Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 08:41 AM

1,030 posts, read 840,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yet throughout this thread you have made it about yourself by making a fuss over being called a biblean(someone who believes the bible is infallible and inerrant), you feel it is rude and judgmental towards you.

Camps the Amigo
People who resort to such name calling are just children with nothing to say. It is evidence you are defeated by the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 08:41 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Well maybe the problem is among those who do as you say and ... among those who put the spirit ahead of scripture.

Such elevate themselves above scripture by claiming revelation, understanding different than clear scripture etc.

It is scripture as understood by spirit AND in harmony with other scripture, not in contradiction to it. After all, we all can read what is said but we can't all be sure our leading or anyone else' is truly from God. If we could there would not be thousands of churches.

What example in scripture do we have to show how to test the spirit?
The thousands of churches don't come from different "leadings" of the Spirit that are not based on scripture, but from different interpretations of the scriptures themselves, This illustrates my point. "Leadings" may be checked by scripture, reason, the testimony of saints and whether or not it matches the fruit of the spirit that is a good touchstone.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:09 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
People who resort to such name calling are just children with nothing to say. It is evidence you are defeated by the truth.
Identifying someone as a biblean or fundamentalist is not name calling, they are simply terms that refer to the system of belief you belong to. If somebody called me a biblean when i was a fundamentalist, i would have taken it as a compliment knowing the meaning behind it.

What is the truth i am defeated by on this thread, when neither you or Finn have contributed anything in regards to the OP. One of you(i get mixed up between the 2 of you) mentioned christianity spreading like wildfire, yet holds to the belief only a few are saved.

Christianity in my opinion has gone to the wall, because bibleans being bound by the belief that the bible is infallible and inerrant and that unless you accept this and all your pet doctrines you cannot be saved, this is as far from the truth you could ever be.

Talking about being childish. Your words from another thread >>>>> Are you old enough to be on here alone? Ask your mommy.

Camps the Amigo

Old 05-19-2014, 09:27 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Absolutely. The idea of inerrancy and plenary inspiration, even if they were true place the emphasis on the letter rather than on the spirit and tend to make legalists concerned with exact meanings and interpretations rather than the spirit of concern for the well-being of everyone in any particular situation. It tends to put us back under law rather than love.
Amen, nate! Why they doi not see that when they make the words "written in ink" superior to what the Comforter leads us to in our heart . . . they are elevated the letter above the Spirit. God IS Spirit. God IS love. Christ's Spirit IS love and His Comforter leads us to the truth in love that God has "written in our hearts." ANYTHING that violates that Spirit of agape love . . . is anti-Christ and NOT of God. All non-Love is the result of the pettiness, vindictiveness, jealousy, greed, lust, and distorted evil sense of justice of men.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:40 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It has nothing to do with me personally, and everything to do with contradiction, hypocrisy, self righteousness and anti Christian attitude in general.
It has nothing to do with you personally but everything to do with the anti-Christ apostasy in the mainstream Christian churches based on 100% Bible inerrancy. The anti-love, anti-Christ parts of the Bible are given the authority of God over the love "written in our hearts" by God. I trust love because God IS love and anything that is non-love is not of God, period. THAT is the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of God and Christ) that must never be blasphemed!!! The majority apostasy that has gripped the church in these "latter days" is anti-Christ! That is my BELIEF and is not a judgment on anyone. If you personally subscribe to the apostasy . . . you personally adopt the criticism as a judgment . . . but it is NOT a judgment against any specific PERSON. It is just what is wrong with Christianity today. It is anti-Christ apostate because it is anti-love in favor of a corrupt and evil sense of justice and holiness. God IS Spirit. God IS love. God is Holy. The Holy Spirit IS love. Anything that is non-love is not of God.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Yet throughout this thread you have made it about yourself by making a fuss over being called a biblean(someone who believes the bible is infallible and inerrant), you feel it is rude and judgmental towards you.
No, it is not about me, although you are working hard to make it about me. This thread is about exposing hypocrisy, and it has been quite successful at it.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Absolutely. The idea of inerrancy and plenary inspiration, even if they were true place the emphasis on the letter rather than on the spirit and tend to make legalists concerned with exact meanings and interpretations rather than the spirit of concern for the well-being of everyone in any particular situation. It tends to put us back under law rather than love.
You were asked to justify false accusations. How does this post justify it?

Old 05-19-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It has nothing to do with you personally but everything to do with the anti-Christ apostasy in the mainstream Christian churches based on 100% Bible inerrancy. The anti-love, anti-Christ parts of the Bible are given the authority of God over the love "written in our hearts" by God. I trust love because God IS love and anything that is non-love is not of God, period. THAT is the Holy Spirit (the Spirit of God and Christ) that must never be blasphemed!!! The majority apostasy that has gripped the church in these "latter days" is anti-Christ! That is my BELIEF and is not a judgment on anyone. If you personally subscribe to the apostasy . . . you personally adopt the criticism as a judgment . . . but it is NOT a judgment against any specific PERSON. It is just what is wrong with Christianity today. It is anti-Christ apostate because it is anti-love in favor of a corrupt and evil sense of justice and holiness. God IS Spirit. God IS love. God is Holy. The Holy Spirit IS love. Anything that is non-love is not of God.
I asked you why you feel you can talk about consequence of sin, but if someone else talks about it you accuse them of being judgmental. You have not answered, because you know such position is highly hypocritical and self righteous. You also don't see anything wrong in making declarations about who is a follower of Christ and who is not. Now THAT is judgment.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:08 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
The thousands of churches don't come from different "leadings" of the Spirit that are not based on scripture, but from different interpretations of the scriptures themselves,
Actually they all claim God helped them see "this" and it is from God.Scripture is quite capable of interpreting itself, so any interpretation from man is wrong.

Quote:
This illustrates my point. "Leadings" may be checked by scripture, reason, the testimony of saints and whether or not it matches the fruit of the spirit that is a good touchstone.
Yes checked against scripture and if at odds, discard it. Of course with the different interpretations abounding, it is necessary to also look for evdiecne in such fruitage as Christ and the Apostles/Disciples showed as well.

Many want to claim that which is not evidenced in their lives nor in conformity with clear scripture. Their argument is; I have God's promised spirit ...

Strange that no one has posted a clear scriptural example of how to test the claimed spirit.

It is there.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:44 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn_jarber
now, does anyone want to try to justify accusing these men of not being followers of jesus or of being biblians instead of christians just because you disagree with them about biblical inerrancy?
Quote:
absolutely. The idea of inerrancy and plenary inspiration, even if they were true place the emphasis on the letter rather than on the spirit and tend to make legalists concerned with exact meanings and interpretations rather than the spirit of concern for the well-being of everyone in any particular situation. It tends to put us back under law rather than love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finn_jarber View Post
you were asked to justify false accusations. How does this post justify it?
I'm sorry, maybe you think it is appropriate to put us back under law or go by the letter which kills rather than the spirit that gives life, or that doing so is following Christ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity