Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 01:07 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,405,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Quite well as I am not deceived by such and place my trust not in man but in God and His Son.

See Finn's post just before this one.
If you view the world as being wicked, there's no way you have peace. Quoting the bible does not give peace.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:56 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,300,322 times
Quote:
They all lie. Every leader in every Country as they are under Satan's rule.
I don't agree about "satan's rule", but we're in agreement on politicians lying

Old 06-05-2014, 02:17 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,971,823 times
Quote:
The thread discussion is about "good" VS "bad".

Atheists do not have God's love in them or they would praise Him.
And the particular point under examination was whether God loves them. And, as I pointed out, He does.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:25 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,483,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I don't agree about "satan's rule", but we're in agreement on politicians lying
BBE John 14:30 After this I will not say much to you, because the ruler of this world comes: and he has no power over me;

It is why it is such a mess.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And the particular point under examination was whether God loves them. And, as I pointed out, He does.
Yes, but they don't love Him. General group, not individuals.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
If you view the world as being wicked, there's no way you have peace. Quoting the bible does not give peace.
It definitely does, a peace you do not have.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:34 PM

64,067 posts, read 40,345,816 times
Quote:
Yes, but they don't love Him. General group, not individuals.
Again . . . how could you possibly know this????

Old 06-05-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Again . . . how could you possibly know this????
How do you know they do, when they reject His existence? Maybe you know better about those who say he is a fairy tale?

Here is your problem.

You and your buddy camps spend som much time attacking others, that you actually give the lie to your claim of having God's love. Your posts turn people away from your position, not draw them closer as it is all based on your opinion and claim YOU are spirit led. No evidence of it yet.

Please note that you and I do agree on somethings, but not everything and your posts turn me further away from your views.

Try actually answering instead of using the silly old "the best defense is a good offense". Don't offend, help "good" people SEE truth, not take your word for it.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:52 PM

64,067 posts, read 40,345,816 times
Quote:
How do you know they do, when they reject His existence? Maybe you know better about those who say he is a fairy tale?
I don't judge by human standards or appearances, period. God knows . . . that is sufficient.
Quote:
Here is your problem.
You and your buddy camps spend som much time attacking others, that you actually give the lie to your claim of having God's love. Your posts turn people away from your position, not draw them closer as it is all based on your opinion and claim YOU are spirit led. No evidence of it yet.
This is an example of you accusing us of things we never do. We attack no one. We witness to our understanding of Christ and His Gospel and decry the corruption that exists in the mainstream churches based on mistaken belief in the Bible as God's word instead of Christ. This is another example of you accusing others of what you do:
Quote:
Oh I also do not make silly assumptions and then brand others, something God's spirit would not allow a person to do, if they had it.
Remember your own words, expatCA?
Quote:
Please note that you and I do agree on somethings, but not everything and your posts turn me further away from your views.
That is sad . . . because we do agree on much . . . but your insistence on the corruption of a 100% inerrant and infallible Bible rejects the New Covenant and God's promise to "write in our hearts" so we would not need anyone to teach us. And it rejects Christ's Holy Spirit (Comforter) as guide to what is in our hearts because you OVERRULE what is in your heart by what is "written in ink." That is a recipe for disaster, my brother. You negate the power of the Spirit by overriding it with the Bible.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:04 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,405,224 times
Quote:
It definitely does, a peace you do not have.
Knowing the prince of peace gives you peace. Quoting the bible does not bring peace, and anyone who condemns the world for being the world does not have peace but is moved by what they see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity