Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 02:25 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,075,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheLord View Post
I can't think of his name...
Ted Haggard..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 02:48 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,075,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Just for the record, I lived near Pastor Hagee in San Antonio in the Dominion. He does not live on a Ranch, but has a nice home. No horses, not a ranch.
Just for clarification..

He lives in a 5,000 sq ft home in the Dominion..

and owns an 8,000 sq ft ranch in Texas.

two different places..

Old 06-16-2008, 06:17 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,631,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Ted Haggard..
Yep, thanks....that's the one.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:04 PM

30 posts, read 63,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Read the thread about van impe below or better yet,you could search this site or someother christian sites about televangelist and you will find hagee. He is like most of the other televangelist..money ,money,money. He lives on a huge ranch for crying out loud. Why doesn`t he scale back his lifestyle and give the money to help the poor like his God tells him to do? No,he would rather spend his money on elaborate tv sets and horses etc. obviously that is more important to him. Doesn`t God say don`t store up treasures on earth? I also have trouble listening to someone who says he is called of God,has the calling of God in his life,so much so that he is on the world stage being the voice of God, interpreting God`s word and he doesn`t have the discipline over his own body. Maybe he has some kind of problem that can`t be controlled but if he is aligning himself with the likes of copeland then he will tell you that God will cure you of any physical or mental ailment. If you are not receiving healing then you don`t have enough faith. Like most televangelist it`s all about fame and fortune. Just because someone holds a bible in their hand and can quote scripture..some of it falsely.. does not make him a man of God. I`ve seen him lately on Kenneth Copelands telethon. `Let`s give the lord a shout of praise in the house of God`.
Van Impe oh you mean that nut that is on late night on one of my 12 "Christian" channels on U-verse. I wish these channels were optional. I also wish that AT&T would also have Islamic, Jewish, and Hindu programming on their U-100 package included. They don't. I will take a new president, FTC action, and civil litigation for that to happen. Even Dish, Direct TV, and the pseudo-monopoly Time Warner Cable does not either. He turns the Bible into a psychic medium. I call him Holy Cleo, part Holy part Ms. Cleo. Has any of his predictions came true? He should be looked at. Pat Robertson followed suit briefly. John Hagee is kind of like the Jerry Falwell back in the day when he thought all Black people were evil if you search wikipedia it tells you back in the 50s during his Ol Gospel Hour about him.

John Hagee is a selfish hate monger. Even though I do not believe in political correctness or censorship this fellow pastor has brainwashed a lot of people and thinks only of himself, not cornerstone. He is like that of a cult leader.

I think there should be a rule that if religion gets into politics they should be taxed and not given a free ride. If someones kids want to go to church school joe the taxpayer should not pay for it as it is a violation of the establishment clause of the first amendment. I am not liberal, nor by any means conservative.

I like the sermons of Joel Osteen of Lakewood Church he does not denounce anyone just speaks the important points of faith and religion. A lot of people have chastised him about it but only because his view-ship and attendance is higher than any other church, he does not mix with politics, or cuts people down. That is what a church should be like. If you want to speak out against people or anyone, it does not belong in the church, it belongs in the bar, chat room, or other establishment.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostball View Post
I don't think I've ever heard John Hagee preach on repentance and holiness and forsaking sin.
and you probally never will.

Old 06-16-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
In Texas everyone knows HEB stands for the supermarket giant Herbert E. Butts great store by the way. I think Hagee has no place to talk seeing he is the poster boy for the sin of gluttony. Yes, he should repent.
wrong HEB stands for Howard Edward Butt. Charles Butt signs the paychecks. I know I use to work there.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:40 AM

76 posts, read 187,567 times
I heard Mr Hagee say one night that HEB stands for Hagees Eat Better. Yep, and it shows too. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Just think of the poor people who do without so they can send him their tithe money on a monthly basis. This takes a lot of nerve, don't you think? I sure didn't hear any compassion or love in that.
Many people place all their confidence and trust in a TV ministry and one day they will be sorely disappointed. They want "fast food" religion and rarely if ever take the time to open up their own dusty Bibles and read for themselves.... if they even have one. They are like the baby bird in the nest who opens it's mouth and swallows anything it's mother shoves down it's gullet.
WAKE UP people.... study the Word of God for yourselves.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:06 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,219,811 times
and saying, Repent, for the kingdom of Heaven is at hand. (Matthew 3:2)
From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, Repent! For the kingdom of Heaven is at hand. (Matthew 4:17)
And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. (Matthew 4:23)
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. (Matthew 6:33)
Not everyone who says to Me, Lord! Lord! shall enter the kingdom of Heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in Heaven. (Matthew 7:21)
And I say to you that many shall come from the east and the west, and shall sit down with Abraham and Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of Heaven. (Matthew 8:11)
But the sons of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matthew 8:12)
And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. (Matthew 9:35)
And as you go, proclaim, saying, The kingdom of Heaven is at hand. (Matthew 10:7)
Truly I say to you, Among those who have been born of women there has not risen a greater one than John the Baptist. But the least in the kingdom of Heaven is greater than he. (Matthew 11:11)
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of Heaven is taken by violence, and the violent take it by force. (Matthew 11:12)
He answered and said to them, Because it is given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of Heaven, but it is not given to them. (Matthew 13:11)
When anyone hears the Word of the kingdom and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and catches away that which was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown by the wayside. (Matthew 13:19)
And I will give the keys of the kingdom of Heaven to you. And whatever you may bind on earth shall occur, having been bound in Heaven, and whatever you may loose on earth shall occur, having been loosed in Heaven. (Matthew 16:19)
Truly I say to you, There are some standing here who shall not taste of death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom. (Matthew 16:28)
and said, Truly I say to you, Unless you are converted and become as little children, you shall not enter into the kingdom of Heaven. (Matthew 18:3)
Therefore whoever shall humble himself like this little child, this one is the greater in the kingdom of Heaven. (Matthew 18:4)
Therefore the kingdom of Heaven has been compared to a certain king who desired to make an accounting with his servants. (Matthew 18:23)
But Jesus said, Allow the little children to come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of Heaven. (Matthew 19:14)
Which of the two did the will of his father? They said to Him, The first. Jesus said to them, Truly I say to you that the tax-collectors and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you. (Matthew 21:31)
Therefore I say to you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you and given to a nation bringing out its fruits. (Matthew 21:43)
But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of Heaven against men. For you neither go in, nor do you allow those entering to go in. (Matthew 23:13)
And after John was delivered up, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom of God, (Mark 1:14)

And He said to them, Truly I say to you that there are some of those who stand here who shall not taste of death until they see the kingdom of God come with power. (Mark 9:1)
But when Jesus saw, He was much displeased and said to them, Allow the little children to come to Me and do not hinder them. For of such is the kingdom of God. (Mark 10:14)
Truly I say to you, Whoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter into it. (Mark 10:15)
And seeing that he had answered intelligently, Jesus said to him, You are not far from the kingdom of God. And no one dared to question Him any more. (Mark 12:34)
Joseph of Arimathea, an honorable counsellor, who also waited for the kingdom of God, came and went in boldly to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. (Mark 15:43)
And He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there shall be no end. (Luke 1:33)
And He said to them, I must proclaim the gospel, the kingdom of God, to other cities, because I was sent on this mission, (Luke 4:43)
And it happened afterwards, He traveled in every city and village, proclaiming and announcing the gospel of the kingdom of God. And the Twelve were with Him, (Luke 8:1)
And He sent them to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. (Luke 9:2)
But knowing this, the crowds followed Him. And He received them and spoke to them of the kingdom of God, and He healed those who had need of healing. (Luke 9:11)
But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who shall not taste of death until they see the kingdom of God. (Luke 9:27)
Jesus said to him, Let the dead bury their dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God. (Luke 9:60)
And heal the sick that are in it, and say to them, The kingdom of God has come near you! (Luke 10:9)
Even the dust of your city which clings to us, we wipe off against you. Yet be sure of this, that the kingdom of God has come near you. (Luke 10:11)
But rather seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you. (Luke 12:31)
Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. (Luke 12:32)
And they will come from the east and the west, and from the north and the south, and will recline in the kingdom of God. (Luke 13:29)
And one of those who reclined with Him heard these things, and he said to Him, Blessed are those eating bread in the kingdom of God. (Luke 14:15)
The Law and the Prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God is proclaimed, and everyone is pressing into it. (Luke 16:16)
And being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered and said, The kingdom of God does not come with observation. (Luke 17:20)
Nor shall they say, Lo here! or, behold, there! For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst. (Luke 17:21)
But Jesus called them and said, Allow the little children to come to Me, and forbid them not. For of such is the kingdom of God. (Luke 18:16)
Truly I say to you, Whoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no way enter into it. (Luke 18:17)
And I appoint a kingdom to you, as My Father has appointed to Me, (Luke 22:29)
that you may eat and drink at My table in My kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. (Luke 22:30)
Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. (John 3:3)
Jesus answered, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless a man is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (John 3:5)
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, then My servants would fight so that I might not be delivered to the Jews. But now My kingdom is not from here. (John 18:36)
[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]

Old 06-30-2008, 08:23 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,505,247 times
I don't listen to John Hagee. I am not sure where he stands.
All I do know, is when God's spirit is truly present - there is a tremendous conviction of sin - a desire for repentance. This is what we need to see today. People just can't see sin as sin and they have little conviciton of it or a desire to repent.

Hell is an awful place whatever or wherever it is. Heaven has been put in the reach of anyone - Jesus is the key. This is what we need to share with people. They need to know the basic truth of salvation.

As for John Hagee's weight. He is too fat. Gluttony is a sin. As Christians we shouldn't let anything master us.......food, drink,drugs....etc...

Old 06-30-2008, 09:22 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,286,926 times
[b][quote][quote=Will210;4129298]Van Impe oh you mean that nut that is on late night on one of my 12 "Christian" channels on U-verse. I wish these channels were optional. I also wish that AT&T would also have Islamic, Jewish, and Hindu programming on their U-100 package included. They don't. I will take a new president, FTC action, and civil litigation for that to happen. Even Dish, Direct TV, and the pseudo-monopoly Time Warner Cable does not either. He turns the Bible into a psychic medium. I call him Holy Cleo, part Holy part Ms. Cleo. Has any of his predictions came true? He should be looked at. Pat Robertson followed suit briefly.

Have you tried using your remote?
It's so simple...
What I usually do, when a bunch of nonsense , cursing, sex, idolatry, and trash
appears on my screen by accident" I just use the change channel/program switches..
Unless I think that there might be some thing I can get out of it"from continuing to watch it.
God Bless You
my $.02
p.s. I've been spending a lot of spare change on CD tonight, but this one was
totally irresistable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity