Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2016, 07:13 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,444,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why would you have to believe or become that which you already possess?

Now this is a statement of great wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 07:17 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,444,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Well...there it is. SMH. Claiming Jesus Christ as authority
AND telling someone to shove it in the same sentence.
This is a terrific example of why non-believers point and laugh at Christians.
Still laughing!

Old 08-06-2016, 08:10 PM

63,949 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When there is a conflict between what God has "written in our hearts" in agape love under the guidance of the Comforter (Spirit) and what is "written in ink" in the Bible, which do you consider the final authority???? If you say the Bible, then you are making the Bible the authority over the Spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I flat out said Jesus Christ is my authority, so you are not being honest (as usual).
NO, YOU are not being honest by changing the subject and avoiding the question. We are talking abut the Spirit and the Bible. As Christians, we ALL have Jesus as our authority, but that is NOT the question. Which is your final authority, the Spirit or the Bible when they conflict????

Old 08-06-2016, 08:17 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Kudos to you for continuing to peel away the hypocritical veils with which Finn continues to drape himself.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:49 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Which is your final authority, the Spirit or the Bible when they conflict????
Jesus Christ as long as he agrees with my beliefs about the bible.

Old 08-06-2016, 09:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,950,316 times
Quote:
I flat out said Jesus Christ is my authority, so you are not being honest (as usual).

Of course your dear "team mate" came back to declare that Jesus is not my authority. That's the game here isn't it? You like to declare who believes what, and what people actually say is meaningless.
Finn, I showed WHY you could not really hold Jesus as your authority, but you duck answering that point because you know it is true, and you will NEVER allow that in the case of disagreement you take the Bible over the Spirit and claim that there IS no contradiction and NO way they could conflict. You claim that the Spirit has never taught anything different from the Bible but when backed into a corner your only excuse is that the principle behind the new concept is taught, and that is exactly the point we have been making.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
NO, YOU are not being honest by changing the subject and avoiding the question. We are talking abut the Spirit and the Bible. As Christians, we ALL have Jesus as our authority, but that is NOT the question. Which is your final authority, the Spirit or the Bible when they conflict????
We'll let's take look:

Quote:
Finn_Jarber: Jesus Christ is my authority
Quote:
nateswift No, Finn, Jesus Christ is NOT your authority
Quote:
MysticPhD: You see it has always been about asking you What your authority IS, the Spirit or the Bible and you have been ducking and dodging the question
I am getting tired of your games and dishonest claims. If someone tells you Jesus is their Lord and authority, then who the heck are you to say otherwise? Spirit and Jesus are the same voice, so if someone says Jesus Christ is their authority, it also means Spirit is their authority. Everyone knows that, so you are arguing for the sake of arguing.

Putting you back on ignore.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-07-2016 at 08:21 AM..

Old 08-07-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Still laughing!
Well, let me repeat it to keep you laughing.

People like Nate and Mystic and other anti-Christians are in habit of telling people things like this:

"You worship a book"

"You are a biblean"

"You are not a real Christian"

"Jesus Christ is not your lord (or authority)"

"Your god is a monster"

"A book is your authority"

The list goes on, and we see it here every day, and they will repeat it no matter how often they are corrected. They are lies, personal attacks designed to mock and demean the relationship people have with their God. Satan speaks like that, and my reply is that they can shove it up their rear. To be honest, it is surprising such language is allowed on a Christian discussion board.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-07-2016 at 08:18 AM..

Old 08-07-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Finn, I showed WHY you could not really hold Jesus as your authority
Unfortunately it is not for you to judge who is, or isn't considering Jesus as their authority. Its for them to say, and for God to judge. You are not the judge. If someone tells you they are a Christian, or that they consider Jesus Christ their lord, or authority, then who the heck are you to say otherwise?

Look at yourselves people.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:28 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,950,316 times
Quote:
Unfortunately it is not for you to judge who is, or isn't considering Jesus as their authority. Its for them to say, and for God to judge. You are not the judge. If someone tells you they are a Christian, or that they consider Jesus Christ their lord, or authority, then who the heck are you to say otherwise?

Look at yourselves people.
When the evidence demonstrates it then it is for me to judge, and when the result of that misuse of authority is positive harm to others, it is for me to point it out. You STILL have not addressed that evidence, Finn, because you KNOW what it shows, it has been demonstrated to you far too well.

Don't feel bad, Finn, there are several of your fellow fundamentalists on this board who are in the same boat. They either ignore the question or refuse to answer, and you may have noticed that none of them is helping you out here either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity