Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 10:29 AM

550 posts, read 517,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Explain, please.
1. So many ways in which he's a Heathen it's unreal
2. and as for claiming the Buddhists will go to heaven, you notice he didn't post a scripture to back it up with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 01:17 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,811,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
1. So many ways in which he's a Heathen it's unreal
Well, that doesn't answer my question. Can you give 1 or 2 specifics?

Quote:
2. and as for claiming the Buddhists will go to heaven, you notice he didn't post a scripture to back it up with?
He makes no such claim in the video. He says anyone, no matter what religion, can come to Christ.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:40 PM

550 posts, read 517,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

He makes no such claim in the video. He says anyone, no matter what religion, can come to Christ.
But you can't come to Christ and still worship Buddha. He left that out.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:24 PM

950 posts, read 694,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
God would find a way for that person to know the gospel.
Actually, in the video, Mr. Graham says that a Buddhist goes to Heaven if he did not even hear the name of Jesus. See the video again.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:28 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,216,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Actually, in the video, Mr. Graham says that a Buddhist goes to Heaven if he did not even hear the name of Jesus. See the video again.
If indeed there is a heaven, I believe Mr. Graham would be correct. Atheists would join the choir celestial too, as would every well-meaning person of any and all persuasions.

Old 07-07-2014, 03:40 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
Quote:
Billy Graham is a heathen and a liar
Let's see. Billy Graham has traveled hundreds of thousand of miles spreading the Gospel. Thousands and thousands of people have answered his altar calls. But you, a guy sitting behind a computer who has done none of that, think he's a heathen and a liar. I'm guessing you and Billy aren't on a first name basis.

I have an idea Billy Graham, at the peak of his ministry when he was counseling Presidents and common folk, would have never even thought of judging you and calling you names.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-07-2014 at 03:49 PM..

Old 07-07-2014, 04:48 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,608,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
I listened to it just now.

He says that these Buddhists and others can be saved when they are called out of that religion. this is true. God calls us out of any place we are in, of course, we are no longer buddhists or whatever but we have been called out, to the new life in Christ.

he is speculating about some people having an inner sense of Jesus even though they might not know the name "Jesus". I really dont know about that. I do know that you must be saved ONLY thru Jesus because Jesus said "I AM THE Way" (not just "a way" or "one of many kinds of ways).

I have heard the stories (i cannot verify if they are true but they are intersting to think about - stories of Muslims in Asia and Middle East who have visions of Jesus telling them that they need to come out of that religion and follow Him. some of the muslims were very radical, and when they get the vision, they are changed and now willing to suffer and die for Jesus. So i cannot say if this IS God, but it could be possible that God is reaching them, because that is what they need. I do not believe all these american preachers who have these signs and wonders allegedly saying its of God. I think some of that is malarkey, but perhaps the Muslim in the middle East needs that to be saved. I dont know, its just a thought. I cant prove if it is of God or not, but for them to make taht much of a change, it is possible.

I have no idea how God reaches some people in remote places, where a person has never phyiscally brought the gospel, but i think God knows how to message them in some way, i dont know, but it is possible. again i cannot speculate, only guess.

but if he meant that a buddhist can be saved and still remain a buddist, that would be WRONG.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:00 PM

88,661 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
But you can't come to Christ and still worship Buddha. He left that out.
People don't worship Buddha. They follow his teachings, but he's not a deity.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:28 PM

950 posts, read 694,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
People don't worship Buddha. They follow his teachings, but he's not a deity.
Yes, you are correct. That's why one can be both Christian and Buddhist at the same time. It's the impression we get from Billy Graham's statement.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:53 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,212,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
An innocent 25 year person old born in a country where Jesus is not known.

This person is going to hell????

Really??????

What kind of God would do that?
Can you locate an innocent 25 year old person? I've never met one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity