being lucky enough to accept Christ was a just and moral thing to do when he created the universe...Compare that to the most evil rulers in history and it doesn't look so good for the traditionalist Christian view of God..which is why I'm quite a bit more open minded about this issue than I use to be.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:50 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,535,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
Would God really send me to burn eternally? For reals?
No God isn't going to burn you eternally, hell has been destroyed already (Rev 20:13).

Old 04-21-2014, 08:14 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,457,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What will happen to me, if I'm not a Christian?

The same thing that happens to Christians, or the whole of humanity without exception.

"What happens to one, happens to ALL."

Old 04-21-2014, 09:22 PM

1,030 posts, read 843,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Call me crazy, but I suspect if your religion involves a creator who "lovingly/justly" made it a rule at the beginning of the universe that one sin = eternal torture and his does not, I don't think he has to convince himself with much difficulty
OK! You are crazy!

That is not exactly how it works. Eternal separation from God results from rejecting God. If you don't want to be with Him then it's your choice. I see it as more of an allowing us to choose how we spend eternity rather than God making the decision.

Old 04-22-2014, 03:21 AM

Quote:
OK! You are crazy!

That is not exactly how it works. Eternal separation from God results from rejecting God. If you don't want to be with Him then it's your choice. I see it as more of an allowing us to choose how we spend eternity rather than God making the decision.
Thankfully scripture does not say anything of the sort.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Thankfully scripture does not say anything of the sort.
Actually it does. You must reject the scripture you disagree with to come to that conclusion.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Actually it does. You must reject the scripture you disagree with to come to that conclusion.
There is no use disagreeing with what i said without providing scripture to back up what you are saying, which is eternal separation results from rejecting God. The fact that you believe that Jesus Christ came to secure our future is erroneous in itself.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There is no use disagreeing with what i said without providing scripture to back up what you are saying, which is eternal separation results from rejecting God. The fact that you believe that Jesus Christ came to secure our future is erroneous in itself.
But I know the game. I show you the scripture and you say it does not mean what it say's and because you say it does not mean what it say's you win. Sorry. Don't feel like playing your game with you. I can read it over and over on the forum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity