Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 12:11 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,344,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
I fully realize that scripture proves an afterlife and any Christian accepts that truth. It seems you will say what ever to support your religion but you do not apply it to you personally in any other way.

You have finally accepted defeat. Bit, i will not gloat!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 12:21 PM

1,030 posts, read 840,812 times
Quote:
I fully realize that scripture proves an afterlife and any Christian accepts that truth. It seems you will say what ever to support your religion but you do not apply it to you personally in any other way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
You have finally accepted defeat. Bit, i will not gloat!!!
There you go again! I post on one thing and you respond to something else.

Never defeated! I have VICTORY in Jesus!

Old 05-08-2014, 01:35 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,839 times
Quote:
There you go again! I post on one thing and you respond to something else.

Never defeated! I have VICTORY in Jesus!
He somehow thinks that when a person refuses to continue arguing about the same thing over and over again that he has won something. That is what this is all about to him, Julian. He wants to win. He doesn't care one iota about the actual truth and the Bible. He follows the Catholic Papacy just like they have taught him, no independent thinking whatsoever. It is a shame, really.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
He somehow thinks that when a person refuses to continue arguing about the same thing over and over again that he has won something. That is what this is all about to him, Julian. He wants to win. He doesn't care one iota about the actual truth and the Bible. He follows the Catholic Papacy just like they have taught him, no independent thinking whatsoever. It is a shame, really.

Papacy????

Did you bother to read Matt 16: 19 and John 21: 15-17? That is in the NT.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:00 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Yes, but also one sided. Most of the discussions I have seen on here are about spurious claims to authority for the Catholic Church, and that scenario doesn't apply.
It was definitely one-sided, but "the other side" can probably come up with something just as amusing from their point of view.

And isn't that what this is all about, anyway? "MY form of the religion is SUPERIOR to yours! MINE is the RIGHT one because I know God better than YOU do!"

That's always worked out so well, such as in 16th-century England or 20th-century Ireland. Yes, let's keep up the tradition of division in Christianity!

Old 05-09-2014, 09:24 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Why do Catholics worship Mary?

Old 05-09-2014, 09:26 AM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Grrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Or is that the answer to, "What is the most ignorant question a person can ask about Catholicism?"

Old 05-09-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:

This is the typical fundamentalist viewpoint and it is engraved in stone. I would expect this from a Christian newbie.

You are a minister, an educated man. You know the answer to the question and you know it is not worship. You are pretending to be ignorant about the issue.

Old 05-09-2014, 09:31 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
This is the typical fundamentalist viewpoint and it is engraved in stone. I would expect this from a Christian newbie.

You are a minister, an educated man. You know the answer to the question and you know it is not worship. You are pretending to be ignorant about the issue.
You don't? Why not? Your own church tells you to do so. The 2nd Vatican Council said:

"Having entered deeply into the history of salvation, Mary, in a way, unites in her person and re-echeos the most important doctrines of the Faith: and when she is the subject of preaching and worship she prompts the faithful to come to her son,..."

Old 05-09-2014, 09:33 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,813,278 times
Quote:
You don't? Why not? Your own church tells you to do so. The 2nd Vatican Council said:

"Having entered deeply into the history of salvation, Mary, in a way, unites in her person and re-echeos the most important doctrines of the Faith: and when she is the subject of preaching and worship she prompts the faithful to come to her son,..."
What comes after the ellipses of that quote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity