Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 05:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Jesus and all the prophets were parrots. God loves His son, the parrot who serves Him.
Indeed, and He said His followers should be parrots too: "He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

But he also knew the world will hate you for it: ""If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."

But remember this when people mock you, or call you a "bible quoting parrot" for doing what Jesus asked you to do: "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 10:53 AM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed, and He said His followers should be parrots too: "He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

But he also knew the world will hate you for it: ""If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first."

But remember this when people mock you, or call you a "bible quoting parrot" for doing what Jesus asked you to do: "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."
But he didn't say go into the world parroting bible verses . He sent them into to the world to be examples of himself and his did he say how that the world would recognize them were disciples of him ? Exactly not by your beliefs, your traditions or your doctrines ..... But BY the love you have one for another.

Can you show me from your bible where Jesus sent anyone out with the word "quote the bible at em and they'll believe" I thought so.

Old 08-03-2016, 10:59 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,968,884 times
Quote:

You could be right, Finn, though there is no evidence that there is anything but parroting without understanding. Some examples of practical application of that Word would go a long way toward dispelling that perception.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:12 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,797,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You could be right, Finn, though there is no evidence that there is anything but parroting without understanding. Some examples of practical application of that Word would go a long way toward dispelling that perception.
Sure. Whatever. Same to you.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:52 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,072,451 times
He also said no greater love has any man than this, that he lay down his life for his friend.

No one can claim they love man, when they don't love G-d enough to lay down their own life for Him, because if you don't love G-d enough to be in covenantal (requires blood) relationship with Him, you can't keep covenantal relationship with man, either, because it is G-d who makes it possible for you to do so.

THAT is the love by which we will know them, not by those parroting one scripture over and over again. Peace

Old 08-03-2016, 12:18 PM

64,024 posts, read 40,331,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We would NEVER question the power of Christ's agape love in your life for healing or any other reason. That is what we promote. It is the ugly barbaric blood sacrifice nonsense that we reject. What does that barbaric ugliness add to your love of God??? How does that encourage you to embrace His love???Repent of what??? I spread the Good News of Christ's Gospel of agape love for us all. I promote His love and urge everyone to adopt it in their everyday life. YOU have not walked the path of my life and then think you can turn and say to me I am wicked or sinful or Satan's spawn. Where does this condemnation come from? It doesn't seem like love to me.If the love of God you speak of refers to the ugly barbaric blood sacrifice nonsense, then of course that is far from me. I am not a barbarian and the very thought of its brutality repulses me. It does NOT engender love of God in me, quite the contrary. Jesus and His unambiguous demonstration of agape love for us all while undergoing such horrendous scourging and crucifixion - THAT engenders love of Him and love of God in me. There is only one Jesus as there is only one God and agape love is the true love of God because God IS agape love. You insist on attaching primitive and barbaric ugliness to God and Christ's loving demonstration of agape love for us all. I do NOT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is only because you mistakenly and ignorantly think words are only to be spoken. They convey meaning and they require action, not just speech!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
In other words entering into the spirit of them rather than mimicking them like a parrot that's got no idea what it is actually saying.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
But he didn't say go into the world parroting bible verses . He sent them into to the world to be examples of himself and his did he say how that the world would recognize they were disciples of him ? Exactly not by your beliefs, your traditions or your doctrines ..... But BY the love you have one for another.

Can you show me from your bible where Jesus sent anyone out with the word "quote the bible at em and they'll believe" I thought so.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:46 PM

37,342 posts, read 28,398,967 times
Quote:

Finn Jarber you keep taking indirect jabs at me, how about addressing the reasonable questions I put forth to you ?.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,452,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
He also said no greater love has any man than this, that he lay down his life for his friend.

No one can claim they love man, when they don't love G-d enough to lay down their own life for Him, because if you don't love G-d enough to be in covenantal (requires blood) relationship with Him, you can't keep covenantal relationship with man, either, because it is G-d who makes it possible for you to do so.

THAT is the love by which we will know them, not by those parroting one scripture over and over again. Peace
If you cannot follow his will to love others - those who you can see, hear, and touch.

How will you love that which you cannot?

Old 08-03-2016, 07:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,281,476 times
Quote:

I've never seen a single post on this forum expressing hate for Peacegiver....or anyone else.

I have seen posts from fundamentalists who wear virtual hair shirts and who cloak themselves in a weird martyrdom because they've decided everyone hates them.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:23 PM

64,024 posts, read 40,331,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I am tired of you lying about ONE scripture. In addition to 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5, and the Sermon on the Mount, there are several others indicating Christ's intense focus on agape love as His instructions to His disciples. He only refers to His Body and Blood as the way to remember His love for us all. He says nothing about blood covenants with God, just a New Covenant with God that does NOT focus on the words "written in ink" but the truth God has "written in our hearts" in agape love and the guidance of the Comforter sent in Christ's name to teach us. Read these and then try to suggest that His focus was NOT on agape love for God and one another.

Galatians 5:6King James Version (KJV)
6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

1 John 3:11 (King James Version)
11For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1 John 4:7 (King James Version)
7Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Colossians 3:12-14New International Version (NIV)
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Matthew 22:37-40 King James Version (KJV)
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Hebrews 10:24 (King James Version)
24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

John 17:3 (King James Version)
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1 John 4:11-12 (King James Version)
11Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

1 John 4:16-21 (King James Version)
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19 We love him, because he first loved us.
20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
21And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

John 13:34 (King James Version)
34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 15:9-10 (King James Version)
9As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.
10If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15:12 (King James Version)
12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15:17 (King James Version)
17These things I command you, that ye love one another.

1 John 3:23 (King James Version)
23And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Romans 13:8-10King James Version (KJV)
8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity