Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 10:49 PM

88,527 posts, read 84,719,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The question does not deserve an answer.

It is highly unlikely that any person in the planet could think the church calls married women slutty. It is very hard for me to believe that another person could actually think that. Therefore, this is just a an empty question that needs no answer.
No, you, Julian, are the person who referred to a woman who had no sex as "pristine". That infers that women who have sex are something less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2014, 05:13 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Jesus said "For out of the heart come evil thoughts--murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander." Mat. 15:19
Oh please, try looking at folk in a different light, you are only quoting how you see yourself. Jesus Christ continually did this in his ministry and saved such quotes like this one you are quoting for those who couldn't see and accept what you see in others is just a reflection of self.

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Go figure out who is the good and evil man.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:40 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,438,426 times
My mother was a staunch believer in the Assembly of God doctrine; however, she always taught me that if a Catholic actually followed the dictates of their church, they were in good shape. Since her beliefs were quite narrow, I'm surprised she had that view.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:00 AM

1,030 posts, read 840,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Oh please, try looking at folk in a different light, you are only quoting how you see yourself. Jesus Christ continually did this in his ministry and saved such quotes like this one you are quoting for those who couldn't see and accept what you see in others is just a reflection of self.

A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Go figure out who is the good and evil man.
You seem to not like what Jesus said.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:19 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
You seem to not like what Jesus said.
You seem to reject what Jesus said about the good man bringing forth good things FROM HIS HEART.

Do you not understand that what comes out of our heart is dependent upon where we live?.

The disciples asked Jesus where he was staying. "Come," he replied, "and you will see." So they went and saw where he was staying, and they spent that day with him. It was about four in the afternoon.

Do you think he showed them a nice little one bedroom condo or the true place he lived......in the Father ?.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:09 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, you, Julian, are the person who referred to a woman who had no sex as "pristine". That infers that women who have sex are something less.
Ah, the Mother of God should be pristine and a consecrated Virgin. I believe it should be that way because anything associated with God should be pristine.

I do not know if Mary remained a Virgin or not. But, from a theological point of view she should have been a Virgin. In any event it is not an issue for me. As a Catholic I spend no time thinking about this (other than now).

The Sola Scriptura folks want to think of Mary as an ordinary woman, but I think this is just a reaction to Catholicism.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:11 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
My mother was a staunch believer in the Assembly of God doctrine; however, she always taught me that if a Catholic actually followed the dictates of their church, they were in good shape. Since her beliefs were quite narrow, I'm surprised she had that view.
That is because she was a wise woman with an open mind.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:38 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,226,535 times
Quote:
Ah, the Mother of God should be pristine and a consecrated Virgin. I believe it should be that way because anything associated with God should be pristine.

I do not know if Mary remained a Virgin or not. But, from a theological point of view she should have been a Virgin. In any event it is not an issue for me. As a Catholic I spend no time thinking about this (other than now).

The Sola Scriptura folks want to think of Mary as an ordinary woman, but I think this is just a reaction to Catholicism.
Jesus' entire lineage was filled with your average sinner that needed saving, including Mary.

Luke 1:47 "And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour." (Mary speaking. Even she knew she needed saving).

Scripture, The Word of God (Bible) bears out the truth .

Old 05-11-2014, 07:55 AM

1,030 posts, read 840,311 times
Quote:

As a Christian I am associated with God. But I am not pristine. Well I am to God because of the blood of Christ but that is the only reason. Mary was an ordinary woman chosen for an extraordinary purpose by God.

To claim that married women are slutty is just wrong. These are institutions ordained by God and to degrade women in such a way is wrong.

To deny an absolute is insanity.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:56 AM

889 posts, read 825,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
As far as I can tell, almost if not all such are responses to claims of authority BY Catholics. Maybe your question should be "Why do Catholics claimt to be the "right" church all the time instead of talking about how the Church helps them in following Christ?"
How does the Church help folks follow Christ if they are going to the Church of the Perpetual Collection? For many folks, a little logic goes a long way to getting them home.

It's part of Catholic evangelization. First things first.

Last edited by GoodToBeHome; 05-11-2014 at 08:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity