Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2016, 12:22 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,080,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And some who dig deep find only worms.

Well, ya know, Jacob, you worm, the Lord loves worms. Like the fish symbol used of Him by ancient Christians, His nature swallows up the nature of Jacob. As a fishing man, you can appreciate that, I'm sure. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2016, 12:22 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,055,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I do not believe this, although I did when I was in Great Britain. I was making a point to Finn Jarber that this is what he really believes, like all bible fundamentalists do, but he will not say this because he plays the politician and likes to be economical with the truth.
Ahh.. well you can always migrate back to Britain.. you probably know that England has a wonderful history of Christianity too and if you're looking for truth I can tell you the Puritans weren't neither political or economical in dealing with truth! So much so they were all (2000+ puritan ministers) ejected out of the Church of England in 1662 for refusing to compromise their beliefs.

Just a couple of quotes from some of your fellow (ex)countrymen I enjoy reading:

“Christ [is] the very essence of all delights and pleasures, the very soul and substance of them. As all the rivers are gathered into the ocean, which is congregation or meeting-place of all waters in the world: so Christ is that ocean in which all true delights and pleasures meet. . . .” - John Flavel

Now I will say this to every sinner, though he should think himself to be the worst sinner who ever lived: cry to the Lord and seek Him while He may be found. A throne of grace is a place fitted for you. By simple faith, go to your Savior, for He is the throne of grace. - Charles Spurgeon

“A sharp reproof sometimes is a precious pearl, and a sweet balm. The wounds of secure sinners will not be healed with sweet words.” - Richard Sibbes

Last edited by Chanokh; 08-07-2016 at 12:32 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 08-07-2016, 12:31 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,829,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I never said the scriptures ARE G-d, as in the book, I said His Spirit wrote them, and His Spirit inhabits them. Peace
If their "spirit" tells them all these secret teachings which cannot be found in the Bible, then I wonder why they won't share those secrets with the rest of the world like Jesus and the Holy Spirit did by asking the authors to write the words in the Bible.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
You have no proof that the spirit wrote them.

Now there, as elsewhere, is where'd you be wrong. The Spirit bears witness with the TRUTH, if you have the right Spirit.

What you all fail to realize is that the Spirit He promised that came, is the same Spirit that was birthed into the baby Yeshua, and the same Spirit that had Him teaching the Pharisees out of the BOOK, all that was VEILED within.

You, in your error, think that the Spirit came to do away with the BOOK, but it came to WITNESS it, and reveal the hidden manna. Which is why as long as the JEWS don't have that Spirit because they have not repented and received Him as their Messiah, still can only read Moses/the Book, with the veil intact.

The veil is as a woman's veil that preserves her virginity, and it takes the Spirit MALE, to rend that veil TO PRODUCE NEW LIFE, and that new life first manifests as the wisdom from above, the mind of Christ, just as it was shown with Yeshua at 12.

So you and your like minded brethren, have by your error, chosen to remain as women who refuse to allow their husband to join Himself to you, remaining virgins, not because of purity, but because of a LOVELESS rebellion. Because the very word you despise is as YOU, for all below the firmament (and the firmament IS that Spirit of the husband) is FLESH as in the literal natural WORD, same as the letter., and you are refusing to allow the veil to be rent, both in the letter, and in yourselves.

So all your carrying on about how much love you have and that is your measuring stick, is wasted on me, I know the patterns and the principles, and therefore know a lie when I see one. You are self-deluded because you have taken on a wrong spirit. And for this reason, I think it advisable that our discourse along these lines is over, however, I wish all of you the best and it is my sincere hope and prayer that you repent while there is still time to do so. Blessings and peace....

Last edited by Rbbi1; 08-07-2016 at 12:55 PM..

Old 08-07-2016, 12:45 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If their "spirit" tells them all these secret teachings which cannot be found in the Bible, then I wonder why they won't share those secrets with the rest of the world like Jesus and the Holy Spirit did by asking the authors to write the words in the Bible.
lol you are confessing what you're authority and source is. You believe there is nothing outside of the bible to know or believe . I've got news for you, your bible does not say that. As your bible says.... The day will declare it.

Do not quote this scripture at me

If anyone takes away words from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.....

Old 08-07-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

They have. It's the same spirit as the "channelers" who also speak against the Word, preferring their own words to His. Many books have written by this spirit, that are leading people astray. It's sad. It's one of the seducing spirits of the last days. Peace

Old 08-07-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
lol you are confessing what you're authority and source is. You believe there is nothing outside of the bible to know or believe . I've got news for you, your bible does not say that. As your bible says.... The day will declare it.

Do not quote this scripture at me

If anyone takes away words from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.....

Why not, if the shoe fits? Only you're not taking away a portion of it, you've cast the whole thing aside. Even worse. Peace

Old 08-07-2016, 12:59 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,829,972 times
Quote:
They have. It's the same spirit as the "channelers" who also speak against the Word, preferring their own words to His. Many books have written by this spirit, that are leading people astray. It's sad. It's one of the seducing spirits of the last days. Peace
I guess you are right. There are all kinds of strange teachings around, which contradict the words of Jesus.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:03 PM

37,347 posts, read 28,428,376 times
Quote:
Why not, if the shoe fits? Only you're not taking away a portion of it, you've cast the whole thing aside. Even worse. Peace
You know perfectly well that that bible verse is not referring to the whole bible. Can you also provide an Old Testament scripture where it foretold of additional books being added to it ?.. What It did foretell was one would come in what was written in the volume of it. Just for one moment if you dare put aside your biases and prejudices towards your own beliefs and look at things without them.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
You know perfectly well that that bible verse is not referring to the whole bible. Can you also provide an Old Testament scripture where it foretold of additional books being added to it ?.. What It did foretell was one would come in what was written in the volume of it. Just for one moment if you dare put aside your biases and prejudices towards your own beliefs and look at things without them.

See, here is another problem. You continually base your opinions on assumptions. I was an agnostic before I found the truth and met Him and His Spirit. So any biases, prejudices, and beliefs I had were laid down once I met the RISEN LORD. And it is HE that led me through the book that HIS SPIRIT wrote, and He continues to lead me, THROUGH THE BOOK. And shock of all shocks, He started in the beginning with the Tanach, not the NT. Because His Spirit builds with a foundation FIRST, and because I put away everyone but Him, so I didn't have a chorus of voices whispering in my ear what to believe and what not to.

And yes, it is referring to the whole of scripture, which INCLUDES the Tanach. And yes, I can provide you with a scripture. It was said that another prophet would raise up like unto Moses, and that they were to listen to him. That prophet IS the SPRIIT OF CHRIST, and it was HIS book that was written via the Spirit by men who had His Spirit, because it CANNOT BE that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem.

If you would get the basic truth that the Tabernacle is the pattern of heavenly or spiritual things and study IT, you would have your eyes opened to all truth, because that truth is SPIRIT, and as you eat the WORD (table of showbread) in the light of the SPIRIT (candlestick), then and ONLY THEN, are you having true communion or communing with HIM, which He said to do in remembrance (or to RE-member HIM) of Him.

It's not a coincidence that there were 12 loaves of showbread, and 12 tribes, and 12 apostles. But without the first 2, the 3rd will profit you nothing but initial salvation experience, ie. a babe in a manger. If that's all you want, so be it. But stop trying to choke out the Word from growing to maturity in the rest of the body, because you are NOT doing His work, but that of Satan's. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity