Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2014, 01:14 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
typical of you. God made no mention of war but you do. I wonder why .....

and the timer continues
I think is was legoman who said God uses war and disease to judge us.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:15 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
why are responding to me for I always held that no one major qualities of God doesn't dominate completely the others, it was other99 thatdared to stated a verse Malachi 2:16 that says something other than God IS LOVE.

It is for the "God IS Love \ the "Jesus loves me this I know ... that is all I want to know" crowd that downplays to completely dominate anything of the other major qualities that do.

the timer still continues ..........
I responded because yours was the last post at the time and I was responding to the point. Not necessarily you.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Huh? I have no choice in being gay. If other people think their God is punishing an entire country for allowing gay marriage, then that's their issue. Personally, I think God is a lot less involved with what goes on here on earth than many Christians seem to believe. Too many people in this world do nothing wrong, yet they have misery and oppression forced on them. Others have no compassion, yet they are showered with power and wealth. Life is pretty random, IMO.
Everyone has a choice as to what they DO,

Old 05-29-2014, 01:20 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
typical of you. God made no mention of war but you do. I wonder why .....

and the timer continues
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Oh I see war is not violence.
.... God made no mention of war but you do. I wonder why ..... " can leopards change their spots? "Jeremiah 13:23

Old 05-29-2014, 01:21 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think is was legoman who said God uses war and disease to judge us.
If you go to the epistle of James. He clearly tells you where wars begin.

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Huh? I have no choice in being gay. If other people think their God is punishing an entire country for allowing gay marriage, then that's their issue. Personally, I think God is a lot less involved with what goes on here on earth than many Christians seem to believe. Too many people in this world do nothing wrong, yet they have misery and oppression forced on them. Others have no compassion, yet they are showered with power and wealth. Life is pretty random, IMO.
It's in the Bible, not your personal opinion! Either you believe what's in the Bible or you don't. If you don't then that's your choice, but how does your personal opinion relate to a discussion on Christian views on this topic? How are we having a discussion about Christianity on this topic if all people want to do is to inject their own opinions on this? Why don't we just move this to the Politics & Other Controversies if we are going to do that.

I have no problem with you having a different view on this, I just don't understand what your view has to do with Christianity. Notice I haven't even given my personal opinion on this. I just point people to the Bible because that is the only authority that determines if we are truly suffering a moral collapse and all the signs point to yes!!!

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
If God actually cared about what happened here on Earth and wanted to send a message that he was angry, he'd be striking down the troublemakers specifically.

That would send a clear message: some rich executive guts a company and ruins the lives of thousands - and then dies the next day. Some sleazy politician gets away with murder - and then dies the next day. And so on... until that starts happening, there won't be any proof that God cares, and certainly if he takes his wrath out on the helpless populace who has no more power to chance this current mess than the slaves of Rome could change their fate in life, he's not going to impress anyone or win any converts.

Of course, what is really going on is just the usual aspects of life: war, famine, pestilence, disasters both natural and man-made... with no evidence of God whatsoever.

Old 05-29-2014, 01:22 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
.... God made no mention of war but you do. I wonder why ..... " can leopards change their spots? "Jeremiah 13:23
So violence is not war? Can war pretend it is not violence ?

Last edited by pcamps; 05-29-2014 at 01:35 PM..

Old 05-29-2014, 01:28 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
If God actually cared about what happened here on Earth and wanted to send a message that he was angry, he'd be striking down the troublemakers specifically.

That would send a clear message: some rich executive guts a company and ruins the lives of thousands - and then dies the next day. Some sleazy politician gets away with murder - and then dies the next day. And so on... until that starts happening, there won't be any proof that God cares, and certainly if he takes his wrath out on the helpless populace who has no more power to chance this current mess than the slaves of Rome could change their fate in life, he's not going to impress anyone or win any converts.

Of course, what is really going on is just the usual aspects of life: war, famine, pestilence, disasters both natural and man-made... with no evidence of God whatsoever.
Have you ever been shown mercy before? Do you get punished for every wrong thing you have ever done in your life or have you ever had times where someone cuts you some slack? It doesn't mean that what you did was okay, it doesn't mean that the people in a position of authority over you (parents, bosses) do not care or do not exist, but perhaps, just maybe, those people are or in this case God is willing to give people a chance to get this right? Why does God have to operate in the manner that you want him to? Who are you? Like really, who are you really that you can determine how God should or should not operate? Are you a parent? Have you ever had someone tell you how to raise your kids? Do you think you should do what they do, just because they have an opinion? If you don't believe it's possible to show mercy, then I hope you never make a mistake with anyone in your life. God can certainly judge those individuals when he wants to, in the way he wants to, it is not necessary for us to figure that out because ultimately what control do we even have over that?

Old 05-29-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post

He will. He is allowing time for some of those trouble makers to wise up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.