Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 11:31 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,950,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophronius View Post
Yes but this is not a one on one conversation. There are clearly attempts being made to define Christianity, all would be true in area's of agape , although in defining the belief system there is an order within agape otherwise the light of discernment is truly avoided and the defining belief would truly produce the robot. The gentle directives are contained in the Word and example. So I'm not disagreeing although agape requires a foundation in keeping with emphasis where definitions are being introduced. Maybe I'm wrong or missing something but can't find where the frame for agape is being recognized in the faiths defining. Without a frame the essence of belief wanders.
Hi there Sophronius,

I'm sorry but could you possibly re-word that, if it's not too much trouble?
I'm not entirely sure I am following the direction of your post.

thanks,
sparrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 11:34 AM

348 posts, read 295,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Hi there Sophronius,

I'm sorry but could you possibly re-word that, if it's not too much trouble?
I'm not entirely sure I am following the direction of your post.

thanks,
sparrow
Enjoy reading your posts. Quickly agape love is being introduced and it is Not being explained in any way other then emotionalism I can see.

Last edited by Sophronius; 07-02-2014 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: revised idea to re-write due to good explaining in follow.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:55 AM

550 posts, read 518,098 times
"If you love me, KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS"
- Yeshua the Christ

Doesn't get any plainer than that.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:58 AM

63,949 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
- Yeshua the Christ
Except that it is "MY" commandments NOT "THE." Christ's commandments are to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't."

Old 07-02-2014, 12:08 PM

550 posts, read 518,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Except that it is "MY" commandments NOT "THE." Christ's commandments are to "love God and each other" daily and repent when we don't."
You obvioiusly don't know what the Commandments are so how will you ever be able to keep them?.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
- Yeshua the Christ
Quote:
Quote:
You obvioiusly don't know what the Commandments are so how will you ever be able to keep them?.
Since following Christ's commandments encompasses the entire "Spirit of the commandments" . . . it is not possible to fail. In fact, it encompasses far more than the few commandments specified in the "letter of the law."

Old 07-02-2014, 12:19 PM

348 posts, read 295,200 times
Quote:
Since following Christ's commandments encompasses the entire "Spirit of the commandments" . . . it is not possible to fail. In fact, it encompasses far more than the few commandments specified in the "letter of the law."

Putting the cart before the horse. . Also seems to argue without an explanation reconciliation advisory, Love each other and repent when you don't. ( area being discussed would be definition of the belief system.

Last edited by Sophronius; 07-02-2014 at 12:37 PM..

Old 07-02-2014, 12:54 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,802,042 times
Quote:
I have always taken Jesus at His word. When asked about the greatest commandments, He was quite clear. Love God with your whole mind, your whole heart, your whole soul, and love your neighbor as yourself.

But who is my neighbor, Lord?

There follows the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:16 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,950,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophronius View Post
Enjoy reading your posts. Quickly agape love is being introduced and it is Not being explained in any way other then emotionalism I can see.

How so?

Old 07-02-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Oh you were talking about Mystic? So, "his agape love". What do you mean by "his agape love" then. Why "his"?? Why not just "agape love"?
Do you not believe that God is love?
Love stems from the root: the Creator.
If we are following the path of LOVE, we are following the Creator, whether we "profess to believe" or not. Atheists may take offense at that, I don't know. But since I DO believe in a Creator, it is the only logical conclusion I can arrive at.
Why "christians" would take offense at that, is totally beyond me.
IMHO...It isn't about division.
It isn't about "my side versus your side".
It isn't about "I'm a special chosen one and you're not."
It isn't about "non-believers versus believers"
It is about our spiritual maturity.
Maturing into LOVING BEINGS as our Creator's plan for EACH of us.
Each and every life lived is vital to the whole picture.
peacegiver, Your "obeying" is your path to walk. And I wish you peace on your path, but one day, you will be shown that God loves each and every single one of us. Our "labels" will flutter to the ground...
thank God.
Great witness as usual, sparrow . . . but I still cannot rep you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity